Young India Fellowship 2024 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | Young India Fellowship Check Amount & Last Date | Young India Fellowship Registration & Login Portal | Young India Fellowship Check Online Status & All Details |
Fellowship amounts will be provided or awarded to the fellows, and researchers students for carrying out postgraduate diplomas in Liberal Studies from Ashoka University with the help of the fellowship amount offered under the Young India Fellowship. This will inculcate leadership qualities among them. The students will be able to bring some innovative change to society.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the Young India Fellowship 2024 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online for this fellowship. To get complete information about this fellowship initiative, read this article till the end.
Young India Fellowship 2024
Students who want to carry out their PG Diploma in the liberal arts can undertake so after getting the fellowship amount offered under the Young India Fellowship by Ashoka University. This scholarship has been launched for the students of Ashoka University. The students of this university will be considered eligible to apply. Students can also undertake diploma-level studies after the completion of their UG degree.
Students who are pursuing diplomas in the Liberal arts and diplomas in the same field can approach for the financial help and support offered under the Young India Fellowship. Opportunities will also be provided to the students so that they will be able to convert their diplomas into a research-based MA degree in the Liberal Arts.
Highlights of Young India Fellowship Scheme 2024
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Fellowship
|Young India Fellowship
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|To provide help and support to the students in carrying out the liberal studies
|Students will be able to carry out their studies
|Citizens of India
|Students undertaking a postgraduate diploma in Liberal Studies
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|60% to 70% marks in the previous year’s exam
|70% Attendance Record
|Amount of benefit
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date to Apply
|Will be updated soon
|Plot No. 2,
Rajiv Gandhi Education City,
National Capital Region P.O. Rai,
Objectives Of Young India Fellowship 2024
The major objective of launching the YIF is to provide fellowship opportunities to the students for carrying out a PG Diploma in Liberal studies that will make them conscious leaders. This will enhance their career trajectory. Students will be given admission to those courses for which they are passionate.
Another objective of launching the Young India Fellowship is to provide fellowship amounts to the students for carrying out diploma studies in the liberal study in fields of literature, humanities, history, philosophy, and science with the help of residential facilities offered to them. This will improve their critical thinking for solving real-world problems.
Young India Fellowship Timelines
The timelines of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Fresh opening of fellowships
|Will be updated soon
|Last Date To Apply
|Will be updated soon
|Will be updated soon
The student or scholar must belong to the beneficiary category that has been fixed for the selection process. The student must be going to pursue or pursuing/undertaking a Residential Postgraduate Diploma in the field of Liberal Studies from the universities empanelled with the Young India Fellowship Program. There are around 9 universities to which the student can undertake this study.
Young India Fellowship Duration
The students will be given the fellowship amount for that amount of time or duration which has been fixed by the selection body for which the fellowships will be granted to the students. The fellowship duration will be 1 year consisting of 12 months. This duration will be broken into 8 terms carrying out 6 weeks.
There are 2 programme contents which are as follows:-
- Critical Thinking Curriculum
- Experiential Learning Module (ELM)
List of Eligible Fields
The following fields will be considered eligible for applying:-
- Natural Sciences
- Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences
The beneficiary who is going to apply for this scholarship program will need to make sure that the age limit possessed by them is as per the age limit or group that has been specified by the selection body which means the applicant must be falling under the age group from 28 years.
Percentage Wise Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amounts provided to each percentage holder are as follows:-
|Full Tuition Fee
List of Empanelled Colleges
The lists of empanelled colleges are as follows:-
|University of Michigan
|University of Pennsylvania
|King’s College London
|Trinity College Dublin
Cutting-edge Research Facilities
One of the key highlights of the Young India Fellowship is the access to cutting-edge research facilities. Fellows have the opportunity to work in state-of-the-art labs and research centers, where they can explore their areas of interest and conduct groundbreaking research. Whether it’s in the fields of science, technology, humanities, or social sciences, the YIF provides the resources and support needed to pursue innovative research projects.
The YIF fosters an environment of interdisciplinary collaboration, where fellows from various academic backgrounds come together to exchange ideas and work on projects that transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries. This interdisciplinary approach not only enhances the learning experience but also encourages innovative thinking and problem-solving. By collaborating with peers from different fields, fellows gain a broader perspective and develop a holistic understanding of complex issues.
Publication & Patent Opportunities
The Young India Fellowship recognizes the importance of disseminating research findings and encourages fellows to publish their work in reputed journals and conferences. Fellows have access to mentorship and guidance from experts in their respective fields, who help them refine their research and navigate the publication process. In addition to publications, the YIF also provides support for patent applications, enabling fellows to protect and commercialize their innovative ideas and inventions.
Networking & Conferences
The YIF offers ample opportunities for networking and attending conferences, both within India and internationally. Fellows have the chance to interact with renowned scholars, industry leaders, and policymakers, creating valuable connections that can shape their future careers. These networking events and conferences provide a platform for fellows to showcase their research, exchange ideas, and gain insights from experts in their fields.
Young India Fellowship Selection Procedure
The students will be selected based on the application form submitted to them. Students will be called for the telephonic round of interviews and then based on their telephonic conversation performance, the students will be shortlisted. Then, they will again call for the personality interview test. At the final stage, emails will be sent to the students to provide announcements of the results.
Key Advantages of YIF Fellowship
The key advantages of this fellowship are as follows:-
- World-class infrastructure and facilities
- Multiple Centres of Excellence
- Comprehensive student support systems
- Fulfilling cultural and co-curricular engagement
YIF Fellowship Fellows
The notable fellows of this fellowship are as follows:-
|BA Honours (Political Science)
|BA Honours ad MA (English Literature)
|Nawaf Faraaz Ahmed
|BA (Political Science)
|B.A.(Honours) Applied Psychology
|Ritoo Kartari Antil
|BA Honours and MA (Philosophy)
|B.Com Computer Applications
|Anil Kumar Bahariya
|BA Honours (Economics)
|BA (English Literature)MA (English and American Literature)
|BA Honours (Economics)
YIF Fellowship Positive Feedbacks
Some positive feedback received by the fellows of this fellowship are as follows:-
|“YIF made me realize the power of networks and how they can enable one to to build institutions and materialize projects. I felt immensely supported when 128 members of the community, including faculty and founders, came together to contribute to the fundraiser for my documentary project, ‘Borderlands’. Courtesy of the fellowship, I can receive mentorship and advice from some of the most driven and experienced people across domains.”
|“YIF gave me the freedom to explore a diverse set of subjects and benefit from varied viewpoints presented by my peers and professors. The Critical Writing course ended up being one of my most formative academic experiences. It was while working on my final paper for this course that I discovered where my research interests lay. I’ve since explored these interests in my MLS thesis and am hoping to carry them with me in my PhD.”
|The best thing I found about the YIF was the diversity of peers, their stories and perspectives, and the openness with which everybody discussed ideas. We had agreements, and disagreements, and we agreed to disagree. The YIF gave me a completely fresh perspective. I have also gained a lot from the YIF after graduating, through collaborations on multiple projects with other alumni.
|“The ELM initiated a transition for me: from being an engineer to being a passionate advocate for the environment. It helped me give structure to my interests, and I learned what it takes to design a project from scratch. The support of my peers and professors, coupled with the learnings from courses, are key reasons for why I could ground myself in the environment sector.”
Benefits Of Young India Fellowship 2024
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Young India Fellowship will provide financial assistance to the students for carrying out research and diploma-based studies.
- Students will be offered residential facilities for carrying out PG degrees.
- Students will be able to develop their critical thinking in the field or courses of liberal studies.
- Students will be able to get admission to any college out of 9 empanelled colleges.
- The applicants will be able to receive the fellowships for 1 year.
- This program will work on 2 components.
- Students who have qualified for both the telephonic and interview tests will be able to get the fellowship amounts.
- There are around 9 universities that have been empanelled for providing admissions.
- The students will need to apply online under the YIF before the last date of online form submission.
- Students can also fetch more information provided on the portal.
Features Of Young India Fellowship 2024
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Ashoka University has launched the Young India Fellowship.
- This fellowship scheme is based on the flagship program of the Government of India.
- This fellowship will be provided to students carrying out PG diplomas in liberal studies.
- The fellowship duration will be 1 year.
- There are around 2 modules of this fellowship programme.
- The full amount of this scholarship will be Rs. 9 lakhs.
- This will be given in the form of tuition fee waiving.
- There are around 9 universities that have been empanelled as a partner university.
- The last date to apply online for the YIF will be updated soon.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Young India Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this fellowship: –
- The student must be holding permanent citizenship in India.
- The student must be pursuing or undertaking UG and PG degrees.
- The age of the student must be equal to 28 years.
- The student must possess excellent verbal as well as written communication skills.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this fellowship are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- DOB Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Educational Certificates
- Admission Fee Receipt
- Bank Account Passbook Photocopy
- Annual Income Certificate
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Working Mobile Number
- Active Email Id
Process To Apply Online Under Young India Fellowship 2024
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned-below points to get online registration under this fellowship:-
- Visit the Official Website first.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Now click on the Apply.
- A new page will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on the option New Registration.
- A new page will be displayed.
- Select the program which you want to pursue.
- Then click on the Continue Button.
- The login page will be displayed where you will need to create your login profile with the help of the asked columns:-
- Email ID
- Confirm Password
- Then, click on the Next Button and after that complete the shown pages with the asked columns.
- In this way, you will be able to get registration to the portal.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned-below points to get contact details on the portal:-
- First of all, visit the official website.
- Now you will land on the homepage where you will need to scroll through the page until you will reach the homepage.
- Then click on the link to Contact Us under the section Helpful Links.
- After that, the contact details will be displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the contact details mentioned on your screen.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Young India Fellowship, then you may contact this mentioned-below office address, telephone number and email ID:-
- Office Address
- Plot No. 2,
- Rajiv Gandhi Education City,
- National Capital Region P.O. Rai,
- Haryana- 131029
- Telephone Number:- +911302300000
- Email Id:– email@example.com