British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India Apply Online & Application Form | British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India Benefits, Check Amount & Last Date | British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India Check Online Status & All Details |
To provide scholarships to teachers for pursuing their Post Graduation Degrees in the English language, the British Council has launched the Scholarships For English Teachers In India. Financial assistance will be provided to them for pursuing their MA in the English language as a profession in the United Kingdom.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India 2023
All those Indian students who want to get financial help and support for undertaking PG or MA degree in the English language can apply online under the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India for getting a scholarship amount of $10,000/-. Students will be inspired for carrying out a PG degree in different courses such as courses in the field of Business, Finance, Humanities, physiology, entrepreneurship, design, marketing, HR and Music.
The British Council has launched Scholarships for English Teachers in India so that the teachers will be able to continue their professional development to reach their fullest potential. Fully funded scholarships will be offered to English teachers for pursuing an MA degree in the English language. Students will be offered 2 universities in the UK to attend classes.
Highlights Of Scholarships for English Teachers in India
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows: –
|Name Of The Scholarship||British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India|
|Launched By||British Council|
|Allocated portal||Stir Portal|
|Delegated University||University of Stirling/University of Leeds|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to teachers for pursuing MA in the language|
|Benefit||Teachers will be able to study their MA course in the English language after getting an education in the UK|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Eligible Degree||MA or PG Degree|
|Offered Courses||Business, Finance, Humanities|
Physiology, Entrepreneurship, Design, Marketing, HR & Music
|No. of Offered Courses||9|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Amount of benefit||EUR 10,000/-|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Last Date To Apply Online||17th June 2022|
|Youtube Channel||University of Stirling|
|Office Address||University of Stirling |
|Telephone number||+44 (0) 1786 473171|
|Email id||[email protected]|
Objectives Of British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India
The primary objective of launching the Scholarships for English Teachers in India is to provide a portal by which the teachers of government sectors or others will be able to pursue their MA degree in the English language after getting scholarships from the UK Government. Selected teachers will need to attend the MA course lecture from September 2022 to August 2023.
Another objective of launching the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India is to develop the potential of the teachers for continuing their teaching profession by receiving a teaching degree from a UK university. Fully funded scholarships will be provided to them for studying. Online Platforms will be offered to them for studying which will consist of 2 weeks with the University of Stirling.
The timelines of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Face to Face MA Programme||1st May 2022|
|Online MSc Programme||17th June 2022|
The applicant must possess or attain the beneficiary category for which the scholarship is launched or the delegated university is going to provide scholarships to the applicants. The student or applicant must hold citizenship of India which means this scholarship will be applicable to Indian students going to pursue a Master’s degree from the University of Leeds or Stirling.
Offered University For Study
The students will need to attend the mentioned below universities for study:-
- University of Leeds
- University of Stirling
University Wise Offered Programmes
The programmes offered in each university are as follows:-
|University of Leeds||MA TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)|
|University of Stirling||MSc TESOL and Computer Assisted Language Learning|
Pursuing MA Degree Is Must
The educational qualification of the teacher will play a vital role in her/him avail of the benefits of scholarships provided. Enrolling or getting admission to the MA programme is a must for getting a scholarship for study in the United Kingdom. Scholarships will not be provided to them until they have not received admission to the MA program.
Phases Of MA Course
There are 2 phases of the MA course which are as follows:-
- Face to Face Course:- This course will provide an opportunity for the teachers for receiving the MA Course lectures after residing in the UK country for the time period from September 2022 to August 2023.
- Online Course:- Those teachers who can’t study after getting residing in the UK country, can conduct and join this online course which will consist of 2 weeks (14 days) through the online platform. The University of Stirling will be delegated with the work of providing online classes.
Rate Of Scholarship
This scholarship will be provided for the duration of 1 year from 2022 to 2023 as per the time fixed by the governmental authorities of the UK University for conducting online courses programs. An amount of £10,000 will be provided to the teacher for studying in the UK in the form of a scholarship which will cover tuition fees and maintenance allowance for pursuing a PG degree.
List Of Available Facilities
The list of available facilities are as follows:-
- Tuition Fees
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Flights to the UK
- Accommodation during their stay
Associations Of Campaigns & Institutions
For funding scholarship amounts to the teachers, the UK government has involved the active participation of both the GREAT Britain Campaign with the UK Higher Education Institutions. Both will work in an active association for providing scholarships to the teachers so that they will be able to impart their PG course education. Scholarships will be jointly funded by these 2 bodies.
The lists of offered courses are as follows:-
Participating UK Universities
The lists of participating UK universities are as follows:-
|Robert Gordon University||University of Essex||Royal Northern College of Music||University of Hull|
|Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance||University of Plymouth||Edge Hill University||Nottingham Trent University|
|University of Bath||Guildhall School of Music & Drama||Arts University Bournemouth||Imperial College London|
|University of Southampton||University of Edinburgh||University of York||Keele University|
|University College London||Sheffield Hallam University||University of Bristol||St George’s University of London|
|University of Birmingham||University of Nottingham||University of Strathclyde||University of Kent|
Mandatory English Tests To Pass
The following English tests will be mandatory to pass out:-
Benefits Of British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Lakhs of teachers will be able to grow their potential to a higher level.
- An opportunity will be provided to the teacher for pursuing an MA course from a UK Universities under the Scholarships for English Teachers in India.
- Scholarships will be offered to the teacher for the duration of 1 year.
- Students can join the MA programme for the time period from September 2022 to August 2023.
- There are around 9 courses that will be considered eligible for the student to undertake.
- There are around 24 universities located in the UK country in which the student can get admission for themselves.
- Students who have secured marks in the English proficiency tests will be given the scholarship amounts first.
- Financial assistance of EUR 10,000/- will be given to each eligible beneficiary.
- This scholarship amount will cover the major allowances.
- The students can apply online under the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India before the last date of online form submission.
Features Of Scholarships for English Teachers in India
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The University of Stirling has launched the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India.
- Scholarships will be provided to the teacher for pursuing MA in the English language from a UK university.
- This will emphasize providing educational opportunities to the teachers for pursuing their MA degrees from the UK country for the development of their professional careers.
- A scholarship amount of £10,000 will be offered to the teacher for studying which includes tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
- MA course lectures will be organized and conducted for 1 year.
- Face to Face course will consist of 1 year from September 2022 to August 2023.
- Online courses will be offered to the teachers for studying with the help of technological aspects for 2 weeks (14 Days).
- There are around 24 UK universities participating in this scholarship program.
- The students will need to apply online under the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India before the last dates.
- The University of Leeds will conduct the Face to Face courses for MA degrees.
The applicants will need to possess the mentioned-below eligibility criteria for getting registration under this scholarship:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- This scholarship will only be applicable to teachers.
- The applicant must be a passport holder.
- The teacher must be working in the government school sector.
- The teacher must not ever have gotten a UG level of education from a UK university.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Educational Certificates
- Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume attested copy
Process To Apply Online Under British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting online registration under this scholarship:-
- For applying, you will have to make sure that you have received an offer to study the MSc TESOl (Online).
- Then visit the Official Website first.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, look under the section of How To Apply?
- Read the instructions.
- Now click on the link to the Application Form.
- Application Form will be downloaded on your device in the .docx form.
- Open this form, then fill.
- Then send this form to the designated Email ID.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the British Council Scholarships for English Teachers in India, then you may contact this mentioned below office address, telephone number and email Id:-
- Office Address:-
- University of Stirling
- FK9 4LA
- Scotland UK
- Telephone Number:- +44(0)1786473171
- Email Id:- [email protected]