Fulbright Scholarship India 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | Fulbright Scholarship India Check Scholarship Amount & Last Date | Fulbright Scholarship India Registration & Login Portal | Check Scholarship Duration & All Details |
U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright has launched the Fulbright Scholarship India covering major 9 kinds of different subsidiary scholarship initiatives so that the fellows who want to undertake PG and PhD degrees with the help of fellowship amounts may be able to get so. Students will need to secure minimum marks cut off and work experience.
Through this article you will get all the information regarding the Fulbright Scholarship India 2023 such as objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features and important documents, etc. beside with that, we will bring up to date with the step-by-step application procedure for applying online under this scholarship.
Fulbright Scholarship India 2023
The United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF) has launched the Fulbright Scholarship India so that students will be able to receive scholarship amounts that belong to different countries and also hold citizenship in India. Around 145 countries will be considered eligible for applying online. The students will not need to suffer from financial instability.
Now Indian students or fellows can carry out research work or degrees in the proposed field of work after getting the financial help and support provided under the Fulbright Scholarship India. This will cover the major expenses. Fellows will be able to carry out professional as well as development programs.
Highlights of Fulbright Scholarship India 2023
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||Fulbright Scholarship India|
|Known As||Fulbright Scholarship Scheme India|
|Launched By||United States-India Educational Foundation|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology Ministry of Education|
|Allocated Portal||USIEF Portal|
|Delegated Foundation||United States-India Educational Foundation|
|Objective||To provide fellowships to Indian students for undertaking studies at US universities|
|Benefit||Students will be able to carry out their further course of studies|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Covered Scholarships||Fulbright Nehru Fellowship|
Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship
Fulbright Nehru Academic & Professional Excellence Fellowships
Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Research Fellowship
Fulbright Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar
Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship
Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program
Fulbright Scholar in Residence Program
Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program
|No. of Covered Scholarships||9|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism or PFMS System|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship Amount|
|Fellowship Renewal||Good Academic Record|
|Scholarship Transferral||Monthly Basis or Yearly Basis|
|Scholarship Duration||Variable Timings|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Application Enrollment Deadline||Variable|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Office Address||United States-India Educational Foundation|
12 Hailey Road
New Delhi 110 001
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives of Fulbright Scholarship India 2023
The primary objective of launching the Fulbright Scholarship India is to provide financial stability to Indian students so that they will be able to carry out their studies in the USA institution without leaving their dreams unfulfilled. At the time of getting admission, the students will not have to look at their financial status.
Another objective of launching the Fulbright Scholarship India is to provide variable subsidiary scholarship options or choices to the students so that the students will be able to secure their scholarship amounts as per their choice of interest. A selection procedure will be carried out for the disbursement of scholarship amounts among the students.
List of Covered Scholarships
The lists of covered scholarships are as follows:-
|Fulbright Nehru Fellowship||Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship||Fulbright Nehru Academic & Professional Excellence Fellowships|
|Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Research Fellowship||Fulbright Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar||Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship|
|Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program||Fulbright Scholar in Residence Program||Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program|
Subsidiary Scholarship Initiatives
The details of each scholarship are as follows:-
|Scholarship||Form of Benefit||Beneficiaries||Amount of Benefit|
|Fulbright Nehru Fellowship||Indian students will be given scholarship amounts for pursuing master’s degrees||PG Degree Holders||Variable Amount|
|Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship||Students will be given scholarship amounts for undertaking PhD degree of studies||PhD Degree Holders||Fully-Funded|
|Fulbright Nehru Academic & Professional Excellence Fellowships||Fellowships will be provided to the students for carrying out research in the USA country||Indian Faculty, Researchers and Professionals||Fully-Funded|
|Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Research Fellowship||Fellowships will be provided to the students for 24 months for carrying out research studies||Meritorious Faculties and Researchers||Fully-Funded|
|Fulbright Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar||Administrators and researchers will be given the scholarship amounts||International Program Development Degree Holders||Visa Support Round Trip Economy Class Air Travel Lodging Expense|
|Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship||PhD degree students will be given the fellowship amounts||Indian PhD degree Students||Fully Funded|
|Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program||English teachers will be given scholarship amounts for studying||English Teachers||Visa Support Round Trip Economy Class Air Travel Lodging Expense|
|Fulbright Scholar in Residence Program||Foreign students will be given scholarship amounts for carrying out their studies||Scholars and Professionals||Will be updated soon|
|Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program||International Participants will be given the scholarship amounts||Teachers carrying out Professional Development Programs||Fully-Funded|
Application Enrollment Last Dates
The application enrollment last dates are as follows:-
|Scholarship||Last Date To Apply Online|
|Fulbright Nehru Fellowship||16th May 2022|
|Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship||15th July 2022|
|Fulbright Nehru Academic & Professional Excellence Fellowships||15th July 2022|
|Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Research Fellowship||15th September 2022|
|Fulbright Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar||Will be updated soon|
|Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship||15th September 2022|
|Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program||5th August 2022|
|Fulbright Scholar in Residence Program||Will be updated soon|
|Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program||10th March 2022|
Available Field of Studies
The lists of the available fields of study are as follows:-
|Chemistry||Computer Science Economics||Education Policy and Planning|
|Energy Studies||Geography (including GIS and Geology)||History|
|Language and Literature||Materials Science||Neurosciences|
|Performing Arts||Physics||Political Science|
|Public Health||Public Policy||Sociology|
|Urban and Regional Planning||Visual Arts||Women’s and Gender Studies|
The lists of covered allowances are as follows:-
- Monthly Stipend
- Visa Support
- Accident & Sickness Program
- Round Trip Economy Class Air Travel
- Professional Allowance
- Nine-month grant
- Dependent Allowance
- International Travel
The fellows will be selected on the basis of mentioned below parameters:-
- Academic credentials
- Professional Ability
- Merit of the proposed Fulbright project
- Communication skills
- Commitment to the community or national service
- Need to conduct research in the U.S.
- Outcomes, Potential Impact and Benefits
- Seriousness of Purpose
- Cultural Adaptability
- Ability to contribute as a cultural ambassador beyond his/her specific field of study
Some general instructions that need to be followed by the fellows are as follows:-
- Fellows will get affiliated with the USA Host Institution for undertaking research.
- Disqualification of the fellow may be possible in case plagiarism is founded or suspected in the project ideas or work report of the fellow.
- Submissions after the last date will not be accepted.
- Fellows undertaking visa sponsorship will not be permitted for applying.
Benefits of Fulbright Scholarship India 2023
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Students will be able to get the scholarship amounts as per their choice of interest after applying online under the Fulbright Scholarship India.
- The students will be able to get stand up on their own feet.
- There will be variable scholarship amounts or assistance provided to the students based on the scholarship for which they have applied.
- Around 9 scholarships will be offered to the students.
- Students who have passed the selection parameters will be able to get selected. The fellowship amount provided to the fellows will cover visa support, a research grant and a monthly stipend.
- English language teachers will also be given the scholarship amounts according to the scholarship plan for which he or she have applied.
- The scholarship duration will be varying according to the scholarship plan for which the student has applied.
- One can apply online under the Fulbright Scholarship India before the last date for getting registration on a time.
- Scholars and professionals will also be given scholarship preferences.
Features of Fulbright Scholarship India 2023
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The United States – India Educational Foundation (USIEF) has launched the Fulbright Scholarship India.
- There are around 9 types of scholarships that have been offered under this scholarship in the form of subsidiary scholarship initiatives.
- Students will be offered various fields of courses such as Agriculture, Governmental Science, Arts and Social Health.
- There are various courses of study or fields which will be offered to the students.
- Administrators and researchers will be given the scholarship amounts under the Fulbright Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar.
- The scholarship amount provided to the student will vary from one type of scholarship to another one.
- The selection procedure will be delegated for the selection of eligible beneficiaries.
- Submissions after the last date will not be accepted.
- The students will need to apply online under the Fulbright Scholarship India before the last date of online form submission.
- For getting timely registration, the students will need to go through the official notification uploaded on the official website.
For applying online under this scholarship, the applicant must possess the following criteria mentioned below:-
|Fulbright Nehru Fellowship||The student must have passed a UG degree from the USA empanelled university with 55% marks while securing 3 years of working experience in the proposed field of study.|
|Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship||The student must have done Ph.D. degree from the US empanelled university or in the Indian University while holding Indian citizenship.|
|Fulbright Nehru Academic & Professional Excellence Fellowships||The student must have done or passed a Ph.D. Degree with at least 5 years of working experience.|
|Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Research Fellowship||Meritorious Faculties and Researchers will be considered eligible for applying online and applicants who have passed the PhD or MD degree within the past 4 years.|
|Fulbright Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar||The applicant must be an International Program Development Degree Holder having 2 years of working experience in the proposed field of study and should attain a high level of academic/professional achievement.|
|Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship||The student must be a PhD degree holder.|
|Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program||The student must be an Indian citizen having English proficiency and must have secured 79 to 80 scores in the TOEFL and and must have passed the PG degree in fields such as English language, English/American Literature, American Studies, Linguistics, Comparative Literature, and related areas.|
|Fulbright Scholar in Residence Program||This scholarship will only be provided or applicable to USA Institutions.|
|Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program||The applicant must be a full-time school teacher giving lectures to the classes from 6th to 12th and have done 4 years of full-time teaching.|
Some of the important documents required to apply online under this fellowship are as follows:-
- Residential Certificate
- Research Proposal
- Academic Transcript
- Passport Copy
- English Language Proficiency Test Score (GRE and TOEFL)
- Summary Report consisting of 5000 words
- Progress Report
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Admission’s Proof
- Bank Account Details
- Photo Id Proof
- Working Email ID
- Active Mobile Number
Process To Apply Online Under Fulbright Scholarship India
The applicant will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting online registration under this fellowship:-
- Visit the Official Website first.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, click on the link to Fulbright Fellowships.
- A new page will get displayed on your screen.
- Click on the drop-down to Fellowships For Indian Citizens.
- A new page will get appeared on your screen.
- Now click on the link to Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships.
- A new page will get displayed.
- On the left side of your screen, various scholarship links will get displayed.
- Click on any one as per your choice of requirement or interest.
- A new page will get appeared displaying relevant details.
- Scroll down the page until you will reach the section to How To Apply.
- Click on the link to https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023.
- You will get redirected to a new page.
- Look under the section to First-Time Users.
- Click on the link to Create An Account.
- The registration Form will get displayed on your screen.
- Fill the form as per the asked columns such as:-
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Birth Date
- Then click on the Continue button.
- Then a new page will get displayed and filled as per the asked columns step by step.
- In this way, you will be able to get online registration.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting the contact details on the portal:-
- Visit the official website first.
- Now you will be able to see the homepage on your screen.
- Click on the tab to Contact Us.
- The contact details will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the contact details.
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Fulbright Scholarship India, then you may contact this mentioned below office address, telephone number, fax number and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- United States-India Educational Foundation
- 12 Hailey Road
- New Delhi 110 001
- Telephone Number:- +91-11-4209-0909/2332-8944
- Fax Number:- +91-11-2332-9718
- Email ID:- [email protected]