National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities 2023 Benefits & Features | National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities Check Fellowship Amount & Last Date | Registration & Login Portal | Check Fellowship Duration & All Details |
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched the National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities so that the students belonging to the PWD category will be able to get the fellowship amounts. Students pursuing or undertaking Ph.D. degrees and M.Phil degrees will be able to get online registration. The Department of Empowerment of Persons With Disability has been delegated the task of carrying out the operations.
Through this article you will get all the information regarding the National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities 2023 such as objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features and important documents, etc. beside with that, we will bring up to date with the step-by-step application procedure for applying online under this fellowship.
National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities
All those PWD students or applicants who want to undertake a Ph.D. degree and M.Phil degree can apply online under the National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities for getting the fellowship amounts offered to them. SC and ST students will be able to secure a 15% reservation reserved for them. This fellowship is also known as NFPWD.
For securing the interests of the students belonging to the PWD categories National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities has been launched. This fellowship amount will be provided only to those students who are carrying Ph.D. degrees and M.Phil degrees from the recognized universities accredited by the UGC. One can apply online under this fellowship before the last date.
Highlights Of National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities 2023
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Fellowship||National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities|
|Launched By||UGC (University Grants Commission)|
|Delegated Ministries||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology |
Ministry of Empowerment of Persons With Disability
|No. of Delegated Ministries||2|
|Delegated Department||Department of Empowerment of Persons With Disability|
|Allocated Portal||University Grants Commission Portal|
|Rules & Regulation||The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995|
|Objective||To provide social security provisions to the students of PWD|
|Benefit||Students will be able to carry out their studies|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Student Category||PWD Students|
|Eligible Degrees||PhD & M.Phil Degrees|
|No. of Eligible Degrees||2|
|Beneficiary Categories||JRF & SRF|
|No. of Beneficiary Categories||2|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism or PFMS System|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship amount|
|Fellowship Renewal||Good Academic Record|
|Fellowship Transferral||Yearly Basis|
|Amount of benefit||Variable Assistance|
|Offered Subjects||Humanities, Social Sciences, Fine Arts, Science, Engineering & Technology|
|No. of Offered Subjects||5|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Last Date of Online Form Submission||31st March 2022|
|Office Address||University Grants Commission (UGC) |
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi – 110002
|Email Id||[email protected]|
Objectives Of National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities
The main objective of launching the National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities is to provide some form of encouragement and enhancement among the students belonging to Persons With Disability so that their hope and confidence will not get down for the continuation and maintenance of their higher studies because it is the study which can give them career aspirations for the maintenance of their livelihood.
Another objective of launching this fellowship is to provide or grant fellowship amounts to students who are pursuing M.Phil and PhD degrees from universities accredited by the UGC. Marks secured by them in the last year’s examination will serve as a selection parameter for the selection of the eligible beneficiary.
The lists of beneficiary categories are as follows:-
- JRF = Junior Research Fellows
- SRF = Senior Research Fellows
List of Eligible Degrees
The lists of eligible degrees are as follows:-
- PhD Degree
- M.Phil Degree
List of Covered Subjects
The lists of covered subjects are as follows:-
- Social Sciences
- Fine Arts
- Engineering & Technology
Only that number of beneficiaries will be able to get the fellowship amounts after getting selection which has been fixed in the form of beneficiary limitation. A total of 200 fellowships will be disbursed this year so that the eligible beneficiaries will get fellowship amounts which mean around 200 students will get selection.
Degree Wise Fellowship Duration
The fellowship duration provided for each degree are as follows:-
|M.Phil + PhD||5 Years|
Course Wise Fellowship Amount
The fellowship amount provided for each course are as follows:-
|Humanities/ Fine Arts or Social Sciences||Rs. 10,000/- (JRF) Rs. 20,500/- (SRF)|
|Science/Engineering & Technology||Rs. 12,000/- (JRF) Rs. 25,000/- (SRF)|
National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities Last Date
The last date for online form submission for the year 2022 was 31st March 2022 for receiving the application forms for the candidates enrolling in the year 2022. Now the new year 2023 has arrived, the last date to apply online for this scholarship this year has not been updated yet. Whenever it will get updated, we will update you.
National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities Selection Procedure
The selection procedure will be carried out by the selection body delegated with the task of selecting students. The applications along with the documents submitted by the student will be scrutinized by the selection body then the selection body will start preparing the merit list on the last year’s performance secured by them in the PG degree exam.
List of Covered Allowances
The lists of covered allowances are as follows:-
- Fellowship Amount
- Contingency Allowance
- HRA Allowance
- Reader Allowance
Seat Reservation Policy
The seat reserved for each candidate category are as follows:-
|Candidate Category||Seat Reservation %age|
Selection Procedure Stages
The stages for the selection procedure are as follows:-
- Verification Process Stage
- Preparation of Beneficiary List Stage
Benefits Of National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Students belonging to the category of PWD will be able to get some social security provisions.
- National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities will provide fellowship amounts to those students who are pursuing Ph.D. and M.Phil degrees.
- The government will provide students with disabilities with a form of encouragement and inspiration.
- Both Junior Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow will get fellowship amounts.
- The students will not need to suffer from financial issues.
- Those applicants who have secured good marks in the last year’s exam for a PG degree will be able to secure their scholarship preferences.
- The government has secured 15% reservations for the ST and SC communities.
- The applicants can apply online for this fellowship before the last date.
- The fellowship amount provided to the students will cover the major allowances.
- Students will become self-independent.
Features Of National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched the National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities.
- This fellowship is also known as NFPwD.
- There are around 2 beneficiary categories categorized for disbursement of the fellowship amounts.
- Department of Empowerment of Persons With Disability has been delegated with the task of carrying out fellowship operations.
- Students who belong to the PWD categories will be considered eligible for applying.
- The student must be undertaking M.Phil and PhD Degree.
- Students pursuing PhD degrees will be given the fellowship amount for the duration of 5 years.
- The starting date of the online application form is 3rd March 2022.
- The last date to apply online under the National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities will be updated soon.
- One can visit the official website for getting more information.
National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities Eligibility Criteria
For applying under this fellowship, the applicant must possess the following criteria mentioned below:-
- The student must belong to citizenship in India.
- The applicant must be a PWD student.
- The student must be undertaking a Ph.D. degree or M.Phil Degree from a recognized university accredited by the UGC.
Some of the important documents required to apply for this fellowship as per given below:-
- Aadhar Card
- DOB Certificate
- Admission Proof
- Educational Certificates
- PWD Certificate
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
- Parent Annual Income Certificate
- Bank Account Passbook
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Phone Number
- Email Id
Process To Apply Online Under National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities
As this fellowship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting contact details on the portal:-
- Visit the official website first.
- Now you will be able to see the homepage.
- On the homepage, look at the top right-hand side of your screen.
- Click on the Contact Us link.
- The contact details will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the contact details.
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the National Fellowship For Persons With Disabilities, then you may contact this mentioned office address, telephone number, and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
- New Delhi – 110002
- Telephone Number:- 011-23604446
- Email ID:- [email protected]