Raja Ramanna Fellowship 2023 Benefits & Features | Raja Ramanna Fellowship Check Fellowship Amount & Covered Allowances | Raja Ramanna Fellowship Check Age Limit & Beneficiary Categories | Raja Ramanna Fellowship Check Registered Institutions & Required Entries | Raja Ramanna Fellowship Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Department of Atomic Energy has launched the Raja Ramanna Fellowship so that retired scientists, engineers and technologists will be able to get or receive the fellowship amounts for carrying out this fellowship. The fellows will be offered opportunities to carry out research and development in the field of their choice for which they want to carry out research.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the Raja Ramanna Fellowship 2023 like objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, and important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this fellowship. To get complete information about this fellowship, read this article till the end.
Raja Ramanna Fellowship
All those retired scientists, engineers and technologists falling under the age group of 70 years can apply online under Raja Ramanna Fellowship in order to carry out research in the field of their choice. The fellow must be an expert in solving nuclear issues. The selected fellows will be granted the fellowship amounts for the duration of 3 years.
Fellowship amount on the monthly basis and the research grant on the yearly basis will be provided or granted to the retired scientists, engineers and technologists who have received a letter to carry out the Raja Ramanna Fellowship. The age of the fellow must not exceed 70 years. The names of eligible fellows will get announced in the month of April and October of the year.
Highlights Of Raja Ramanna Fellowship
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Fellowship||Raja Ramanna Fellowship|
|Launched By||Department of Atomic Energy|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Allotted Portal||DAE Portal|
|Objective||To provide fellowship opportunities to retired scientists, engineers and technologists|
|Benefit||The fellows will be able to contribute some form of investment in the R&D field|
|Applicable to||Citizens of India|
|Beneficiary Categories||Retired Scientists, Engineers and Technologists|
|No. Of Beneficiary Categories||3|
|Age Limit||70 Years|
|Mode of Transfer||DBT|
|Payment Mechanism||E-Payment Mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship Amount|
|Amount of Benefit||Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|Research Grant||Rs. 1,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Covered Allowances||Honorarium, Research, Travelling Grants|
|No. Of Covered Allowances||3|
|Fellowship Tenure||3 Years|
|Transferable Type||Monthly Basis|
|Host Site||NIC (National Information Centre)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||Will be updated soon|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Objectives Of Raja Ramanna Fellowship
The major objective of launching the Raja Ramanna Fellowship is to provide fellowship opportunities to retired Scientists, Engineers and Technologists so that they will be inspired for carrying out research in the fields of Atomic Energy as per their choice. The selected fellow will be given an opportunity to carry out research in the field for which he or she wants to carry out research.
Another objective of launching the Raja Ramanna Fellowship is to redress the issues of research in the fields of Nuclear Areas with the help of Scientists, Engineers and Technologists who have got retired from their service or post. The selected fellows will be awarded the fellowship amount each month and the research grant will be provided to the fellows on an annual basis in one time.
This fellowship will be provided to the below-mentioned beneficiaries:-
- Retired Scientists
- Retired Engineers
- Retired Technologists
Fulfillment of the beneficiary category solely will assure the selection of the fellow for getting the fellowship amounts. Apart from that, the fellows will also need to belong or fall under the age limit or group for which this fellowship has been launched. The age limit of the fellow must be 70 years and if it exceeds the fellow will get debarred.
Raja Ramanna Fellowship Coverage
The following are the covered allowances in this fellowship:-
- Research Grant
- Travelling Grant
Raja Ramanna Fellowship Amount
The selected fellows will be awarded the below-mentioned fellowships:-
|Honorarium||Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Research Grant||Rs. 1,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Travelling Grant||Actual Cost|
Raja Ramanna Fellowship Duration
The selected fellows will need to carry out this fellowship according to the tenure or duration of the fellowship program. The rate of fellowship will also be granted to the selected fellows as per the fellowship duration for which they have been selected. The duration of this fellowship will be 3 years for which the fellows will be granted grants.
Submission Of Annual Progress Report
It is mandatory for all the fellows to know or to follow that they will need to submit an annual progress report at the end of each year. If they are needed for the renewal of next year grant, then they will also need to submit a Statement of Expenditure with this report.
Nomination Form Entries
The following entries must be entered in the nomination form:-
- Designation (at the time of retirement)
- Date of retirement
- Full Official address
- Date of birth
- Highest degree
- Field of specialization
- Professional experience during the last 10 years of service
- List of honors and awards with dates (including fellowships of the academies)
- List of publications during the last 10 years
- Write up on the program with which the senior scientist will attach as Raja Ramanna Fellow
- Facilities proposed (research, office space, residential, any other) are provided by the host institute to the scientist if selected
List of Registered Institutions
The list of registered institutions are as follows:-
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre
- University of Mysore, Mysuru
- University of Mumbai-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences
- University of Mumbai
- University of Hyderabad
- University of Calcutta
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- Super Speciality Paediatric Hospital and Postgraduate Teaching Institute
- Sri Venkateswara University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
- Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
- Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Physical Research Laboratory, A unit of Department of Space, Government of India
- Osmania University
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd
- Nuclear Fuel Complex
- Nuclear Control and Planning Wing, DAE
- National Institute of Technology Nagaland
- National Institute of Technology Durgapur
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- National Institute of Advanced Studies
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Karnatak University, Dharwad
- JNTUH Institute of Science and Technology
- Jadavpur University
- Inter University Accelerator Centre
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics
- Institute of Physics
- Institute of Chemical Technology
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur
- Indian Institute of Science
- Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science
- ICAR-Indian Institute of Soil & Water Conservation, Dehradun
- Homi Bhabha National Institute
- Heavy Water Board
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute
- Goa University
- GANDHI INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT
- Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology University
- CSIR-National Physical Laboratory
- CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory
- CSIR-National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science & Technology
- CSIR-National Geophysical Research Institute
- CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology
- CSIR – Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
- CSIR-Central Leather Research Institute
- CSIR – Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute
- Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology
- Bose Institute, Kolkata
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
- Berhampur University, Odisha
- Bangalore University
- Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research
Benefits Of Raja Ramanna Fellowship
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The issues in the nuclear areas will get solved with the help of this fellowship.
- The selected fellows will be given the fellowship amounts for the duration of 3 years.
- Traveling grants will also be offered to the fellows after return to the arrival location.
- The fellows will be able to get their names announced in the months of April and October.
- Leave for the holiday for the days of 30 can be availed by the fellows.
- This will improve the nuclear policies
Features Of Raja Ramanna Fellowship
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The Department of Atomic Energy has launched the Raja Ramanna Fellowship.
- This fellowship will be provided to retired scientists, engineers and technologists.
- The age limit of the fellows must be 70 Years.
- The selected fellows will need to carry out research in the field of Atomic Energies.
- The rate of fellowship amount will be Rs. 1 Lakhs.
- A research grant of Rs. 1,50,000/- will be provided to the fellows on an annual basis.
Raja Ramanna Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria will need to be possessed by the fellows for applying online:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The fellow must be a retired scientist, engineer and technologist.
- The age of the fellow must not exceed 70 Years.
- He or she must attain professional experience in the last 10 years of his or her service.
Some of the important documents need to apply online for this fellowship are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Professional Work Experience Proof
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Letters of Recommendation
- Publication Lists
- Awards and Honors (If Any)
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
Process To Apply Online Under Raja Ramanna Fellowship
As this fellowship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the Raja Ramanna Fellowship will be launched, we will update you through this article, otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned steps for getting contact details:-
- Visit the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Scroll down the page until you will reach the bottom side of the page.
- Click on the link to Contact Us.
- The email id will get displayed on your screen.
In case you are having any doubts or queries regarding the Raja Ramanna Fellowship, then you may contact this mentioned email ID:- email@example.com.