Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Check Amount & Last Date | Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Registration & Login Portal | Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Check Online Status & All Details |
Now the students pursuing or undertaking post-matric classes from class 11th to Ph.D. degree while holding the domicile of West Bengal can apply online under the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship for getting the scholarship amounts which will be proven helpful for them for getting paid for their schooling as well as college fees.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023
The State Government of WB has launched the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship for the students belonging to the EWS categories so that they will be able to get paid their fees with the help of the scholarship amount offered to them. The students must also ensure that they are studying in classes from the 11th to the Ph.D. level of studies.
Students belonging to the state of West Bengal can apply online under the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship for getting the scholarship amounts for pursuing post-matric classes such as class 11th, 12th, UG, PG and Ph.D. degrees. This scholarship will be provided to the students belonging to the EWS sections. Students will be given variable scholarship assistance.
Highlights Of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Scheme
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||Bikash Bhavan Scholarship|
|known as||Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Scheme|
|Launched By||State Government of WB|
|Delegated State||West Bengal|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Subsidiary Program||Swami Vivekanand Merit Cum Means Scholarship|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to the students belonging to the EWS categories|
|Benefit||Students will be provided with scholarship incentive|
|No. of Institutions Registered||12534|
|Applicable To||Citizens of West Bengal|
|Beneficiary Category||EWS (Economically Weaker Section)|
|Eligible Classes||Class 11th & Class 12th|
|No. of Eligible Classes||2|
|Eligible Degrees||UG, PG & PhD Degree|
|No. of Eligible Degrees||3|
|Annual Income Limit||Rs. 2,50,000/-|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Amount of benefit||Based on the course of studies|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||February 2024 (Tentative)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Email Id||[email protected]|
Objective Of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship 2023
The main objective of launching the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship is to award the students with the scholarship amount who have secured a good merit record while carrying out their examination schedules. The main focus of this scholarship will be to redress the financial issues of the students belonging to the Economically Weaker Sections of society. The students of post-matric classes will be considered eligible for applying for this scholarship.
Another objective of launching the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship is to put a reduction to the dropout rates and low literacy rates so that more and more students will be able to join the schooling and college courses and also help in increasing the literacy rate of the West Bengal State. The student must belong to the category of EWS.
The government has also fixed some limitations to the criteria of the category of the beneficiary who will be considered eligible for getting the scholarship amount. The student must ensure that he or she belongs to the category of EWS (Economically Weaker Section) to fulfill the eligibility criteria and educational qualifications set up by this scholarship authority.
The lists of eligible classes are as follows
- Class 11th
- Class 12th
The following degrees will be considered eligible:-
- UG Degree
- PG Degree
- PhD Degree
List Of Eligible Courses
The lists of eligible courses are as follows:-
|Non-Net MPhil||Non-Net PhD||PG in Arts|
|PG in Commerce||PG in Science||PG in other UGC courses|
|UG in Arts||UG in Commerce||UG in Science|
|UG in other UGC courses||Diploma Courses||Polytechnic Courses|
|Engineering or Technical Courses||Professional Courses||UGC Approved Courses|
Minimum Mark Cut Off
The minimum marks required for each class or degree are as follows:-
|Eligible Classes or Degree||Minimum Mark Cut Off|
Course Wise Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amounts given to each course of study are as follows:-
|Course of Study||Scholarship Amount|
|Non-Net MPhil||Rs. 5,000/- Per Month|
|Non-Net PhD||Rs. 8,000/- Per Month|
|MA||Rs. 2,000/- Per Month|
|M.com||Rs. 2,000/- Per Month|
|M.sc||Rs. 2,500/- Per Month|
|MA in Professional Courses||Rs. 2,500/- Per Month|
|BA||Rs. 2,500/- Per Month|
|B.com||Rs. 1,000/- Per Month|
|B.sc||Rs. 1,000/- Per Month|
|Diploma Courses||Rs. 1,500/- Per Month|
|UG in Medical Courses||Rs. 5,000/- Per Month|
|Polytechnic Courses||Rs. 1,500/- Per Month|
|BA UGC Approved Professional Courses||Rs. 5,000/- Per Month|
|MA UGC Approved Professional Courses||Rs. 1,500/- Per Month|
The category of each course are as follows:-
|Directorate||Class or Course|
|Directorate of School Education||Class 11th and 12th|
|Directorate of Technical Education & Training||Polytechnic or Diploma Courses|
|Directorate of Public Instruction||General Degree Courses|
|Directorate of Technical Education||Engineering or Technical Degrees or Courses|
|Directorate of Medical Education||Medical or Nursing Courses|
The lists of delegated authorities are as follows:-
- Directorate of School Education (DSE)
- Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)
- Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI)
- Technical Education
- Directorate of Technical Education and Training (DTE&T)
- Directorate of Medical Education
Annual Income Limit
The annual income of the student’s family will also be taken into consideration at the time of shortlisting the names of eligible beneficiaries. The student’s annual income must not exceed the value that has been set up. The annual income of the student’s family must be Rs. 2,50,000/-. If it exceeds, the student will not be given the scholarship.
The students will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, and the previous year’s academic record. Then the selected students will get listed in the beneficiary list and the same thing will get uploaded on the portal. Afterward, the scholarship amount will get transferred directly to the beneficiary’s bank account number. This scholarship amount will cover the major expenses or allowances.
Selection Procedure Stages
The stages of the selection procedure are as follows:-
- Scrutinization of Academic Records
- Taking into consideration the Previous year’s academic performance
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Timelines (Tentative)
The timelines of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Fresh Registration Starts||October 2023|
|Last Date To Apply Online||February 2024|
Bikash Bhavan Scholarship Renewal
The students who are already gaining the scholarship amount from this scholarship program will also be able to continue for this scholarship amount after its completion with the help of the renewal process. For this, the students of UG degree will need to submit the documents for the 1st and 2nd semesters and the PG degree students will need to submit the mark sheets for the 1st and 2nd semesters.
Benefits Of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Students will be able to get paid their course fees after participating under the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship.
- The students belonging to the EWS categories will be able to secure scholarships.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 2,000/- Per month will be provided to the students undertaking MA and M.Com degrees.
- Students undertaking non-net M.Phil and BA UGC-approved professional courses will be given financial assistance of Rs. 5,000/-.
- Students undertaking post-matric classes will be given scholarships.
- The merit performance of the student will be beneficial for the student if he or she secured a good merit record.
- Students will be able to get variable scholarship amounts based on the class or course they are pursuing.
- The course of studies that the student is undertaking will decide the scholarship amounts.
- The students will be urged to apply online under the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship before the last date of online form submission.
- The scholarship will be provided to the student till the completion of his or her degree phase.
Features Of Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The State Government of WB has launched the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship.
- This scholarship will only be provided to students who are living in the state of West Bengal.
- Students outside the state of WB will not be given any amount of benefit.
- Scholarships will be provided to the students belonging to the EWS Community.
- The students must be studying from class 12th to higher courses of studies such as BA, MA, Bcom, Mcom, Bsc and Msc, etc.
- A scholarship amount of Rs. 1500/- will be provided to the students undertaking Diploma and Polytechnic Courses and MA degrees in the professional courses.
- Students undertaking BA and BSc degrees will be given scholarships of Rs. 1,000/- on the monthly basis.
- A scholarship amount will be offered to the student on the monthly basis based on the degree or course of study that he or she is undertaking.
- For getting registration on time, the applicant can apply online under the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship before the last date of online form submission.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this scholarship: –
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- He or she must belong to the EWS category.
- The student must be studying in classes from 11th to 12th or other higher courses of study.
- The student must be carrying out degrees in the courses such as Arts, Sciences, Commerce, Medical and professional courses.
- The student must secure at least 70% to 75% marks in the previous year’s exam and in case the student pursuing a PG course of studies then he or she will need to secure 55% of the minimum marks in the last qualifying exam.
- The annual income of the student’s family must not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- For Fresh Applicants
- Aadhar Card
- DOB Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Educational Certificates
- EWS Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Institute Verification Form
- Bank account passbook
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Active Mobile Number
- For Renewal Applicants
- UG 1st and 2nd Sem Marksheet
- UG 3rd and 4th Sem Marksheet
- PG 1st and 2nd Sem Marksheet
Process To Apply Online Under Bikash Bhavan Scholarship
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting online registration under this scholarship:-
- First of all, you will need to visit and open the Official Website of this portal.
- Then you will get land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, click on the Registration button.
- A new page will be displayed on your screen.
- Read the instructions given on this page.
- Now place the checkmark on the declaration line.
- Then click on the button to Proceed For Registration.
- See the categories.
- Then click on the button to Apply For Fresh Application.
- A registration form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill out the form carefully after reading each column carefully.
- Now click on the Register Button.
- In this way, you will get online registration to the portal.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for lodging grievances on the portal:-
- For lodging grievances, you will need to visit the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Click on the button to Grievance Registration.
- A new page will be shown on your screen.
- Look under the section of APPLICANT GRIEVANCE SUBMISSION.
- Now click on the button to Registered Applicant.
- The login form will get displayed on your screen.
- Fill it with the correct details such as:-
- Applicant ID
- Security Code
- Then click on the Login button.
- After that, you will be able to lodge your grievance on the grievance form.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points to download important files on the portal:-
- Visit the official website of SVMCM.
- Then you will get land on the homepage.
- Now click on the tab of Downloads.
- After clicking, 3 options will get shown ahead:-
- Click on any link as per your choice of requirement.
- Then the PDF file of this link will get shown on your screen.
- Click on the Download button on the right-hand side of your displayed PDF file.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points to get contact details on the portal:-
- For getting contact details, you will need to open the official website of this scholarship.
- Now you will be able to see the homepage.
- Click on the tab Contacts.
- A new page will be displayed showing relevant contact details.
- Now you can see the contact details as per your choice of requirement.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship, you may contact this mentioned below helpline number and email Ids:-
- Helpline No:- 1800-102-8014
- Email IDs:- [email protected]