India Science Research Fellowship 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | India Science Research Fellowship Check Fellowship Amount & Last Date | ISRF Registration & Login Portal | Check Eligible Countries & All Details |
The Department of Science and Technology has launched the India Science Research Fellowship so that the students pursuing research-based studies will be able to get the fellowship amounts after applying online under this fellowship program. This fellowship amount will only be provided to those students who have undertaken research projects in the field of science.
Through this article, you will get all the information regarding the India Science Research Fellowship such as objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features and important documents, etc. Besides that, we will bring up to date with the step-by-step application procedure for applying online under this fellowship.
India Science Research Fellowship
For promoting areas of research in the science and technology fields including engineering and medical science, ISRF has been launched to provide fellowship amounts to the fellows so that they will be inspired or motivated the same for pursue or undertake research. The Fellowship amount will be provided to the fellow for the duration of 3 to 6 months.
The Ministry of Science and Technology has launched the India Science Research Fellowship covering students or applicants from the areas of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand pursuing research-based projects in the science field. A Fellowship amount of Rs. 50,000/- will be provided to the students on a monthly basis.
Highlights Of India Science Research Fellowship
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Fellowship||India Science Research Fellowship|
|Launched By||Department of Science and Technology|
|Delegated Ministries||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology |
Ministry of Science and Technology
|Allocated Portal||Department of Science & Technology Portal|
|Objective||To provide fellowships to students pursuing research in the science field|
|Benefit||Students will be able to carry out their studies|
|Applicable To||Citizens of Eligible Countries|
|Student Category||Students pursuing research in the science field|
|Age Limit||45 Years|
|Fellowship Duration||3 to 6 months|
|Eligible Countries||Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka & Thailand|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||PFMS System|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship Amount|
|Fellowship Renewal||Good Academic Record|
|Fellowship Transferral||Monthly Basis|
|Fellowship Amount||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Tenure||1 Year (12 Months)|
|Application Enrollment Deadline||Will be updated soon|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Office Address||Department of Science & Technology,|
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi-110 016
Objectives Of India Science Research Fellowship
The primary objective of launching the Indian Science Research Fellowship is to attract researchers or fellows residing in countries such as Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand so that they will be able to undertake post-doctoral study in the Science and Technology field. This fellowship amount will cover the major allowances.
Another objective of launching the India Science Research Fellowship is to provide a fellowship amount of Rs. 50,000/- to the students or fellows pursuing or undertaking research projects in science fields such as medicine and agriculture. Students will be able to apply their theoretical approach in a practical manner. This fellowship amount will also cover other expenses.
India Science Research Fellowship Last Date
As this fellowship has been recently launched, no such announcements have been released by the delegated authorities or fellowship committee regarding the last date or application enrollment date or deadline that can be undertaken by the students at the time of applying online for this fellowship. The fellows will need to keep more wait.
List of Eligible Countries
The following countries will be considered eligible for applying:-
List of Covered Grants
The grants covered under this fellowship amount are as follows:-
|Maintenance Allowance||Tuition Fees|
|Contingency Allowance||Books Allowances|
|Research Grant||Air Ticket fare|
Grant Wise Fellowship Amount
The fellowship amounts provided in each grant are as follows:-
|Grant Covered||Fellowship Amount|
|Fellowship Amount||Rs. 50,000/- Per Month|
|Contingency Grant (Fellow Scientist)||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Contingency Grant (Host Scientist)||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Round Trip Air Ticket||Fully Funded|
India Science Research Fellowship Duration
The fellowship amount which will be provided to the applicant or fellow has already been fixed by the selection body. This fellowship will be provided to each fellow on a monthly basis for a duration of 3 to 6 months. The fellowship amount which will be offered to the student will cover the major allowances spent by the fellows while carrying out research.
The beneficiary who is going to apply for this scholarship will need to make sure that the age limit possessed by them is as per the age limit or group that has been specified by the selection body which means the applicant must be falling under the age group of 45 years.
Role of Science & Technology Department
The Department of Science & Technology is playing a very vital role in the science and technology field. It works for the promotion of science and technology in the country in terms of scientific research. This department is delegated with the task of carrying out the promotion of high-end basic research and cutting-edge technologies while providing technological advancements.
Facilitation of e-PMS Portal
The D&ST has formulated an e-PMS Portal for providing hands-on services to the Scientists and researchers of the country so that they will be able to track the status of the project proposals that have been submitted to the portal. In order to secure the security of the user’s identity, the IP Address of the applicant or user will always be recorded on the database whenever anyone log in.
Selection Procedure Stages
The stages of the selection procedure are as follows:-
- Pre Screening of Applications
- Notification of Selection Results
- Placement process
The fellows will need to follow the below-mentioned undertakings:-
- The fellows must stay in India throughout the fellowship and focus mainly on their research at the host institution.
- The fellow cannot take up any other paid or unpaid work during the fellowship.
- If the fellow needs to leave India due to unforeseen circumstances, they must get permission from the Indian Host Institute, INSA/DST, and their parent institution. However, they won’t receive the fellowship amount for the remaining period.
- The fellow must abide by the rules of the host institution and DST. This includes avoiding research misconduct (like making up or altering research results) and not misusing research funds.
- The fellow must not violate human rights, including avoiding discrimination based on race or gender and refraining from any social abuse.
- After completing the fellowship, the fellow must submit a detailed research report endorsed by the host researcher to DST and INSA.
- The selected fellow needs to have their own medical insurance for the entire duration of their stay in India.
Benefits Of India Science Research Fellowship
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Students will be able to carry out their research projects after getting the financial help and support offered under the India Science Research Fellowship.
- A Fellowship amount will be provided to the students carrying out research-based studies in the science field.
- Students from around 8 countries will be able to apply online under this fellowship for financial help and support.
- With the use of the e-PMS portal, students can fetch various information regarding the research projects submitted on the portal.
- Fellowship amounts will be provided to the students on a monthly basis so that the students will be able to spend some of his or her personal expenses while carrying out their studies.
- Host Scientists will be offered a contingency research grant of Rs. 20,000/-.
- An amount of Rs. 10,000/- will be provided to Fellow Scientists in the form of Contingency Grants.
- The fellows will need to apply online under the India Science Research Fellowship before the last date.
- Students will be able to become professionals.
- This fellowship amount will also cover the round-trip air ticket travelled or used.
Features Of India Science Research Fellowship
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The Department of Science and Technology has launched the India Science Research Fellowship.
- This fellowship is also known as ISRF.
- The Fellowship amount will be provided to the fellow for the duration of 3 to 6 months.
- A Fellowship amount of Rs. 50,000/- will be provided to the students on a monthly basis.
- One-time Research Grants will be offered to both Host Scientists and Fellow Scientists.
- The D&ST has formulated an e-PMS Portal for providing hands-on services to the Scientists and researchers of the country so that they will be able to track the status of the project proposals that have been submitted to the portal.
- Students or fellows residing in the countries of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
- This fellowship amount will also cover other expenses.
- For registration on time, the fellows will need to apply online under the India Science Research Fellowship before the last date.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
India Science Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
To apply online under this fellowship, the applicant must possess the following criteria mentioned below:-
- The student must be undertaking a research project in the science field.
- The fellow must belong to the countries which have been considered eligible which are as follows:-
- Sri Lanka
- The applicant must be falling under the age group of 45 years.
Some of the important documents required to apply for this fellowship as per given below:-
- Statement of proposed research work
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)
- Copy of degree certificate for the highest qualification
- Valid passport
- Latest updated CV
- Letter of Acceptance
- Latest Passport Size Photographs
- Reprints of two recent publications in refereed journals
Process To Apply Online Under India Science Research Fellowship
As this fellowship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the India Science Research Fellowship is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for submitting feedback on the portal:-
- First of all, open the official website.
- Scroll down the page until you reach the bottom side of your screen.
- Click on the link to Feedback.
- Now fill out the feedback form by entering the asked details in the required columns:-
- Feedback Topic
- Email Address
- Captcha Code
- Now click on the Submit button.
- Your feedback will be submitted to the portal.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for get contact details:-
- Visit the official website first of all.
- Now you will be able to see the homepage on your screen.
- On the homepage, click on the link to Contact Us by scrolling down the page until you will reach the bottom side of your screen.
- Contact details will be displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the contact details.
In case queries and questions come to your mind regarding the India Science Research Fellowship, then you may contact the mentioned office address, telephone no & email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Department of Science & Technology,
- Technology Bhavan,
- New Mehrauli Road,
- New Delhi-110 016
- Telephone No:- +91-1126590215
- Email ID:- email@example.com