Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists 2023 Benefits & Features | Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists Check Project Duration & Eligible Degrees | Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists Check Age Limit & Working Experience | Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists Check Offered Fields & Working Experience | Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Department of Science & Technology has launched the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists so that the selected scientists and technologists will be able to carry out research in the offered fields for resolving the issues of socio-economic. The duration of the project will be 3 years which will be offered to the beneficiaries.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists 2023 like objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, and important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists
Scholarship amounts will be provided to the scientists or technologists for carrying out projects or proposals in the fields of AI, Health, Agricultural, Manufacturing, Renewable Energy, etc after getting an online registration under the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists. The scholarship amounts will be offered to the selected beneficiaries for the term period of 3 years.
Scholarship amount will be provided to the scientists and technologists working in the Academic or R&D Institution/S&T based Voluntary Organization for the duration of 3 years of project or proposal under the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists. Beneficiaries must hold master’s and Ph.D. degrees in any field or stream.
Highlights Of Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists 2023
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists|
|Launched By||Department of Science & Technology|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Allotted Portal||DST Portal|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to the beneficiaries for carrying out research projects|
|Benefit||The issues of socio-economic will get solved|
|Applicable to||Citizens of India|
|Beneficiary Categories||Scientists and Technologists|
|No. Of Beneficiary Categories||2|
|Eligible Degree||PG & PhD|
|Age Limit||35 Years|
|Age Relaxation||5 Years|
|Working Experience||5 Years|
|Mode of Transfer||DBT|
|Payment Mechanism||E-Payment Mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship Amount|
|Amount of Benefit||Variable|
|Project Duration||3 Years|
|Host Site||NIC (National Information Centre)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||Will be updated soon|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Office Address||Department of Science & Technology,|
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi-110 016
|Telephone No||+91 11 26590215|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives Of Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists
The primary objective of launching the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists is to provide scholarships to the selected scientists and technologists for the duration of 3 years so that they will be enabled to solve or redress socio-economic issues. Various challenges can be solved in the fields of social and economics.
Another objective of launching the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists is to provide a single integrated portal or platform by which the scientists will be able to exchange their innovative ideas with the scientific communities after carrying out the project or proposal in the offered fields. There will be some form of development in the fields of science & technology.
This scholarship will be provided to the only selected number of beneficiaries who have fulfilled the parameters or criteria of the beneficiary category. The beneficiary must be a scientist or technologist working in the Academic or Research & Development Institution/Science & Technology based Voluntary Organization and they must hold a minimum of 5 years of experience.
The age of the selected beneficiary will also be taken into consideration at the time of shortlisting the names of eligible beneficiaries for providing scholarship amounts. The age of the scientist or technologist must not exceed 35 years or the beneficiary must fall under the age group of 35 years.
The beneficiaries must have possessed the below-mentioned degrees:-
- Master’s degree
- Postdoctoral or PhD degree
It is also the working experience that marks the selection of an eligible beneficiary if the selected beneficiary going to work for the delegated project or proposal in the field of science and technology. The scientist or technologist must have a minimum working experience of 5 years in any Research & Development and Science & Technology Institution.
It is on the basis of the project or proposal duration for which the scientist or technologist will be selected for getting the scholarships. The selected beneficiaries or fellows will need to join or work on the offered project for the duration of 3 years which means the beneficiaries will be awarded the scholarships for the project duration of 3 years.
The beneficiaries can carry out projects in any one below-mentioned fields:-
- Additive Manufacturing
- Agricultural Tools and Agriculture Produce
- Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and IoT for Societal Applications in
- Cost Effective Health and Hygiene Aids
- Disaster Management
- Effective Indigenous Methods of Disease Identifications and Monitoring
- Environment Sustainability & Renewable Energy
- Income Augmenting Agricultural Practices
- Natural Resource-Based Livelihood Systems
- Nutritional Supplements and Value-added Food Products for Human and Animals
- Plant-Based Health Products, Scientific Validation and Upscaling of Traditional Knowledge Systems
- Rural Development
Whether it is a scholarship or scheme, the reservation of age relaxation for the candidates of SC, ST, OBC, EWS, Women, and PWD will also be taken into consideration. The age limit of the beneficiary must be 35 years but in the case of underprivileged communities, the age relaxation of 5 years will be provided which means the last age limit of such candidates can be 40 years.
Terms & Conditions
Some of the important terms and conditions issued for the applicants to follow are as follows:-
- Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
- Only a single proposal will be accepted by one person.
- Around 3 proposals can be submitted by the Organizations/ Institutions/ Universities.
Benefits Of Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Scientists and technologists will be able to carry out research.
- The selected beneficiaries will be granted scholarships for the duration of 3 years.
- Age relaxation of 5 years will be provided to the beneficiaries belonging to the underprivileged communities such as SC, ST, OBC, EWS, Women, and PWD.
- There are around 14 fields that will be offered to the beneficiaries for carrying out project assignments.
- This will redress the issues of socio-economic challenges.
- Beneficiaries who have acquired the minimum working experience will be able to get timely registration.
Features Of Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The Department of Science & Technology has launched the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists.
- This scholarship will be applicable to both scientists and technologists.
- The project duration will be 3 years.
- Around 14 fields will be offered to the beneficiaries for carrying out project research.
- The age limit must be 35 years.
- The maximum age limit can be 40 years for the beneficiaries belonging to underprivileged communities.
Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria will need to possess by the beneficiaries:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must have passed MA or Ph.D. degree.
- He or she must be a scientist or technologist.
- His or her age limit must be 35 years.
- Age relaxation of 5 years will be provided to the SC, ST, OBC, EWS, Women, and PWD beneficiaries.
- The scientist must have acquired 5 years of working experience.
Some of the important documents need to apply online for this scholarship are as follows:-
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Recommendation Letter
- Research Proposal
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
- Quotations of the approved equipment
- Plagiarism undertaking
Process To Apply Online Under Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists will be launched, we will update you through this article, otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned steps for getting contact details:-
- Visit and open the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, scroll down the page until you will reach the bottom side of your screen.
- Then, click on the link to Contact Us.
- The contact details will get displayed on your screen.
In case if you are having any doubts or queries regarding the Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists, then you may contact these mentioned office address, telephone no, and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Department of Science & Technology,
- Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
- New Delhi-110 016
- Telephone No:- +91 11 26590215
- Email ID:- [email protected]