International Major Entrance Scholarship 2023 Apply Online & Application Form | Benefits & Eligibility | International Major Entrance Scholarship Check Amount & Last Date | International Major Entrance Scholarship Portal Login & Registration | International Major Entrance Scholarship Check Online Status & All Details |
The UBC has launched the IMES so that the students studying at the University of British Columbia will be able to get scholarships for getting admission to the first year of the UG degree. This scholarship will also be applicable to students who are already getting an education or studies from UBC. This scholarship will provide honors and incentives to meritorious students.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the International Major Entrance Scholarship 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship, read this article till the end.
International Major Entrance Scholarship 2023
University of British Columbia (UBC) has launched the IMES so that international students will be able to get the scholarship amounts for pursuing undergraduate from UBC. The selection of an eligible beneficiary will be based on his or her academic or achievement excellence. The student will need to apply before the last dates.
All those students who have secured good academic records and academic achievements can apply online under the International Major Entrance Scholarship for getting the scholarship amounts. Students can apply for the scholarship renewal after the completion of the scholarship duration. This scholarship can be renewed by the student for the next 3 years.
Highlights Of IMES Scheme
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows: –
|Name Of The Scholarship||International Major Entrance Scholarship|
|Launched By||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Allocated portal||The University Of British Columbia Portal|
|Objective||To provide scholarship assistance to foreign students suffering from financial difficulties|
|Benefit||International students will be able to pursue their further studies|
|Applicable To||Citizens of Canada|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism (PFMS System)|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Conduction University Body||University Of British Columbia|
|Amount of benefit||Variable Assistance|
|Covered Courses||Medical Education|
Pharmacy Professional Development
Master of Business Administration
Master of Community and Regional Planning
Master of Engineering Leadership
Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management
Master of Health Leadership and Policy
Master of International Forestry
Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs
Master of Sustainable Forest Management
Master of Urban Forestry Leadership
Master of Urban Design
Diploma in Accounting
Real Estate Division
Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management
|No. of courses||16|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Last date to apply||16th January 2022|
|Selection Parameters||Academic Excellence|
Extracurricular Activity Enrollment
Financial Need of the student
|No. of Selection Parameters||3|
|Office Address||The University of British Columbia|
170-6371 Crescent Road
Canada V6T 1Z2
|Telephone number||604 822 2848|
Objectives Of International Major Entrance Scholarship
The main objective of launching the IMES Scheme is to provide a portal by which the foreign students studying at UBC will be able to complete their ongoing degree or study with the help of financial assistance which has been provided by UBC in the form of scholarships to them. Students who have joined their 1st year of Bachelor’s degree will be able to get scholarships till the completion of his/her degree.
Another objective of launching the International Major Entrance Scholarship is to assist students with meritorious and good academic records to apply or get admission for further studies at the University Of British Columbia. The scholarship totals up to $85,000 payable at up to $25,000 for your first year, and up to $20,000 per year for years 2 to 4.
Rate of Scholarship
The rate of scholarship which will be given or provided to the student has already been defined by UBC. At the beginning of admission to UBC, the students will be given a scholarship amount of $25,000. If the college program or the course of study undertaken by the student is for the duration of 2 to 4 years, then an amount of $20,000 will be granted to the student.
The students will be selected on the basis of mentioned below parameters:-
- Academic Excellence
- Extracurricular Activity Enrollment
- Financial Need of the student
Students who have got the mentioned following awards will be considered ineligible:-
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
Provision Of Academic Excellence
This scholarship works on providing academic excellence to the students studying at UBC (University of British Columbia) by offering more than 60,000 UG and Graduate students so that they will be able to select their choice of program for selecting their course subjects which will provide them with a direction for the building of a career.
List Of Covered Courses
The list of covered courses are as follows:-
- Medical Education
- Pharmacy Professional Development
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Community and Regional Planning
- Master of Engineering Leadership
- Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management
- Master of Health Leadership and Policy
- Master of International Forestry
- Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs
- Master of Sustainable Forest Management
- Master of Urban Forestry Leadership
- Master of Urban Design
- Executive Education
- Diploma in Accounting
- Real Estate Division
- Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management
Last Date To Apply Online
The students or applicants will need to apply online for this scholarship before the last date in order to get rid of the server hanging issues. One can apply online for this scholarship before 16th January 2022. Those students who have applied before this date will get faster online registration.
The students will be selected on the basis of the selection procedure. The students will need to first to get an admission offer or letter from the UBC (University of British Columbia). Then they will need to submit their essential and important documents to the college authority. At the time of the admission process, the student’s application will get evaluated on the basis of SOP, ELP scores and academic scores.
Benefits Of IMES
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Students who got admission offers from UBC will be able to get the scholarship amounts offered under the International Major Entrance Scholarship.
- Financial assistance of $25,000/- will be given to the students at the time of enrollment to bachelor’s degrees.
- Students will be given the scholarship amounts on the basis of their academic excellence and financial capacity.
- Students who have been considered eligible will be able to get the scholarship amounts.
- Scholarships will be provided to the students till the completion of their UG degree which implies that the student will be able to get this scholarship amount for 3 years.
- This University is offering around 60,000 UG and PG students who have been able to explore and invest their interest in the common career aspect.
- The academic performance of the meritorious students will provide them with a golden chance to bring their names to the beneficiary list.
- There are around 16 courses that will be offered to the students for joining their college degrees.
- Students ensuring the selection parameters will be given the scholarship amounts.
- One can apply online under the IMES before 16th January 2022.
Features Of International Major Entrance Scholarship.
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- UBC has launched the International Major Entrance Scholarship.
- This scholarship has only been launched for providing educational opportunities to students studying at the University of British Columbia.
- Students will be able to get scholarships only after receiving an admission offer or letter from UBC.
- A scholarship amount of $85,000/- will be given to the students at the beginning of their college degrees.
- Students who have secured good or academic records will be given scholarships.
- There is a need to get or receive an admission offer or letter from UBC.
- Depending on available resources, the number and value of these scholarships provided each year varies
- The amount of scholarship will be provided to the student till the completion of his/her UG or PG degree.
- The scholarship amount will be transferred to the beneficiary’s bank accounts between Mid-March and the end of April.
- The last date to apply online under the International Major Entrance Scholarship is 16th January 2022.
- For getting more information, visit the official website.
The applicants will need to possess the mentioned-below eligibility criteria for getting registration under this scholarship:-
- The applicant must be a permanent citizen of Canada.
- The student must be pursuing UG or PG degree from UBC.
- Students must have got a permit to study in Canada at the University Of British Columbia.
- Students will be evaluated based on their merit or academic performance.
Some of the important documents required to apply online under the IMES are as follows:-
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Educational Certificates
- Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume attested copy
Process To Apply Online Under International Major Entrance Scholarship
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the International Major Entrance Scholarship will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned-below points for getting contact details on the portal:-
- Visit the official website first.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, scroll throughout the page until you will reach the bottom side of your screen.
- Now click on the link to Contact UBC.
- The relevant contact details will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the details.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the International Major Entrance Scholarship, then you may contact this mentioned below office address and telephone number:-
- Office Address
- The University of British Columbia
- 170-6371 Crescent Road
- Vancouver, BC
- Canada V6T 1Z2
- Telephone Number:- 604 822 2848