CHED Scholarship Program 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | CHED Scholarship Program Check Amount & Last Date | CHED Scholarship Program Registration & Login Portal | Check Online Status & All Details |
The Commission on Higher Education has launched the CHED Scholarship Program so that the students enrolling in college-based courses or degrees will be able to get admission without facing any kind of financial hindrances or obstacles. A list of the eligible beneficiaries will be prepared on the merit performance of the students.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the CHED Scholarship Program 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
CHED Scholarship Program 2023
Students belonging to the citizenship of the Philippines can apply online under the CHED Scholarship Program for getting or receiving the scholarship amount of PHP 10,000/- to 40,000/- on the basis of the semester system. Selection of the students will be made on the basis of academic excellence or merit. The students will be given the scholarship amounts on an annual or semester basis.
The Commission on Higher Education has launched the CHED Scholarship Program so that fresh or new college students will be able to get the scholarship amounts after passing or clearing the exam of Grade 12th. Variable scholarship amounts will be provided to them based on the course of fields taken or opted by them. The students will need to secure the GWA in the respective programs which have been considered eligible.
Highlights of CHED Scholarship Program 2023
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||CHED Scholarship Program|
|Known As||CHED Scholarship Scheme|
|Launched By||Commission on Higher Education|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Allocated Portal||Commission on Higher Education Portal|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to students for pursuing college-based courses|
|Benefit||Students will be able to carry out their studies|
|Applicable To||Citizens of Philippines|
|Student Category||Students pursuing college courses|
|Annual Income Limit||PHP 4,00,000/-|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Scholarship Transferral||Monthly or Annual Basis|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Amount of benefit||Variable Assistance|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Last Date to Apply||Will be updated soon|
|Eligible Programs||PESFA & SSP|
|No. of Eligible Programs||2|
|Office Address||Higher Education Development Center Building,|
CP Garcia Ave,
|Telephone Number||(02) 441-1260|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives Of CHED Scholarship Program 2023
The main objective of launching the CHED Scholarship Program is to provide scholarships in the form of financial help and support to fresh college-going students residing in the Philippines country so that they will also be able to pursue regular full-time courses from the public or private Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The merit performance of the student will determine whether the student is eligible or not.
Another objective of launching the CHED Scholarship Program is to provide socio-economic welfare to the students pursuing or undertaking college-based courses so that they will be able to contribute some form of investment towards their career upliftment. Students belonging to the financially backward classes will be able to get the scholarship amounts.
Fresh Opening of Scholarship Forms
The fresh openings of scholarship forms for the CHED Scholarship Program are going to start in the year 2023. The students will be advised the same to apply for this scholarship before the last date and they can also apply on the starting date of the application form which is 15th August 2023.
List of Eligible Beneficiaries
The following beneficiaries will be considered eligible for applying:-
- Solo Parents and their Dependents
- Cultural Minority Members
- Hill Tribe Members
List of Eligible Degrees
The lists of eligible degrees are as follows:-
|Engineering & Technology||Information Technology Education|
|Science & Mathematics||Architecture|
|Business & Management||Maritime Education|
|Teacher Education||Health Profession Education|
|Social Sciences||Multi and Interdisciplinary|
Offered Field of Studies
The offered fields of study are as follows:-
|Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Ceramic Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Computer Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communications Engineering||Food Engineering|
|Geodetic Engineering||Industrial Engineering||Manufacturing / Production Engineering||Materials Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechatronics Engineering||Metallurgical Engineering||Mining Engineering|
|Petroleum Engineering||Robotics Engineering||Sanitary Engineering||Structural Engineering|
|Aviation Related Programs||Aircraft Maintenance Technology||Engineering Technology||Industrial Technology|
|Mechatronics Engineering Technology||Computer Science||Cyber Security||Entertainment and Multimedia Computing / Game Development and Animation|
|Information System||Information Technology||Library and Information Science||Applied Physics / Physics|
|Mathematics / Mathematics||Applied Statistics/ Statistics||Biochemistry||Biology|
|Marine Biology||Human Biology||Marine Science||Meteorology|
|Molecular Biology and Biotechnology||Architecture||Fine Arts||Interior Design|
|Landscape Architecture||Environmental Planning||Accountancy||Hospitality Management/ Hotel and Restaurant Management|
|Business Analytics||Tourism Management/ Tourism||Maritime Engineering Marine Transportation||Secondary Education major in Science and Mathematics|
|Culture and Arts||Early Childhood Education||Special Needs Education||Sports and Exercise Science|
|Doctor of Dental Medicine||Doctor Of Optometry||Medical Technology / Medical Laboratory Science||Midwifery|
|Nursing||Nutrition and Dietetics||Occupational Therapy||Pharmacy|
|Physical Therapy||Radiologic Technology||Respiratory Therapy||Speech-Language Pathology|
|Community Development||Human Services (Guidance and Counselling)||Indigenous Peoples Studies/ Education||Peace Studies/ Education|
|Data Science||Analytics||Disaster Risk Management/ Climate Change||Renewable / Sustainable Energy|
List of Higher Education Institutes
The lists of higher education institutes are as follows:-
|Arellano University||New Era University||Polytechnic University of the Philippines||Technological University of the Philippines (TUP)|
|Baguio Central University||Mariano Marcos State University||University of Luzon,Pangasinan, Dagupan||Cagayan State University|
|University of Baguio||Pangasinan State University||University of Northern Philippines||Saint Louis College – CSFU City of San Fernando, La Union|
|University of Cordilleras||Panpacific University North Phils. -Urdaneta||University of Pangasinan||Cagayan Valley University(formerly CCT)|
|St. Mary’s University Bayombong||St. Paul University Philippines||University of La Salette||University of Saint Louis- Tuguegarao|
List of Eligible Programs
The following programs will be considered eligible:-
Program Wise GWA
The GWA for each program are as follows:-
|SSP||93% to 95%|
This scholarship will cover the mentioned below allowances:-
- Tuition Fee
- Book Allowance
- Monthly Allowance
Annual Wise Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amount provided to the student according to the annual system are as follows:-
|Program||Stipend (Scholarship Amount)|
|PESFA||PhP 40,000/- |
|SSP||PhP 40,000/- |
Semester Wise Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amount provided for each semester are as follows:-
|Program||Stipend (Scholarship Amount)|
|PESFA||PhP 10,000/- |
|SSP||PhP 10,000/- |
List of Thematic Areas
The lists of thematic areas are as follows:-
- Education for STEAM
- Environment, Disaster Prevention, Climate Change and Energy
- Terrestrial & Marine Economy: Biodiversity and Conservation
- Smart Analytics and Engineering Innovation
- Health Systems
- Food Production and Security
Only that number of scholarships will be provided or granted to the students which has been fixed by the selection body for providing the scholarships to the beneficiaries. Around 2567 scholarships will be awarded for this year which means around 2567 students will be selected from the respective countries hence, the beneficiary limit will be 2567.
Parental Annual Income
It is also the annual income of the student’s family which is taken into consideration in the form of selection parameter whether the student get selected or shortlisted for getting the scholarship amount. The student’s parental annual income must not exceed PHP 4,00,000/-. If it exceeds, the student will get debarred from applying.
Benefits Of CHED Scholarship Program 2023
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- CHED Scholarship Program will offer various fields of studies to the students opting.
- Variable scholarship amounts will be offered to the student based on the course the student is pursuing.
- Around 2567 students will be able to get the scholarship amounts.
- There are around 20 higher education institutions that have been delegated for providing educational facilities to students.
- Students carrying out admission or enrollment to that course who have been considered eligible will provide scholarship amounts to the students.
- On the basis of the semester or annual system, the students will be able to get the scholarship amounts.
- PHP 10,000/- to PHP 20,000/- will be provided to the students on a semester basis.
- On an annual basis, the students will be offered PHP 10,000/- to PHP 40,000/-.
- The students can go through the timelines for getting updates regarding the CHED Scholarship Program.
- Students can adopt an online mode of application for submitting the application form.
Features Of CHED Scholarship Program 2023
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The Commission on Higher Education has launched the CHED Scholarship Program.
- About 20 institutions have been empanelled for providing admissions to the students.
- This scholarship will only be provided to the students who have passed the Grade 12th exam and are now going to get admission to a college-level degree.
- The student must be pursuing a UG or PG course of studies.
- The scholarship amounts of PHP 10,000/- to PHP 20,000/- will be provided to the students on a semester basis.
- Various choices of study fields will be offered to the students for opting.
- On an annual basis, the students will be offered PHP 10,000/- to PHP 40,000/- in the form of scholarship amounts.
- The students will need to secure the GWA in the respective programs which have been considered eligible.
- Securing GWA of 96% in the PESFA and 93% to 95% is a must in the SSP.
- For getting more information regarding the CHED Scholarship Program, one can visit the official website.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this scholarship: –
- The student must be a permanent citizen of Filipino.
- The student must be a senior high school graduate.
- This scholarship will be provided to the student holding a UG or a graduate degree in any course of study.
- The student’s parental annual income must not exceed PHP 4,00,000/-.
- Securing a GWA of 96% in the PESFA and 93% to 95% is a must in the SSP.
- This scholarship will also be applicable to the following mentioned beneficiaries:-
- Solo Parents and their Dependents
- Cultural Minority Members
- Hill Tribe Members
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- DOB Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Grade 11th Grade 12 1st Semester Photocopy
- High school Report Card
- Solo Parent ID (In case of solo parents)
- Medical Certificate (In case of a disabled person)
- Indigenous Peoples (NCIP)
- In the case of children of Non-OFWs, the student must submit these mentioned below documents:-
- Parent’s Latest Income Tax Return
- Tax Exemption Certificate
- Case Study
- Affidavit of No Income
Process To Apply Online Under CHED Scholarship Program
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the CHED Scholarship Program will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the CHED Scholarship Program, then you may contact this mentioned below office address, telephone number and email ID:-
- Office Address
- Higher Education Development Center Building,
- CP Garcia Ave,
- Quezon City,
- Telephone Number:- (02) 441-1260
- Email Id:- [email protected]