IELTS Scholarship 2024 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | IELTS Scholarship Check Scholarship Amount & Last Date | IELTS Scholarship Registration & Login Portal | Check Timelines & All Details |
The British Council has launched the IELTS Scholarship so that Indian students will be able to prepare for the IELTS exam after getting the scholarship amounts offered to them. Students will be offered chances to get international study. Students will be able to study abroad at the universities empanelled under this scholarship.
Through this article, you will get all the information regarding the IELTS Scholarship 2024 such as objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features & important documents, etc. Besides that, we will bring up to date with the step-by-step application procedures for applying online under this scholarship.
IELTS Scholarship 2024
Students who belong to the economically weaker sections of society but want to get a higher course of studies after getting scholarship amounts offered under the IELTS Scholarship can apply. Students will need to secure a score of 6.5 in the IELTS exam to get selected by the selection body hired for the selection of eligible beneficiaries.
To secure the interests of Indian students, the IELTS Scholarship has been launched so that the students will be inspired to carry out the approaching IELTS exam with the help of scholarship amounts provided to them. The student must be pursuing a PG degree. The student must also receive an acceptance letter from the concerned institution. A scholarship amount of £ 10,000/- will be provided to the students.
Highlights of IELTS Scholarship
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|British Council Portal
|To provide scholarships to students who want to pursue abroad studies
|The student will be able to get admission to foreign universities
|Citizens of India
|Students want to prepare for the IELTS
|PG or MA Degree
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|English Proficiency Skills
|Amount of benefit
|Maintenance Allowance, Books Allowances, Ad Hoc, Additional Allowance & Generous Allowance
|UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand & Australia
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date of Online Form Submission
|Will be updated soon
|Mode of application
|British Council India
|British Council Division
British High Commission
17 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Objectives Of IELTS Scholarship 2024
The major objective of launching the IELTS Scholarship is to promote the global knowledge of speaking the English language as a career aspiration so that the students will be able to get or receive EUR 10,000/- in the form of scholarship amounts. It will provide access to the global employment opportunities among the students.
Another objective of launching the IELTS Scholarship is to provide a scholarship amount of £ 10,000/- to the students undertaking UG or PG studies so that they will be able to qualify for the test of IELTS. Those students who have acquired or obtained English Language Proficiency will be able to get the scholarship preferences first. One can apply online before the last date.
IELTS Scholarship Last Date
Since this scholarship is new, there’s no information yet on the deadline for application. The authorities haven’t announced the last date or enrollment details. Students applying for this scholarship need to wait for further updates. Keep an eye out for announcements from the scholarship committee.
IELTS Scholarship Selection Procedure
An interview Round or stage will be conducted for the selection of shortlisted students by the selection body. This interview will be selected by the Panel of Hornby Trust Trustees and British Council Staff. After that, the students will be judged and selected on the basis of their English proficiency skills.
Conduction of EOR
Students will be awarded scholarship amounts after viewing and evaluating the EOR (Enquiry on Results) which will be the review of the component scores and the final score awarded on the Test Report Form (TRF). For conducting this test, the students will need to fill out the form of Enquiry on Results.
IELTS Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amount which will be provided to the student has already been fixed by the British Council. Each eligible student or beneficiary will be given scholarship amounts in the EUR currency format. An amount of EUR 10,000/- will be provided to each student to prepare for an IELTS exam.
IELTS Band Score
The scores for the IELTS Band are as follows:-
|IELTS Total Score
IELTS Eligible Countries
The lists of eligible countries covered in IELTS are as follows:-
- New Zealand
IELTS Band Score
The band scores of this exam are as follows:-
|IELTS Total Score
IELTS Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of IELTS is as follows:-
|General Training Reading
Tips To Crack IELTS Scholarship
- Practice all sections of the IELTS exam, including listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
- Familiarize yourself with the structure and format of the exam.
- Improve your English language skills by reading extensively, practising writing essays, and engaging in conversations with native speakers.
- Focus on improving your vocabulary by learning new words and using them in everyday situations.
- Develop your listening skills by regularly listening to English podcasts, news, and videos.
- Enhance your reading skills by reading a variety of English texts, such as books, newspapers, and magazines.
- Understand the marking criteria for writing and speaking tasks, and practice answering questions within the given time frame.
- Take advantage of online resources and sample tests to become familiar with the types of questions asked in the exam.
- Join IELTS preparation courses or hire a tutor to receive guidance and feedback on your performance.
- Manage your time effectively during the exam, ensuring that you allocate enough time for each section.
- Stay focused and maintain a positive mindset throughout the exam.
- Practice staying calm and managing stress, as this can significantly impact your performance on test day.
IELTS Scholarship Implementation Procedure
The British Council chooses the winners of the IELTS scholarship for Indian students. Applicants must submit a 300-word task with their application. Shortlisted candidates are notified by email and must give a presentation in person and provide a letter of acceptance from a university. Eight winners will be chosen by a panel of external raters, including a senior British Council official.
The IELTS exam does not have a specific syllabus as it aims to evaluate your overall English language proficiency. However, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the types of questions and topics that may appear in each section of the test.
The listening section consists of four recorded monologues and conversations. The topics are everyday situations, such as a conversation between two people in a social context or a monologue about a specific topic. The questions assess your ability to understand main ideas, specific information, and the speaker’s attitude and purpose.
The reading section includes three long passages that are taken from books, magazines, newspapers, or online sources. The topics vary and can range from general interest to academic subjects. The questions test your comprehension skills, including identifying main ideas, supporting details, and understanding the writer’s opinion or purpose.
The writing section consists of two tasks. Task 1 requires you to describe, summarize, or explain visual information, such as graphs, charts, or diagrams. Task 2 requires you to write an essay in response to a given topic. The writing tasks assess your ability to organize and present information, express opinions, and support arguments with relevant examples.
The speaking section is a face-to-face interview with a certified examiner. It is divided into three parts. Part 1 involves general questions about yourself, your interests, and everyday topics. Part 2 requires you to speak on a given topic for two minutes. Part 3 involves a discussion related to the topic in Part 2, focusing on abstract ideas and giving opinions.
The IELTS exam is available in two versions: Academic and General Training. The Academic version is for individuals who want to pursue higher education or professional registration, while the General Training version is for those who wish to work, migrate, or undertake non-academic training. The listening and speaking sections are the same for both versions, while the reading and writing sections differ slightly in terms of content and difficulty level.
The IELTS exam is conducted in a test center, and the duration of the test is approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- The listening section takes about 30 minutes, with an additional 10 minutes to transfer your answers to the answer sheet.
- The reading section lasts for 60 minutes and consists of three passages with a total of 40 questions.
- The writing section also takes 60 minutes and includes two tasks.
- The speaking section is a one-on-one interview with an examiner and is conducted on a different day or within a week before or after the other sections.
The IELTS exam is scored on a band scale from 0 to 9, with 0 being the lowest and 9 being the highest. Each section (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) is given a band score, and the overall band score is the average of these scores. The band scores indicate different levels of English language proficiency, ranging from non-user (band score 1) to expert (band score 9).
Cut-off List of Institutes
The cut-off list for institutes accepting IELTS scores varies depending on the institution and the course you are applying for. Different universities, colleges, and organizations have their own minimum band score requirements.
- It is advisable to research the specific requirements of the institutes you are interested in and aim to achieve a band score that meets or exceeds their cut-off criteria.
- Remember that the IELTS exam is just one of the factors considered by institutes during the admission process. Other factors, such as academic qualifications, work experience, and reference letters, may also be taken into account.
Benefits Of IELTS Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The students will be empowered to undertake the IELTS exam after getting the scholarship amount offered under the IELTS Scholarship.
- Students securing a score of 6.5 on the IELTS exam will be able to get the scholarship amounts.
- Students can prepare for the IELTS exam while pursuing or holding a PG degree.
- A total of 30 minutes to 60 minutes will be given to the student for carrying out the exam or test.
- Shortlisted students will be sent to the interview board for the final selection.
- There will be equal distribution of the educational as well as scholarship opportunities.
- Students securing good proficiency in the English Speaking Language will be able to secure their seats for the scholarship amounts.
- Financial assistance of EUR 10,000/- will be given to each eligible beneficiary.
- One can apply online under the IELTS Scholarship before the last date to get timely registration.
- Students who have cleared all test levels will be called for the interview round for the final selection.
Features Of IELTS Scholarship
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The British Council has launched the IELTS Scholarship.
- This scholarship will be provided to the students pursuing an MA or PG full-time course of studies.
- Students will be offered a scholarship amount of £ 10,000/-.
- The student must have secured 6.5 marks or a score in the IELTS exam.
- There are around 5 countries considered eligible for carrying out the preparation of the IELTS exam.
- The student will need to secure at least a 7.5 IELTS Band Score to get selected.
- Students will be selected finally on the basis of their English Proficiency skills.
- Students can also make the base of their preparation strong with the help of reference books.
- The last date to apply online under the IELTS Scholarship will be updated soon.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
IELTS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must possess the following criteria mentioned below:-
- The student must be an Indian Citizen.
- The student will need to secure at least a mark of 6.5 in the IELTS Exam.
- The student will need to secure at least a 7.5 IELTS Band Score to get selected.
- The applicant must have some proficiency in the English language.
Some of the important documents required to apply for this scholarship as per given below:-
- IELTS Score Copy
- IELTS Test Report Form
- English Proficiency Certificate
- GRE or TOEFL
- Transcripts Copies
- GRE Proof
- Admission Offer or Letter
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
IELTS Scholarship Apply Online
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the IELTS Scholarship is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points to get the contact details on the portal:-
- First of all, visit the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Click on the Contact Us Button.
- The contact details will be displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the contact details.
In case queries and questions come to your mind regarding the IELTS Scholarship, then you may contact this mentioned office address, telephone number and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- British Council Division
- British High Commission
- 17 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
- New Delhi – 110 001
- Telephone Number:- 0120-4569000
- Email Id:- Aditi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the IELTS Scholarship 2024?
The IELTS Scholarship 2024 is a program launched by the British Council to provide financial assistance to economically weaker Indian students who wish to pursue higher studies abroad. The scholarship aims to support students in preparing for the IELTS exam and subsequently studying at universities covered under this initiative.
2. Who is eligible for the IELTS Scholarship?
Students belonging to economically weaker sections of society can apply for the IELTS Scholarship. To be eligible, students must be pursuing a PG degree, secure a score of 6.5 in the IELTS exam, and receive an acceptance letter from the relevant institution.
3. What is the scholarship amount offered under the IELTS Scholarship 2024?
The scholarship provides financial aid of £10,000 to eligible students. This amount is intended to support students in preparing for the IELTS exam and pursuing higher education abroad.
4. How long is the tenure of the IELTS Scholarship?
The scholarship has a tenure of one year.
5. What are the covered allowances under the IELTS Scholarship?
The covered allowances include Maintenance Allowance, Books Allowances, Ad Hoc, Additional Allowance, and Generous Allowance.
6. What countries are eligible for the IELTS Scholarship?
The eligible countries for the IELTS Scholarship include the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia.
7. How are scholarship benefits transferred?
The scholarship benefits are transferred through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and an e-payment mechanism.
8. What is the last date for online form submission for the IELTS Scholarship?
The last date for online form submission for the IELTS Scholarship has not been provided in the content. Applicants are advised to wait for further updates from the scholarship committee.
9. What is the IELTS Band Score required for eligibility?
To be eligible for the IELTS Scholarship, students must secure a minimum band score of 6.5 in the IELTS exam.
10. What is the selection procedure for the IELTS Scholarship?
The selection procedure involves an interview round conducted by the Panel of Hornby Trust Trustees and British Council Staff. Students are judged based on their English proficiency skills, and the final selection is made after reviewing the Enquiry on Results (EOR) and conducting interviews.