Kothari Fellowship Benefits & Features | Kothari Fellowship Check Amount & Last Date | Check Covered Allowances & Termination | Kothari Fellowship Check Age Limit & Beneficiary Categories | Kothari Fellowship Check Eligibility & All Details |
Students undertaking Ph.D. degree programs can pursue it after getting the fellowship amounts offered to them under the Kothari Fellowship which has been recently launched by the UGC. Students will be encouraged to carry out their current studies for a PhD degree without facing any kind of financial difficulty. Students will get master the skills and knowledge.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the Kothari Fellowship 2024 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, and Important Documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online for this fellowship. To get complete information about this fellowship initiative, read this article till the end.
The University Grants Commission has launched the Kothari Fellowship for students undertaking or pursuing Ph.D. or Postdoctoral studies. A fellowship amount of Rs. 46,500/- will be provided to the students for pursuing a PhD degree. This fellowship amount will be provided to the student on a yearly basis. Only Ph.D. students will be considered eligible to apply. Students will be able to receive this fellowship amount for the duration of 3 years.
Fellowship amount, Contingency Grant, and HRA will be provided to the fellows carrying out research study or PhD Degree under the Kothari Fellowship. The duration of the fellowship amount will be 3 years. The contingency grant will be provided to the fellows after the fellowship completion. Fellowships will be given each month.
Highlights of Kothari Fellowship 2024
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Fellowship
|Dr. D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship
|UGC (University Grants Commission)
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|To provide fellowship amounts to the students pursuing a Ph.D. degree
|Students will be able to carry out their studies
|Citizens of India
|Students pursuing Ph.D. degrees, Assistant professors, and teachers
|Students pursuing Ph.D. Degree
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|70% Attendance Record
|Amount of benefit
|1st Year = Rs. 43,800/-
2nd Year = Rs. 45,000/-
3rd Year = Rs. 46,500/-
|Total Fellowship Amount
|3 Years (36 Months)
|Allotment of HRA
|Students with no Hostel Accommodation
|Fellowship, Contingency & HRA
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date to Apply
|Will be updated soon
|University Grants Commission,
New Delhi – 110002
Objectives of Kothari Fellowship
The main objective of launching the Kothari Fellowship is to provide encouragement and inspiration to the students so that they will be inspired for carrying out their studies without becoming dependent on their families. This will also provide some form of mastery to the students in their current or respective skills and knowledge. This fellowship amount will also cover the contingency grant.
Another objective of launching the Kothari Fellowship is to provide a fellowship amount of Rs. 46,500/- so that the students will be able to carry out their current studies for PhD degrees without facing any kind of financial difficulties. Students will be given this fellowship amount for 3 years till the completion of the degree.
The following beneficiary categories will be given the fellowships:-
- Students holding PhD degrees
- Assistant Professor
- Teachers having 5 years of working experience
The beneficiary who is going to apply for this scholarship program will need to make sure that the age limit possessed by them is as per the age limit or group that has been specified by the selection body which means the applicant must be falling under the age group of 35 years.
List of Covered Allowances
The lists of covered allowances are as follows:-
- Fellowship Amount
- Contingency Grant
- HRA (House Rent Allowance)
Year Wise Fellowship Amount
The year-wise fellowship amounts provided to each student are as follows:-
It doesn’t mean that if the student is pursuing or undertaking PhD or Postdoctoral studies, then he or she will only be given the fellowship amount on the yearly basis. He or she will also be allotted the amount of contingency for meeting unforeseen emergencies in his or her life. A contingency amount of Rs. 1 lakh will be offered to the eligible beneficiary.
Allotment of HRA
The government has also made some provisions to provide HRA (House Rent Allowance) to students in case hostel accommodation is not available in the institution for students. HRA will be paid to the students as per the rules and norms fixed up by the government. The age of the student must be 35 years.
Kothari Fellowship Duration
The duration of the fellowship amount has been fixed by the selection body after carrying out or following the norms and regulations fixed by the government. Students will be given a fellowship amount for 3 Years (36 Months) in the field of study undertaken by them. The student must receive the fellowship letter.
Kothari Fellowship Last Date
It is obvious that the students will be able to get the scholarship registration after applying online under this scholarship. For this, they will also need to get to know the last date by which they can get registration. The last date for online form submission has not yet been released by the selection body. Whenever it is released, we will update you through this article till then you can wait for a moment.
The selection body or entity has also set up some limitations on the beneficiaries who will be considered eligible for applying. Around 500 students will be able to get an advantage provided with this scholarship which means that a target of covering around 500 students have been set up or fixed by the selection body.
Age Relaxation Applicable Beneficiaries
The beneficiaries considered eligible for age relaxation are as follows:-
- Women Candidate
Termination of Kothari Fellowship
The fellowship can be cancelled or terminated in the following cases:-
- Candidate’s Misconduct
- Unsatisfactory progress of research work
- Candidate already availing fellowship from another program
- If the applicant is employed
- False information filled in by the candidate in the application form
Benefits Of Kothari Fellowship
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Students will be able to get financial help and support for pursuing PhD degrees.
- Kothari Fellowship will provide financial stability to the student.
- Students will be able to receive the fellowship amount for the 3 years covering 36 months.
- After the completion of a PhD degree, a contingency fund will also be provided to the student for meeting unforeseen circumstances.
- Students who have not got any hostel accommodation will be given HRA as per the rules.
- In the first year, the student will receive an amount of Rs. Rs. 43,800/- in the form of a fellowship amount.
- The total amount for 3 years will be Rs. 1, 35,300/-.
- Students will be able to build up their careers in the research fields.
- The students can go through the timelines for getting updates regarding the Kothari Fellowship.
- The students will not need to be dependent on their families.
Features Of Kothari Fellowship
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The UGC authorities have launched the Kothari Fellowship.
- After getting the fellowship amount, the student or scholar will need to join the department for a time period of 6 months.
- Only the students undertaking PhD or Postdoctoral courses will be considered eligible for the fellowship amount.
- Each year, the student will be offered the fellowship amount.
- The total fellowship amount will be Rs. 1, 35,300/-.
- A contingency amount of Rs. 1 lakh will also be given to the fellow after the completion of the fellowship period.
- The student must be 35 years old.
- This fellowship will cover the fellowship amount, contingency grant, and HRA.
- For getting more information regarding the Kothari Fellowship, one can visit the official website.
- The students will be urged to apply online for this fellowship before the last date.
Kothari Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this fellowship: –
- The student must have citizenship in India.
- The student must be undertaking a Ph.D. degree or doctorate.
- Assistant professors and Teachers must have 5 years of working experience.
- The student must fall under the age group of 35 years.
- Age Relaxation will only be provided to the student belonging to the SC, ST, OBC, and Women Candidate.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this fellowship are as follows:-
- DOB Certificate
- Educational Certificates
- D Work Summary
- Concept Proposal
- D. Degree Certificate
- NET/SET Certificate
- Reserved Category Certificate if the student belongs to any one reserved caste
- Student’s Identity Card
- Admission Fee Receipt
- Last Year’s Mark Sheet
- Bank Account Passbook Photocopy
- Annual Income Certificate
Process To Apply Online Under Kothari Fellowship
As this fellowship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the Kothari Fellowship is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to read the FAQs:-
- Visit the official website.
- Now you will land on the homepage.
- Click on the FAQ link.
- The FAQs will be displayed.
- Now read them carefully.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points to get contact details:-
- First of all, you will need to visit the official website.
- Now you will be able to see the homepage on your screen.
- Click on the link to Contact Us.
- After that, the contact details will be displayed on your screen.
In case queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Kothari Fellowship, then you may contact this mentioned office address, telephone number, and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- University Grants Commission,
- Bahadur Shah,
- Zafar Marg,
- New Delhi – 110002
- Telephone Number:- 011-23360446
- Email Id:- email@example.com