GATE Scholarship 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | GATE Scholarship View Exam & Last Date | GATE Scholarship Registration & Login Portal | View Exam Status & All Details |
Now the students can pursue their careers in the Engineering fields after getting the scholarship amounts offered under the GATE Scholarship. The students will need to make some preparations for the GATE examination and there will also be a need to secure some good marks. Those students who have cleared the GATE exam will be given a scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/-.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the GATE Scholarship 2024 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
GATE Scholarship 2024
Students who have secured good marks in their GATE Exam for admission to the PG degree in technical education will be able to get the scholarship amount under the GATE Scholarship. Based on the merit performance, the student will be given the scholarship amount. There are thousands of students who have secured good marks in this entrance test for the sake of getting admission to the M.Tech degree.
A scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be provided to the students pursuing M.Tech or M.Arch degrees under the Gates Scholarship. For this, the students will need to pass the GATE exam with good marks or scores. The student must be undertaking the technical course of study from the college or institution that has been approved by the AICTE.
Highlights Of GATE Scholarship Scheme
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows: –
|Name Of The Scholarship
|AICTE (All India Council For Techincal Education)
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|To provide scholarships to the students who have passed the GATE Exam
|Students will be able to start their careers in the Technical field
|Citizens of India
|Students opted for the Engineering Course of education
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|70% Attendance Record
|Amount of benefit
|2 Years or 24 Months
|GATE Exam Marks
|Last Date To Apply Online
|Will be updated soon
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Nelson Mandela Marg Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi- 110070
Objectives Of GATE Scholarship
The main objective of launching the GATE Scholarship is so that the students who have secured good marks in the GATE Entrance Exam will be able to get the scholarship amount. These scholarships will be provided to them for admission to the PG in the Engineering field. A scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be given for the duration of 2 years.
Another objective of launching the GATE Scholarship is to provide a form of reward and recognition to the students who have cleared the GATE Exam. Scholarship amounts will be provided to the students which will help them to undertake a master’s degree in the technical course. The college to which the student has to get admission must be approved by AICTE.
GATE Scholarship Timelines
The timelines of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Opening of Scholarship Registration Forms
|Will be updated soon
|Last Date To Apply Online
|Will be updated soon
|Institute Verification Process
|Will be updated soon
List of Eligible Beneficiaries
The following beneficiaries will be considered eligible for applying:-
- Physically Handicapped
The lists of ineligible beneficiaries are as follows:-
- Students taken admitted after the GATE Score.
- Students who have already completed the PG degree.
- Scholars or students who have already been admitted to the PG courses through the use of quotas.
- Foreign Candidates.
- Scholars pursuing part-time PG degrees.
- Scholars getting scholarships from IIT and NIT.
The student or beneficiary going to apply for the GATE Scholarship will need to possess or attain an identity under the Beneficiary category for which the student will be shortlisted for getting selected as an eligible beneficiary. This scholarship will be provided to the students who have passed the GATE exam and must have been admitted to an approved college.
GATE Scholarship Amount
The scholarship rate or amount will only be provided to the students who have qualified or secured good marks in this Entrance Exam. The scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be provided to the students. The amount of scholarship will be provided to the student on a monthly basis.
GATE Scholarship Duration
These scholarship amounts will be provided to the students for a stipulated amount of time or period for which the students will be able to receive the scholarship amounts. The students will be able to receive this scholarship amount for the duration of 2 years consisting of 24 months. This scholarship duration will be fixed.
Some of the important information issued by the government regarding the GATE Scholarship is as follows:-
- The student must ensure that he/she is taking admission to the AICTE-approved engineering course in the PG degree.
- Those students who will not be given any scholarship amount who have re-qualify for this Exam once again.
- The students who have opted for another kind of scholarship scheme will not be given any scholarship amount.
- The scholarship amount getting transferred to the bank account of eligible beneficiaries will be based on the merit performance of the student.
- Students will be disqualified from getting the scholarship amount in case of misconduct.
Important Guidelines For Institutes
The institutes will need to follow the mentioned below guidelines to get online registration:-
- The authorized members of the institute will need to upload and enter the database of student’s details on the AICTE portal before the last dates.
- There will be a need to collect Unique IDs from the Institute from the students who have applied.
- The institute will need to upload significant documents in the required size consisting of JPEG/PDF format.
- In order to see that all the entries that have been made to the portal are correct, the institute will need to verify the data on the portal.
Gate Scholarship Last Date
As this scholarship has been recently launched, the last date to apply online for this scholarship has not been updated yet through the use of social networking sites. Whenever the last date of online form submission is launched, we will update you through this article by which you will be able to get registration.
Gate Scholarship Rewards
The scholarship amount or rewards that will be paid to the students have already been fixed in advance so that no one will miss this chance or opportunity of getting the scholarship rewards. The scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be provided to the students. The amount of scholarship (Reward) will be provided to the student on a monthly basis.
Institution Registration Process
The process to apply for the institute is as follows:-
- The institutes will need to submit the student’s data on the AICTE Portal before the last date or timeline.
- Students’ Unique IDs generated for them will need to be uploaded to the portal.
- These IDs will need to be collected by the students who are pursuing PG degrees in AICTE-approved colleges.
- Then the students will need to upload the scanned copies of the required documents in the JPEG/PDF format such as:-
- GATE scorecard
- Bank Passbook 1st Page
- Category Certificate for SC/ST, OBC & Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Then after the submission of these documents, the student’s data will be verified on the portal in order to file candidature on the portal.
Role of GATE Scholarship In Promoting Education
The GATE scholarship plays a crucial role in promoting education and scholarships by providing financial assistance to bright and motivated students pursuing post-graduate studies in engineering, science, and technology. This scholarship not only encourages students to invest more time and effort in their studies but also helps to create a pool of talented and skilled individuals.
Positive Feedback of GATE Scholarship
Here are some of the positive feedback received from the recipients of this scholarship:-
|“The Gate Scholarship has been a game changer for me. It has given me the confidence and financial support to pursue my dreams.”
|“I am grateful for this opportunity to receive this scholarship which has allowed me to focus on my studies without worrying about the financial burden.”
|“Winning this scholarship has meant more than just the financial support. It has motivated me to work harder and strive for my academic goals.”
|“The Gate Scholarship has opened doors for me in terms of career opportunities and has given me the resources to excel in my field.”
|“This scholarship has been a blessing for me and my family. It has allowed me to pursue my education with ease and I am grateful for it.”
Important Rules To Follow
The students will need to follow the below-mentioned rules for the GATE Scholarship:-
- The students will need to maintain their academic performance by adhering to the institution.
- 24 months of regular attendance is mandatory to possess.
- The students will need to repay the scholarship amounts in case of leaving the course early.
- Scholarship rates or amounts rates are subject to change by MHRD and ECC.
The GATE Scholarship Exam is conducted online and consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions. The exam duration is three hours, and it is divided into two sections: General Aptitude and Subject-specific questions.
The exam pattern for the GATE Scholarship Exam is as follows:-
- General Aptitude: This section tests the candidates’ language and analytical skills. It consists of 10 questions, including 5 MCQs and 5 NAT questions.
- Subject-specific Questions: This section evaluates the candidates’ knowledge in their respective engineering disciplines. It comprises 55 questions, including 25 MCQs and 30 NAT questions.
The GATE Scholarship Exam syllabus varies depending on the engineering discipline. However, some common topics include:-
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability, and Statistics.
- General Aptitude: Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, and Analytical Ability.
- Subject-specific Topics: These cover the core subjects of the chosen engineering discipline, including topics like Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Control Systems, Digital Logic, and more.
Reference Book Names List
Here is a list of recommended reference books for the GATE Scholarship Exam:-
- Introduction to the Theory of Computation by Michael Sipser
- Computer Organization and Architecture by William Stallings
- Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal
- Signals and Systems by Alan V. Oppenheim
- Heat and Mass Transfer by Yunus A. Cengel
Preparing for the GATE Scholarship Exam requires a systematic and focused approach. Here are some tips to help you excel in the exam:-
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and allocate your time accordingly.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that covers all the topics in the syllabus and allows sufficient time for revision.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Solve previous year question papers to get an idea of the exam’s difficulty level and to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Take Mock Tests: Mock tests simulate the actual exam environment and help you assess your preparation level.
- Focus on Weak Areas: Identify your weak areas and allocate more time to improve your understanding of those topics.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs: General knowledge and current affairs play a crucial role in the General Aptitude section. Stay updated with the latest news and events.
- Stay Calm and Confident: Maintain a positive mindset and stay calm during the exam. Avoid last-minute cramming and trust your preparation.
Benefits Of GATE Scholarship 2024
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The students who have secured or qualified for the GATE exam will be able to get free of cost admission to the engineering-based PG degree college under the GATE Scholarship.
- The scholarship amount will be provided to the student every month.
- For the removal of misconduct that occurred due to students, the government has decided to disqualify the student scholarship amount in case they have faced any kind of misconduct by the student.
- The students will not need to suffer from financial issues.
- The students who have opened their own savings bank accounts will be able to get the scholarship amount transferred on time.
- An amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be provided to the students in the form of financial help and support.
- Students belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWDs will also be given scholarships.
- This scholarship will be provided to the student for the duration of 2 years.
- The students will be given scholarships each month.
- The students can apply online for the GATE Scholarship before the last date to get timely registration.
Features Of GATE Scholarship 2024
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The GATE Scholarship has been launched for students pursuing engineering from AICTE-approved colleges.
- This scholarship will be provided to the students who have secured or qualified for the GATE Entrance Test.
- Students will be given an amount of Rs. 12,400/- in the form of a scholarship.
- This scholarship will also be provided to students belonging to underprivileged communities such as SC, ST, OBC and PWD.
- The scholarship amount will be given to the students on a monthly transferral basis.
- The students pursuing studies in IIT and NITs will not be considered eligible to apply.
- The scholarship duration will be 2 years consisting of 24 months.
- The last date to apply online under the GATE Scholarship will be updated soon.
- To get more information, the students will need to wait for the launch of the official website.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this scholarship: –
- The student must be pursuing a PG in the technical course of studies from an AICTE-approved college.
- This scholarship will also be provided to students belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWD.
- The student must have attached or affixed the GATE Scorecard with the scholarship form.
- The applicant must have opened a general savings account.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- GATE scorecard
- Evidence of caste certificates such as BC and OBC
- Bank details
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Passport Size Photographs
GATE Scholarship Apply Online 2024
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the GATE Scholarship will be launched. Otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points to get contact details:-
- Visit the official website first.
- On the homepage, click on the Menu Bar.
- Now click on About Us.
- Then, click on the link to Offices.
- The contact details will be displayed on your screen.
In case if any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the GATE Scholarship, then you may contact the mentioned office address and telephone number:-
- Office Address:-
- Nelson Mandela Marg Vasant Kunj,
- New Delhi- 110070
- Telephone number:- 011-26131576
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the GATE Scholarship?
The GATE Scholarship is a financial assistance program for students pursuing post-graduate studies in engineering, science, and technology.
2. How much is the scholarship amount?
Students will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 12,400 for a duration of 2 years.
3. Who is eligible for the GATE Scholarship?
Eligible beneficiaries include SC, ST, OBC, and PWD students pursuing engineering courses in AICTE-approved colleges.
4. What is the objective of the scholarship?
The main objective is to support students who have excelled in the GATE Exam, providing them financial aid for PG studies in engineering.
5. How is the scholarship amount transferred?
The scholarship amount is transferred through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) via an e-payment mechanism.
6. What are the important dates for the GATE Scholarship?
The opening and last dates for scholarship registration forms, as well as other timelines, will be updated soon.
7. Can students from IITs and NITs apply?
No, students pursuing studies in IITs and NITs are not eligible to apply for the GATE Scholarship.
8. What documents are required for the application?
Required documents include Aadhar Card, GATE scorecard, caste certificates, bank details, phone number, email address, and passport-size photographs.
9. How long is the scholarship duration?
The scholarship duration is 2 years or 24 months.
10. What are the consequences of misconduct?
Students will be disqualified from the scholarship in case of misconduct, and scholarship rates are subject to change by MHRD and ECC.