Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | Swarnajayanti Fellowship Check Fellowship Amount & Last Date | Registration & Login Portal | Swarnajayanti Fellowship Check Age Limit & All Details |
For commemorating the 50th year of Independence day, Swarnajayanti Fellowship has been launched for providing a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month to those young scientists who have secured good records in terms of research in the areas of science and technology. Only those fellows will be awarded the fellowship amounts who contribute something innovative to the research idea.
Through this article you will get all the information regarding the Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023 such as objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features and important documents, etc. beside with that, we will bring up to date you with the step-by-step application procedure for applying online under this fellowship.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023
The Department of Science and Technology has launched the Swarnajayanti Fellowship for awarding or providing fellowship amounts in the form of financial help and support to the students of Ph.D. degree holders. On the monthly basis, a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- will be provided to the students or fellows for completing their current research project.
The DST has launched the Swarnajayanti Fellowship covering a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- on a monthly basis which will be provided to the fellows undertaking Ph.D. degrees in the Science, Engineering and Medicine fields. This scholarship will only be applicable to the students undertaking research in the subject fields of science and technology.
Highlights Of Swarnajayanti Fellowship Scheme 2023
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Fellowship||Swarnajayanti Fellowship|
|Known As||Swarnajayanti Fellowship Scheme|
|Launched By||Department of Science and Technology|
|Delegated Ministries||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology |
Ministry of Science and Technology
|No. of Delegated Ministries||2|
|Allocated Portal||Department of Science & Technology Portal|
|Objective||To provide fellowships to students pursuing research in the science and technology fields|
|Benefit||Students will be able to carry out their studies|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Student Category||Students pursuing research in the science and technology field|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism or PFMS System|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship Amount|
|Fellowship Renewal||Good Academic Record|
|Fellowship Transferral||Monthly Basis|
|Fellowship Amount||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Covered Allowances||Maintenance Allowance |
Air Ticket fare
|No. of Covered Allowances||6|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Fellowship Duration||5 Years|
|Application Enrollment Deadline||31st March 2022|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Office Address||Technology Bhavan, |
New Mehrauli Road,
Qutab Institutional Area,
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives Of Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023
The primary objective of launching the Swarnajayanti Fellowship is to provide financial help and support to the fellows undertaking Ph.D. or Post-Doctorate degrees in the science and technology fields covering major areas of research such as Science, Engineering and Medicine. Students will be able to receive this fellowship amount for 5 years.
Another objective of launching the Swarnajayanti Fellowship is to provide a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- on the monthly basis to the students for the 5 years of duration so that they will not get upset in terms of financial stability for carrying out their research work. The student must have a Ph.D. degree in the Science/Engineering or Medicine field.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Timelines
The timelines of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Starting Date to Apply Online||11th February 2022|
|Last Date to Apply Online||31st March 2022|
|Date for Form Correction||30th June 2022|
|Result Announcement||July 2022|
Major Areas of Research
The major areas of research are as follows:-
Rate of Fellowship
Students carrying out Ph.D. degrees in the major areas of research will be given the fellowship amount fixed by the selection body as per government norms and regulations. The fellowship amount provided to the fellows will be transferred directly to their bank account number. The Fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- will be provided to the students considered legible for getting the fellowship amount.
The fellowship amount which will be provided to the applicant or fellow has already been fixed by the selection body. This fellowship will be provided to each fellow on the monthly basis for the duration of 5 years. The fellowship amount which will be offered to the student will cover the major allowances spent by the fellows while carrying out research.
The fellow who is going to apply for this scholarship will need to make sure that the age limit possessed by them is as per the age limit or group that has been specified by the selection body which means The applicant must be falling under the age group of 30 to 40 years.
Mandatory Fields To Be Filled
The following are the lists of fields that are mandatory for filling in the registration form:-
|Fax||Communication Email||Alternate Email|
|Captcha Code||Institute Address||Address|
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Awardees
The awardees of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Sr. No.||Awardee Name||Subject Area & Year|
|1.||Dr. V.K.Singh||Chemical Science (1997-98)|
|2.||Dr. T.P. Radhakrishnan||Chemical Science (1997-98)|
|3.||Dr. V. Srinivas||Mathematical Science (1997-98)|
|4.||Dr. Mohit Randeria||Physical Science (1997-98)|
|5.||Dr. Madan Rao||Physical Science (1997-98)|
|6.||Dr. Subrata Sinha||Life Science (1997-98)|
|7.||Dr. Jayant Udgaonkar||Life Science (1997-98)|
|8.||Dr. S. Bhattacharya||Life Science (1997-98)|
|9.||Dr. D.V.Khakhar||Engg. Science (1997-98)|
|10.||Dr. P.P. Chakrabarti||Engg. Science (1997-98)|
|11.||Dr. Atul H. Choksi||Engg. Science (1997-98)|
|12.||Dr. Deba Jyoti Choudhury||Physical Science (1998-99)|
|13.||Dr. Dipendra Prasad||Mathematical Science (1998-99)|
|14.||Dr. Vivek V. Ranade||Engg. Science (1998-99)|
|15.||Dr. S. Umapathy||Chemical Science (1998-99)|
|16.||Dr. Raghavan Varadarajan||Life Science (1998-99)|
|17.||Dr. V. Kumaran||Engg. Science (1999-2000)|
|18.||Dr. Jayant R. Haritsa||Engg. Science (2001-02)|
|19.||Dr. R.Murugavel||Chemical Science (2001-02)|
|20.||Dr. A. Chokalingam||Engg. Science (2001-02)|
|21.||Dr. Apurva Sarin||Life Science (2001-02)|
|22.||Dr. Abani K. Bhuyan||Life Science (2001-02)|
|23.||Dr. Sandip Tribedi||Physical Science (2001-02)|
|24.||Dr. Raja Ram Bhat||Mathematical Science (2001-02)|
|25.||Dr. Lokesh Tribedi||Physical Science (2002-03)|
|26.||Dr. Subhasis Choudhuri||Engg. Science (2002-03)|
|27.||Dr. Sanjay Mittal||Engg. Science (2002-03)|
|28.||Dr. P.N. Rangarajan||Life Science (2002-03)|
|29.||Dr. F.A. Khan||Chemical Science (2002-03)|
|30.||Dr. Indranil Biswas||Mathematical Science (2002-03)|
|31.||Dr. Srikanth Sastry||Physical Science (2002-03)|
|32.||Dr. Satyajit Mayor||Life Science (2002-03)|
|33.||Dr. Dulal Panda||Life Science (2003-04)|
|34.||Dr. Shubha Tole||Life Science (2003-04)|
|35.||Dr. Charusita Chakravarty||Chemical Science (2003-04)|
|36.||Dr. Debabrata Goswami||Chemical Science (2003-04)|
|37.||Dr. Arun Chattopadhyay||Chemical Science (2003-04)|
|38.||Dr. K.V. Venkatesh||Engineering Sciences (2003-04)|
|39.||Dr. V. Ramgopal Rao||Engineering Sciences (2003-04)|
|40.||Dr. Rajesh S. Gokhale||Life Sciences (2004-05)|
|41.||Dr. P.K. Panigrahi||Engineering Sciences (2004-05)|
|42.||Dr. Navakanta Bhat||Engineering Sciences (2004-05)|
|43.||Dr. Gautam I. Menon||Physical Sciences (2004-05)|
|44.||Dr. Vasant Natarajan||Physical Sciences (2004-05)|
|45.||Dr. SAHA-DASGUPTA Tanusri||Physical Sciences (2004-05)|
|46.||Dr. Sandeep Verma||Chemical Sciences (2004-05)|
|47.||Dr. Nimish A. Shah||Mathematical Sciences (2004-05)|
Benefits of Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Students will be empowered and inspired for pursuing Ph.D. degrees after getting fellowship amounts offered under the Swarnajayanti Fellowship.
- The Fellowship amount will be provided to the students on the monthly basis.
- Students will be able to receive a fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/-.
- This fellowship amount will cover all the other expenses.
- There are around 47 fellows who have been able to get the fellowship amount.
- Young scientists will get some form of reward for contributing their innovation to the research idea.
- The students will be able to explore and invent educational and employment opportunities.
- The applicants can apply online on the 11th of February 2022.
- One can apply online under the Swarnajayanti Fellowship on 31st March 2022.
- Fellows will be able to get or receive the fellowship amount for the duration of 5 years.
Features of Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The Department of Science and Technology has launched the Swarnajayanti Fellowship.
- This fellowship has been launched for commemorating the 50th year of Independence day.
- This fellowship will only be provided to students who are pursuing or have Ph.D. degrees.
- The students must be pursuing Ph.D. degrees in Medicine, Science, and Technology.
- A Fellowship amount of Rs. 25,000/- will be provided to the students.
- This fellowship amount will be provided to the students on the monthly basis.
- The fellowship duration will be 5 years.
- The fresh opening of the scholarship registration form will start on the 11th of February 2022.
- The last date to apply online under the Swarnajayanti Fellowship is 31st March 2022.
- For getting more information one can visit the official website.
For applying online under this fellowship, the applicant must possess the following criteria mentioned below:-
- The student must be a permanent resident of India.
- The applicant must be pursuing or undertaking a Ph.D. degree in the Science, Engineering and Medicine fields.
- He or she must fall under the age group of 30 to 40 years.
- The project undertaken by the student or researcher must hold some innovative research idea.
Some of the important documents required to apply online under this fellowship as per given below:-
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- DOB Certificate
- Educational Certificates
- Driving License
- ID Card issued by the parent institute
- Mobile number
- Email Id
Process To Apply Online Under Swarnajayanti Fellowship
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting online registration on the portal:-
- Visit the Official Website first.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Click on the New PI Registration button shown at the top right-hand side of your screen.
- The registration Form will get displayed on your screen.
- Fill this form correctly by entering all the details such as:-
- Login ID
- Identity Proof
- Landline Number
- Communication Email
- Alternate Email
- Captcha Code
- Institute Address
- After that, click on the Submit button.
- Now your form will get submitted to the portal.
To Do Login
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting login to the portal:-
- Open the official website.
- Look at the right-hand side of your screen.
- Click on the Login button.
- Login Form will get displayed on your screen where you will need to enter the asked details such as:-
- Login ID
- Captcha Code
- Click on the Sign In button.
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Swarnajayanti Fellowship, then you may contact this mentioned below office address and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Technology Bhavan,
- New Mehrauli Road,
- Block C,
- Qutab Institutional Area,
- New Delhi,
- Delhi 110016
- Email ID:- [email protected]