Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award Benefits & Features | Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize Check Prize Amount & Last Date | SSB Award/ Prize Registration & Login Portal | Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award Check Age Limit & All Details |
The CSIR authorities have launched the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize so that the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research will be able to provide cash prizes to Indian researchers who have done research work for a duration of 5 years. The eligible field of research will be Science & Technology.
Through this article you will get all the information regarding Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award such as objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, and important documents, etc. beside with that, we will bring up-to-date with the step-by-step application procedure for applying online under this prize (Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award).
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2023
A cash prize of Rs. 5,00,000/- will be provided to the Indian researchers who have done outstanding performance or investment in the field of science and technology. This award will be provided to them under the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize. Attaining 5 years of minimum research experience is a must. There are around 8 fields of study offered to the fellow for research work.
Indian Researchers who belong to the age group of 45 years can apply online under the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for getting or receiving a cash prize of Rs. 5, 00,000/- in the field of Science & Technology. The beneficiaries must be delegated to those fields which have been made mandatory by the selection body.
Highlights of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2023
The highlights of this prize (Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award) are as follows:-
|Name Of The Prize||Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize|
|Known As||Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award|
|Launched By||Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Allocated Portal||(Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar) SSB Portal|
|Delegated Council||Council of Scientific & Industrial Research|
|Objective||To provide cash prizes to the researchers|
|Benefit||Researchers will get recognition|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Beneficiary Category||Indian Researchers|
|Age Limit||45 Years|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Cash Prize|
|Scholarship Renewal||Research Work|
|Scholarship Transferral||One Time Payment|
|Amount of benefit||Rs. 5 Lakhs|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Tenure||1 Year (12 Months)|
|Last Date of Online Form Submission||Will be updated soon|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Office Address||Human Resource Development Group|
|Telephone Number||+ 91 – 011 – 25848632,25841585|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
The primary objective of launching the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize is to provide a cash prize of Rs. 5, 00,000/- so that the Indian researchers will be able to get some form of financial help and support for doing research in the field of Science & Technology for the time period of 5 years.
Another objective of launching the SSB Prize is to provide recognition in the form of cash prizes so that the researchers will get the cash prize amount for doing research work. This will recognize outstanding Indian researchers in the field of research in the area of Science & Technology.
Eligible Fields of Research Under Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
The lists of eligible fields of research are as follows:-
|Biological Sciences||Chemical Sciences|
|Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences,||Engineering Sciences|
|Mathematical Sciences||Medical Sciences|
The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research has set up the age limit or group that will be applicable to the beneficiary applying online under Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize. So the beneficiary will need to go through the age group before applying online. The beneficiary must belong to the age group of 45 years.
The beneficiaries or Indian researchers will be able to receive the cash prize or benefit which has been fixed by the selection body such as CSIR. To each eligible beneficiary, the CSIR will grant an amount of Rs. 5, 00,000/-. This cash prize amount will be offered to the beneficiary on a yearly basis.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize Last Date
The last date for online form submission for the year 2022 was 31st March 2022 for receiving the application forms for the candidates enrolling in the year 2022. Now the new year 2023 has arrived, the last date to apply online for this scholarship this year has not been updated yet. Whenever it will get updated, we will update you.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award Selection Criteria
The fellows will be selected on the basis of mentioned below selection criteria:-
- Age Limit
- Research Performance
SSB Prize Awardees
The list of SSB prize awardees are as follows:-
|Awardee Name||Academic Field|
|Dr Amit Singh|
Dr Arun Kumar Shukla
|Dr Kanishka Biswas|
Dr T Govindaraju
|Dr Binoy Kumar Saikia||Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
|Dr Debdeep Mukhopadhyay||Engineering Sciences|
|Dr Anish Ghosh|
Dr Saket Saurabh
|Dr Jeemon Panniyammakal|
Dr Rohit Srivastava
|Dr Kanak Saha||Physical Sciences|
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards Declared After Delay
On Monday, the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards for 2022 were announced. This top science prize in India was delayed by a year but surprised everyone with its selection of 12 young scientists. The announcement was made at the launch event of the ‘One Week One Lab’ program by CSIR-NIScPR. Typically, these awards are given out on September 26, the birthday of CSIR.
Celebrating Science: New Books and Importance of Communication
Union Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Jitendra Singh, launched two books, “Collection of 80 articles of Viggyan Pragati magazine” and “CSIR@80 A Photo journey.” Dr. N. Kalaiselvi, Director General of CSIR, emphasized the importance of science communication in the present era and praised NIScPR for its successful work in bridging the gap between scientists and the general public.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize Awardees
The list of awardees of this prize are as follows:-
|Field||Awardee Name||Center or Institute|
|Biology||Ashwani Kumar||CSIR – Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh|
|Chemistry||Akkattu BijuDebabrta MaitiVimal Mishra||Indian Institute of Science, BengaluruIIT BombayIIT Gandhinagar|
|Engineering||Dipti Ranjan SahooRajnish Kumar||IIT DelhiIIT Madras|
|Mathematics||Apoorva KhareNeeraj Kayal||Indian Institute of Science, BengaluruMicrosoft Research Lab, India|
|Medicine||Dipyaman Ganguli||CSIR Indian Institute of Chemical Biology|
|Physics||Anindya DasBasudeb Dasgupta||Indian Institute of Science, BengaluruTIFR Mumbai|
Benefits of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
The benefits of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award are as follows:-
- Indian researchers will be able to get some form of recognition and awards offered under the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize.
- Eligible beneficiaries will be able to get financial help and support of Rs. 5, 00,000/-.
- Researchers doing research in the field of Science & Technology will be able to get the cash prize.
- Researchers belonging to the age group of 45 years will be able to secure their seats.
- Indian citizens will be considered eligible for applying.
- More and more researchers will be inspired for carrying out research studies.
- Researchers with good or excellent records will be given the first cash prize amount.
- One can apply online under the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award before the last date.
- A minimum of 5 years of research periods is required.
- There will be a promotion and adoption of Science & Technology.
Features of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
The futures of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award are as follows:-
- The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research has launched the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize.
- A cash prize of Rs. 5,00,000/- will be provided to the researchers.
- This prize will be applicable to Indian Researchers.
- The researcher must have done excellent research in the Science & Technology field.
- The age limit of the researcher must be equal to 45 years.
- The cash prize will be awarded to the beneficiary on an annual basis.
- The beneficiary must have invested or contributed 5 years of a research project.
- The researcher must have done research in the delegated field of studies.
- The last date to apply online under the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award will be updated soon.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize Eligibility Criteria
For applying online under this prize, the applicant must possess the following criteria mentioned below:-
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be a researcher.
- The age of the applicant must be 45 years.
- The minimum time period of 5 years is a must for Indian researchers.
- The researcher must have done research in that eligible field that has been listed as eligible.
Important Documents for Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
Some of the important documents required to apply online under this prize are as given below:-
- Residence Certificate
- Age Proof
- DOB Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
Process To Apply Online Under Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize
As this prize has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned-below points for getting contact details on the portal:-
- Visit the official website first.
- Scroll down the page until you will reach the bottom side of your screen.
- Click on the link to Contact Us.
- The contact details will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the contact details.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Contact Information
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, then you may contact this mentioned office address, telephone number, and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Human Resource Development Group
- CSIR Complex,
- Library Avenue,
- Telephone Number:- + 91 – 011 – 25848632,25841585
- Email Id:– [email protected]