GATE Scholarship 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | GATE Scholarship View Exam & Last Date | GATE Scholarship Registration & Login Portal | View Exam Status & All Details |
Now the students can pursue their careers in the Engineering fields after getting the scholarship amounts offered under the GATE Scholarship. The students will need to make some preparations for the GATE examination and there will also be a need to secure some good marks. Those students who have cleared the GATE exam will be given scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/-.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the GATE Scholarship 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
GATE Scholarship 2023
Students who have secured good marks in their GATE Exam for getting admission to the PG degree in technical education will be able to get the scholarship amount under the GATE Scholarship. Based on the merit performance, the student will be given the scholarship amount. There are thousands of students who have secured good marks in this entrance test for the sake of getting admission to the M.Tech degree.
A scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be provided to the students pursuing M.Tech or M.Arch degrees under the Gates Scholarship. For this, the students will need to pass the GATE exam with good marks or scores. The student must be undertaking the technical course of study from the college or institution that has been approved by the AICTE.
Highlights Of GATE Scholarship Scheme
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows: –
|Name Of The Scholarship||GATE Scholarship|
|Launched By||AICTE (All India Council For Techincal Education)|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to the students who have passed the GATE Exam|
|Benefit||Students will be able to start their careers in the Technical field|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Student Category||Students opted for the Engineering Course of education|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Attendance Record||70% Attendance Record|
|Scholarship Transferral||Monthly Basis|
|Amount of benefit||Rs. 12,400/-|
|Scholarship Duration||2 Years or 24 Months|
|Selection Parameter||GATE Exam Marks|
|Last Date To Apply Online||31st December 2022|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Office Address||Nelson Mandela Marg Vasant Kunj,|
New Delhi- 110070
Objectives Of GATE Scholarship
The main objective of launching the GATE Scholarship is so that the students who have secured good marks in the GATE Entrance Exam will be able to get the scholarship amount. These scholarships will be provided to them for providing admission to them the PG in the Engineering field. A scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be given for the duration of 2 years.
Another objective of launching the GATE Scholarship is to provide a form of reward and recognition to the students who have cleared the GATE Exam. Scholarship amounts will be provided to the students which will help them for undertaking a master’s degree in the technical course. The college to which the student has to get admission must be approved by AICTE.
GATE Scholarship Timelines
The timelines of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Opening of Scholarship Registration Forms||1st September 2022|
|Last Date To Apply Online||31st December 2022|
|Institute Verification Process||15th January 2023|
List of Eligible Beneficiaries
The following beneficiaries will be considered eligible for applying:-
- Physically Handicapped
The lists of ineligible beneficiaries are as follows:-
- Students taken admitted after the GATE Score.
- Students who have already completed the PG degree.
- Scholars or students who have already got admission to the PG courses through the use of quotas.
- Foreign Candidates.
- Scholars pursuing part-time Pg degrees.
- Scholars getting scholarships from IIT and NIT.
The student or beneficiary going to apply for the GATE Scholarship will need to possess or attain an identity under the Beneficiary category for which the student will be shortlisted for getting selected as an eligible beneficiary. This scholarship will be provided to the students who have passed the GATE exam and must have get admission to AICTE Approved college.
Amount Of Scholarship
The scholarship rate or amount will only be provided to the students who have qualified or secured good marks in this Entrance Exam. The scholarship amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be provided to the students. The amount of scholarship will be provided to the student on the monthly basis.
This scholarship amounts will be provided to the students for a stipulated amount of time or period for which the students will be able to receive the scholarship amounts. The students will be able to receive this scholarship amount for the duration of 2 years consisting of 24 months. This scholarship duration will be fixed.
Some of the important information issued by the government regarding this scholarship are as follows:-
- The student must ensure that he/she is taking admission to the AICTE-approved engineering course in the PG degree.
- Those students who will not be given any scholarship amount who have re-qualify for this Exam once again.
- The students who have opted for another same kind of scholarship scheme will not be given any scholarship amount.
- The scholarship amount getting transferred to the bank account of eligible beneficiaries will be based on the merit performance of the student.
- Students will be disqualified from getting the scholarship amount in case of misconduct.
Important Guidelines For Institutes
The institutes will need to follow the mentioned below guidelines for getting online registration:-
- The authorized members of the institute will need to upload and enter the database of student’s details on the AICTE portal before the last dates.
- There will be a need to collect Unique IDs from the Institute from the students who have applied.
- The institute will need to upload significant documents in the required size consisting of JPEG/PDF format.
- In order to see that all the entries that have been made to the portal are correct, the institute will need to verify the data on the portal.
Benefits Of GATE Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The students who have secured or qualified for the GATE exam will be able to get free of cost admission to the engineering-based PG degree college under the GATE Scholarship.
- The scholarship amount will be provided to the student every month.
- For the removal of misconduct that occurred due to students, the government has decided to disqualify the student scholarship amount in case they have faced any kind of misconduct by the student.
- The students will not need to suffer from financial issues.
- The students who have opened their own savings bank accounts will be able to get the scholarship amount transferred on time.
- An amount of Rs. 12,400/- will be provided to the students in the form of financial help and support.
- Students belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWDs will also be given scholarships.
- This scholarship will be provided to the student for the duration of 2 years.
- The students will be given scholarships each month.
- The students can apply online for the GATE Scholarship before 31st December 2022.
Features Of GATE Scholarship
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The GATE Scholarship has been launched for students pursuing engineering from AICTE Approved colleges.
- This scholarship will be provided to the students who have secured or qualified for the GATE Entrance Test.
- Students will be given an amount of Rs. 12,400/- in the form of a scholarship.
- This scholarship will also be provided to students belonging to underprivileged communities such as SC, ST, OBC and PWD.
- The scholarship amount will be given to the students on a monthly transferral basis.
- The students pursuing studies IIT and NITs will not be considered eligible for applying.
- The scholarship duration will be 2 years consisting of 24 months.
- The fresh opening of scholarship forms will starts on 1st September 2022.
- The last date to apply online under the GATE Scholarship is 31st December 2022.
- For getting more information, the students will need to wait for the launch of the official website.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this scholarship: –
- The student must be pursuing PG in the technical course of studies from an AICTE-approved college.
- This scholarship will also be provided to students belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWD.
- The student must have attached or affixed the GATE Scorecard with the scholarship form.
- The applicant must have opened a general savings account.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- GATE scorecard
- Evidence of caste certificates such as BC and OBC
- Bank details
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Passport Size Photographs
Process To Apply Online Under GATE Scholarship
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the GATE Scholarship will be launched. Otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting contact details:-
- Visit the official website first.
- On the homepage, click on the Menu Bar.
- Now click on About Us.
- Then, click on the link to Offices.
- The contact details will get displayed on your screen.
In case if any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the GATE Scholarship, then you may contact the mentioned office address, and telephone number:-
- Office Address:-
- Nelson Mandela Marg Vasant Kunj,
- New Delhi- 110070
- Telephone number:- 011-26131576