National Overseas Scholarship Apply Online & Application Form | NOS Benefits & Eligibility | National Overseas Scholarship Check Amount & Last Date | National Overseas Scholarship Portal Login & Registration | National Overseas Scholarship Check Online Status & All Details |
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched the National Overseas Scholarship for awarding the scholarship amounts to students belonging to underprivileged communities such as Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans categories so that they will be able to pursue MA or PhD degree from the abroad university after getting some financial help and support.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the NOS 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
National Overseas Scholarship 2023
For the pursuit of Higher Education among the students belonging to the economically & socially backward classes of society, NOS has been launched so that the student will be able to pursue colleges from abroad colleges situated outside India without suffering from financial difficulties. Around 125 students will be able to get online registration.
All those students who belong to the economically and socially backward classes of society and whose family income is also low and who can’t sustain the admission fees of their college can apply under the National Overseas Scholarship for getting scholarship amounts. The student must be going to pursue MA or PhD degree from a foreign university after getting the admission offer.
Highlights Of NOS Scheme
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows: –
|Name Of The Scholarship||National Overseas Scholarship|
|Launched By||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology |
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
|No. of Delegated Ministry||2|
|Allocated Portal||NOS Portal|
|National Level Portal||National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance to the students to pursue of abroad studies|
|Benefit||Students will be able to get scholarship assistance for their continuation of studies|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Beneficiary Categories||SC, Denotified Nomadic Tribe, Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Landless Agricultural Labourer & Traditional Artisan Categories|
|No. of Beneficiary Categories||5|
|Age Limit||35 years|
|Eligible Degrees||Master’s Degree & Ph.D. Degree|
|No. of Eligible Degrees||2|
|Empanelled Countries||USA & UK|
|No. of Empanelled Countries||2|
|Scholarship Duration||3 to 4 years|
|Period of a portal opening||30 days|
|Total no. of seats reserved||125 seats|
|Registration Fee||No Fee|
|Penalty Charged||In case of submission of wrong information while submitting the application form|
|Mandatory Tests To Pass||IELTS, PTE, GMAT & GRE|
|No. of Mandatory Tests To Pass||4|
|Minimum Marks Cut Off||55%|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Amount of benefit||Variable|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Last Date to Apply Online||31st March 2022|
|Office Address||Shastri Bhawan |
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road,
|Phone No.s||011 23384023|
|Email Id||[email protected]|
Objectives Of National Overseas Scholarship
The main objective of launching the NOS is to provide scholarship amounts to the students belonging to the SC, Denotified Nomadic Tribes, Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisan Categories so that they will be able to carry out abroad studies after getting the financial help and support offered to them. Students can study in the UK and USA .
Another objective of launching the National Overseas Scholarship is to improve and standardize the economic and as well as social status of the students belonging to the Socially and Economically backward classes by providing them with scholarship opportunities for the pursuit of higher courses of studies from the abroad countries situated outside India.
List Of Eligible Beneficiaries
The following beneficiaries will be considered eligible for getting registration under this scholarship:-
- Schedule Caste (SC)
- Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe
- Landless Agricultural Labourers
- Traditional Artisans
List Of Courses Covered
The list of courses covered for providing scholarship amount are as follows:-
|Pure Science||Applied Science||Agriculture|
The lists of eligible degrees are as follows:-
- MA Degree
- Ph.D. Degree
The age limit of the student or applicant will also be taken into consideration, which will serve as selection criteria for determining whether the student must be awarded the scholarship amount or not. The age of the student must not be above 35 years, otherwise, the student will get disqualified from getting the scholarship amounts.
Minimum Marks Cut Off
Fulfilling minimum marks requirements in the last year’s examination is mandatory in order to get admission to a further degree with the help of offered scholarship amount. The student will need to secure 55% marks in the UG degree if he or she has to get admission to MA degree and an the MA degree with 55% marks if admission has got to the PhD degree.
Slot Distribution For Beneficiaries
The details of slot distribution for the beneficiaries are as follows:-
|Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe||06|
|Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans||04|
The students can get admission to the mentioned following countries:-
This scholarship will cover the mentioned following allowances:-
- Annual Maintenance Allowance
- Contingency Allowance
- Tuition Fees
- Visa Fees
- Medical Insurance Premium
- Incidental Journey Allowance
- Poll Tax
Rate Of Scholarship
The rate of scholarship are as follows:-
|Annual Maintenance Allowance||15400 US Dollars||£99000|
|Contingency Allowance||1500 US Dollars||£1100|
|Tuition Fees||Actual As Charged||Actual As Charged|
|Visa Fees||Actual As Charged||Actual As Charged|
|Medical Insurance Premium||Actual As Charged||Actual As Charged|
|Incidental Journey Allowance||20 US Dollars||Actual As Charged|
|Poll Tax||Actual As Charged||Actual As Charged|
Manadatory Tests To Pass
The following tests are mandatory for passing:-
Some of the important information issued by the government are as follows:-
- Scholarship amount will be provided to the students of other categories if there will be sufficiency of the seats allocated for the eligible beneficiaries.
- 30% of the scholarship amount quota will be reserved for the women candidates but in case the women are not present in the proper quantity then it will be allocated to the male candidates.
- Those students will not be considered eligible for getting a scholarship if they are already been studying for education abroad.
- Only those scholars will be considered eligible who belong to the SC, Denotified Nomadic Tribe, Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Landless Agricultural Labourer and Traditional Artisan Categories.
- Opening of the portal for this scholarship every year will be open for 30 days.
- Only those scholarship applications will be accepted who have submitted all the required important documents and have fulfilled the eligibility criteria marked by the government.
Annual Income Limit
The student’s annual income limit or slab must not exceed to the value of income slab set up or fixed by the selection body. The annual income of the student’s family must be Rs. 8,00,000/- from the all earning sources. The students will get debarred whose annual income limit exceed to this value.
Only those students will be considered eligible for getting this scholarship amount if they have received the admission letter or acceptance from a foreign university. Then after this concern officials will prepare a merit list containing the list of eligible beneficiaries based on the marks they have attained in their previous year’s examination. After that, a provisional scholarship letter will be provided to the eligible beneficiaries.
The scholarship amount provided to the student will be based on the educational qualification which the applicant possesses and this will also determine the duration for which the applicant must get the scholarship amount. The scholarship will be given for the duration or period of 4 years to those students who are pursuing a Ph.D. and the scholarship will be given for 3 years who are pursuing their Bachelor’s degree from the recognized University.
Debarment Of Scholarship Amount
The student will not be able to get this scholarship amount provided by the government for their studies abroad in case they have suspected or found false information provided to them while the submission of required documents. They will be forbidden from getting this scholarship amount and some rate of penalty will be charged to them which will have to be paid out by them.
Extension Of NOS Portal Date
The government has extended the last date to apply under the National Overseas Scholarship which is 31st March 2022. On this date, the concerned officials will accept the applications submitted by the eligible beneficiaries till midnight. This will provide a great opportunity to all those candidates who have left out to get applied. For getting more information students are advised to read the scheme guidelines provided on the portal.
Benefits of National Overseas Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- National Overseas Scholarship will provide financial assistance to the students of belonging to Economically and socially backward communities.
- Students will be able to get some form of financial help and support.
- Around 125 students will be able to get the scholarships.
- Students falling under the age group of 35 years will get faster registration.
- Students will be able to get the scholarship amounts on the monthly basis.
- The students will be able to pursue a higher course of studies from the abroad countries.
- Students will be given the scholarship amount for the duration of 3 to 4 years.
- The scholarship amounts provided to the students will cover major allowances.
- The students will need to apply online under the National Overseas Scholarship before the last date.
- Indian students will receive these scholarship amounts in the EUROS and US Dollars format.
Features of NOS
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched the National Overseas Scholarship.
- This scholarship will be provided to the students are holding the categories of Socially and Economically Backward classes.
- The student must belong to the age limit of 35 years.
- The student must be undertaking PG or Ph.D. Degree.
- There are around 6 courses of studies which have been offered to the students for pursuing.
- Securing 55% marks in the previous year’s exam is a must.
- Around 125 seats have been reserved for the students belonging to the different categories.
- The students must pass the English language proficiency tests which have been made mandatory by the selection body.
- The scholars will be urged to apply online under the National Overseas Scholarship before the last date.
- For getting more information, the students will need to visit the official website.
The applicants will need to possess the mentioned-below eligibility criteria for getting scholarship registration under this scheme:-
- The applicant must be a permanent citizen of India.
- The student or scholar must belong to the categories such as SC, Denotified Nomadic Tribe, Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Landless Agricultural Labourer and Traditional Artisan Categories.
- The student must secure 55% of the marks in their previous year’s examination.
- The age of the applicant must be 35 years.
- The annual income of the applicant must be equal to Rs. 8 lacs.
- Only two children out of the family will be considered eligible for getting this enrollment.
- Students must be pursuing a MA and PhD degree from a foreign University.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- Caste Certificate
- Scanned Signature
- Current Address Proof
- Qualifying Degree/Provisional Certificate
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Valid Document regarding admission in Foreign University
- Income documents of all family members
- Employer’s NOC Certificate (if applicant is employed)
- Gap certificate (in case there is gap of more than 6 months after completing qualifying
- ITR acceptance document
Process To Apply Online Under National Overseas Scholarship
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting online registration under this scholarship:-
- First of all, the applicant will first need to visit and open the Official Website of the NOS Portal.
- Then you will get land on the homepage of this site.
- Click on the menu bar.
- Now click on the Login Button.
- The login page will be displayed on your screen.
- Here you will need to click on the button Register Yourself.
- Now the registration form will get displayed on your screen.
- Here you will need to fill this form correctly after reading each column carefully.
- After entering all the relevant details, click on the Submit button.
To Do Login
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points to do login on to the portal:-
- Visit and open the official website.
- Now you will be able to see the homepage.
- Click on the menu bar.
- Click on the link to Login.
- A login form will get displayed on your screen.
- Fill this form correctly after reading each column such as:-
- User Id
- Captcha Code
- Then click on the Sign In button.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for downloading forms on the portal:-
- Open and visit the official website.
- Then you will be able to see the homepage.
- Click on the menu bar.
- Then click on the Download Forms button.
- A new page will be displayed showing relevant links to the relevant forms.
- Click on any one link as per your choice of requirement.
- The PDF of the clicked link will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can also download it by clicking on the download button.
- Then the PDF will get available on your device.
Downloading Scheme Guidelines
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for downloading scheme guidelines on the portal:-
- To download, you will need first to visit and open the official website.
- Then you will land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, click on the button Click Now under the section of Scheme Guidelines.
- The PDF file of this link will get displayed on your screen.
- Click on the download button.
- The PDF file on your device will get stored.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for checking results on the portal:-
- Visit the Official Website of the National Overseas Portal.
- Now after that you will be able to see the homepage.
- Look under the section of Results.
- Click on the link to Click Now.
- A new page will be displayed showing relevant links.
- Click on any one link as per your choice of requirement.
- The PDF file of this clicked link will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can check the result by scrolling through the PDF pages.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting contact details on the portal:-
- First of all, you will need to visit and open the official website.
- The homepage will get displayed.
- Click on the menu bar.
- Then click on the button to Contact Us.
- Contact details will get shown on your screen.
- Now you can check the details.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the National Overseas Scholarship, then you may contact this mentioned-below Office Address, phone nos. and email Id:-
- Office Address
- Shastri Bhawan
- Dr Rajendra Prasad Road,
- New Delhi-110001
- Phone Nos : 011 23384023, 011 23381930
- Email ID:- [email protected]