Singapore International Graduate Award Apply Online & Application Form | Singapore International Graduate Award Check Amount & Last Date | Singapore International Graduate Award Check Features & Benefits | Singapore International Graduate Award Check Offered Fields & Duration | Singapore International Graduate Award Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Singapore International Graduate Award is a scholarship for international students with excellent academic records. It allows outstanding students to pursue a fully-funded PhD in science and technology in Singapore. This program attracts the brightest minds from around the world to study and conduct research in top institutions. Recipients will receive guidance from top supervisors and peers.
Singapore Government has launched the Singapore International Graduate Award SINGA is a scholarship program offered by universities in Singapore. It invites students from different backgrounds to pursue their doctoral studies in science and engineering. This program helps Singapore become a talent hub and acts as a bridge between talented individuals worldwide and the universities in Singapore.
Singapore International Graduate Award
The Singapore International Graduate Award allows international students to continue their research at A*STAR Research Institutes in Singapore. They will study in a multicultural environment and gain real-life experience of how Singapore became economically and socially empowered. The four-year program offers insights into Singapore’s economic, educational, cultural, social, and political aspects and its role as a gateway to emerging economies in the Asia Pacific region.
In order to provide financial help and support to international students, the Singapore International Graduate Award has been launched so that the students after receiving an admission offer from Singapore University will be able to pursue a Ph.D. degree in the fields that have been offered to them. One can apply online before 1st December 2023. The students will be given various allowances.
Highlights Of Singapore International Graduate Award 2024
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship
|Singapore International Graduate Award
|Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|To provide scholarships to pursue studies in Singapore
|Students will be able to carry out research
|Students receiving admission offers
|Students pursuing PhD degree
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|Good Academic Record
|Amount of Benefit
|Monthly Stipend, One-time Airfare Grant, One-time Settlement Grant, & Settling-in Allowance
|Required Tests To Pass
|GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT I & II, & GATE
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date of Online Form Submission
|1st December 2023
|Mode of Application
|1 Fusionopolis Way,
Connexis North Tower
|(65) 6826 6111
Objectives Of Singapore International Graduate Award
The major objective of launching the Singapore International Graduate Award in Singapore, known as SINGA, is to connect talented individuals from all over the world and inspire collaborations. It offers PhD programs directly after completing a bachelor’s degree and allows those who have completed a master’s degree to continue their PhD, promoting international collaboration and academic excellence.
Another objective of launching the Singapore International Graduate Award is to provide international fellows with a comprehensive understanding of Singapore’s economic, educational, cultural, social, and political landscape. This knowledge will equip them with valuable insights and experiences that can be implemented as catalysts for positive change in their home countries.
International Student Requirement
To be eligible for the SINGA program, applicants must be international students. This means that only individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of Singapore can apply. This requirement ensures that the program is open to students from all around the world and promotes a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
Bachelor’s Degree Completion
In order to apply for SINGA, applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree. This ensures that candidates have a solid foundation of knowledge in their chosen field of study and are ready to pursue advanced research at the doctoral level. The completion of a bachelor’s degree also demonstrates the applicant’s commitment and dedication to their academic pursuits.
Excellent Academic Results
Prospective SINGA students must have excellent academic results to be considered for the program. This requirement ensures that only the most qualified and accomplished individuals are admitted. Strong academic performance is an indicator of the applicant’s ability to excel in a rigorous research environment and contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge.
Proficiency in English Language
Fluency in the English language is necessary for effective communication and collaboration within the SINGA program. While there is no specific certificate required for English language proficiency, applicants should have a high level of proficiency that can be assessed during the interview process. However, some individual universities may require an English Language Certificate to fulfil their own admission requirements.
Singaporean nationals and individuals who have completed their tertiary education in Singapore are not eligible to apply for SINGA. This ensures that the program remains accessible to international students and provides opportunities for individuals from outside of Singapore to pursue their doctoral studies in science and engineering.
The list of offered fields is as follows:-
- Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Science
Limitations to Master’s Program Applicants
SINGA is specifically designed for individuals who wish to pursue a Ph.D. in science and engineering. Therefore, master’s program applicants are not eligible for the program. This focus on doctoral studies allows SINGA to provide specialized training and support for students who are committed to advanced research and the production of new knowledge.
Singapore International Graduate Award Duration
It is only on the basis of the scholarship duration that the students or applicants will be able to get the scholarship amounts after getting selected as well as an online registration. The duration of this scholarship will be 4 years for which the students will be granted scholarships.
Singapore International Graduate Award Last Date
As the last date to apply online for this scholarship has been launched, now the students can apply online before the last date. The last date for online form submission will be 1st December 2023 by which the students can apply online. After getting online registration on time, the students will get rid of server-hanging issues.
Singapore International Graduate Award Allowances
The list of covered allowances is as follows:-
- Monthly Stipend
- One-time Airfare Grant
- One-time Settlement Grant
- Settling-in Allowance
Singapore International Graduate Awards
The scholarship awards that may be provided to the applicants are as follows:-
- Monthly stipend:- S$ 2,200 (increased to S$ 2,700 after qualifying for the first examination).
- One-time airfare grant:- Up to S$ 1,500.
- One-time settlement grant:- S$ 1,000.
- Settling-in allowance:- Up to S$ 1,000.
Some important information issued for students is as follows:-
- Candidates must submit their necessary documents online for the application process.
- Candidates can browse research projects by clicking on “Go to Research Areas” and select the projects they are interested in.
- Referees must send their reference letters directly to SINGA.
- The application process begins once at least two reference letters have been received by SINGA.
- Soft copies of the required documents must be uploaded to the online application.
- Candidates applying through the SINGA portal do not need to apply separately on university portals.
- It is recommended to submit the application at least two weeks before the deadline to allow referees enough time to complete and send the reference letters.
- Candidates must provide detailed research proposals in their application forms.
- Candidates can submit more than one, up to three, research proposals.
- There is no need to contact a supervisor before applying to SINGA.
- Candidates can apply in any field of interest for a PhD, and there is no requirement to follow the major studied in their bachelor’s degree.
Required Tests To Pass
The students will need to pass the below-mentioned tests:-
- SAT I & II
Estimated Cost of Living in Singapore
The estimated cost of living in this country is as follows:-
|Per Student Per Month (S$)
|250 – 350
|Meals outside Campus
|450 – 600
|Accommodation (based on a single room)
|On – Campus*
|400 – 700
|Transport Expenses (local)
|100 – 150
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)
|400 – 500
|Total Estimated Cost of Living
|1,400 – 2,000
Some important information issued for students is as follows:-
- Make sure the details you provide during account registration are correct. They’ll be used for verification when you log in for the first time.
- Apply for the right scholarship, which is the “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA),” in the application portal after logging in.
- Do not send any physical documents by mail to the SINGA Office.
- Submit your applications early. This allows enough time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline. Only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Before submitting the application, ensure that all the information entered in the online form is correct.
- Once submitted, you won’t be able to make changes to the application.
Benefits Of Singapore International Graduate Award 2024
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The scholarship provides full financial support for international students to pursue a PhD in science and technology in Singapore.
- This award includes tuition fees, monthly stipends, and other allowances.
- Recipients of the scholarship have the opportunity to study and conduct research in top universities and research institutions in Singapore.
- Students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
- Students will be guided by top supervisors who are experts in their respective fields.
- The applicants will receive mentorship and support throughout their PhD journey.
- Studying in Singapore offers a multicultural environment, where students can interact with peers from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Students will gain real-life experience of how Singapore became economically and socially empowered.
- The applicants will have an opportunity to understand Singapore’s economic, educational, cultural, social, and political aspects.
- Singapore serves as a gateway to emerging economies in the Asia Pacific region.
Features Of Singapore International Graduate Award 2024
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) has launched the Singapore International Graduate Award.
- This scholarship will be provided only to international students.
- Students who have passed the UG degree will be given scholarships to pursue a Ph.D. degree.
- The duration of this scholarship will be 4 years.
- Students wanting to pursue PhD degrees in the fields of social sciences, humanities, economics, etc. will not be given scholarships.
- The last date to apply online will be 1st December 2023.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Singapore International Graduate Award Eligibility Criteria 2024
The applicants will need to possess or attain the below-mentioned points to apply online for this scholarship:-
- The applicant must be an International student.
- He or she must have received an admission offer to pursue a Ph.D. degree in the eligible fields.
- The student must have passed the UG degree.
- The student must have attained English language proficiency.
Some of the important documents required to apply online for this scholarship are as follows:-
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photo
- Academic transcripts
- Recommendation letters
- English proficiency certificate
- Mobile No
- Email ID
Singapore International Graduate Award Apply Online 2024
As this scholarship has been recently launched no such information has been released with the help of various social networking sites regarding the application procedure to apply online for the Singapore International Graduate Award. Whenever the application procedure is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to get contact details:-
- The applicant will need first to visit the official website.
- The homepage will be displayed on your screen.
- Scroll down the page until you reach the bottom side of the screen.
- Now you will need to click on the Contact Us Link.
- The contact details will be displayed on the screen.
In case of any queries and questions regarding the Singapore International Graduate Award, the applicants can contact this office address & phone no to redress their doubts:-
- Office Address:-
- 1 Fusionopolis Way, #20-10
- Connexis North Tower
- Singapore 138632
- Phone No:- (65) 6826 6111