Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 Apply Online & Application Form | Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Benefits & Eligibility | Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Check Amount & Last Date | Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Portal Login & Registration | Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Check Online Status & All Details |
The Government of Canada has launched the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for awarding fellowships to scholars who are pursuing PhD and postdoctoral studies and also want to pursue their degrees in the foreign. Students with good academic records or merit performance will be given fellowship preferences first. Fellowships will be given on an annual basis.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and Important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online for this fellowship. To get complete information about this fellowship initiative, read this article till the end.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
The Canadian Government has launched the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships so that scholars who want to pursue their research and postdoctoral studies will be able to pursue them after getting accommodation facilities. A stipend of 70,000 CAD will be given each year to the applicant. The Beneficiary List will be prepared on a merit basis.
Canadian students who want to pursue research in the areas of Health research, Natural sciences, Engineering and Social sciences or Humanities will be able to pursue so after getting the fellowship amounts offered under the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships. Around 70 fellows will be able to get the fellowships. This fellowship will be provided to the student for 2 years.
Highlights Of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows: –
|Name Of The Fellowships
|Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
|To provide a portal for higher or further studies
|Students will be able to pursue their further studies in Canada
|Canadian Residents & Non-Canadian Residents
|Students pursuing postdoctoral studies or Health Professional Degree
|CIHR, NSERC & SSHRC
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|Amount of benefit
|Tenure Of Fellowships
|One Time Payment
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Canadian Institutes of Health Research
160 Elgin Street,
Ottawa ON K1A 0W9
Objectives Of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The major objective of launching the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is to attract top-tier doctoral students or fellows to undertake research-based study at Canadian universities so that they will be able to develop their potential leadership skills. Around 70 fellows will be able to get the fellowship amounts. One can apply online before the last date for applying online.
Another objective of launching the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is to provide a fellowship amount of CAD 70,000/- on an annual basis so that the students who want to take research-based study into account will be able to do so. Fellowship renewal is possible in case the student has satisfied the eligibility criteria.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Deadline
As the last date to apply online for this scholarship has been launched, now the students can apply online before the last date. The last date for online form submission will be 14th July 2024 by which the students can apply online. After getting online registration on time, the students will get rid of server-hanging issues.
The student or scholar must belong to that beneficiary category that has been fixed or set up by the selection body. Students going to apply for this fellowship will need to know that this fellowship will only be provided to the students residing in Canada country pursuing research or Ph.D. Degree in eligible fields of courses.
Each year, this fellowship is awarded to only those number of students which has been fixed by the selection body for which the students will be awarded the fellowship amounts. A target of covering around 70 fellows has been set up each year which means that around 70 fellows will be able to get or receive the fellowship amounts who have fulfilled the eligibility criteria.
List Of Covered Courses
The list of covered courses is as follows:-
- Health research
- Natural sciences
- Social sciences or Humanities
The students will be selected based on the mentioned selection criteria:-
- Research Excellence
- Leadership Qualities
- Applicant’s Relationship with the host institution
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Amount
The scholars who have registered themselves under this Fellowship will be given an amount of 70,000 CAD on an annual basis. Fellowships will only be given to the students after carrying out the selection procedure for the preparation of the beneficiary list. Fellowship renewal is possible in case the student has satisfied the eligibility criteria.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Duration
This fellowship amount will be provided to the students for the stipulated amount of time or the duration which has been fixed for awarding the fellowship amounts. The duration of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships will be 2 years consisting of 24 months. After that, the students can also approach fellowship renewal.
List Of Delegated Agencies
The list of delegated agencies is as follows:-
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Benefits Of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Lakhs of students will be able to pursue their professional degrees.
- Students who want to pursue postdoctoral studies in Canada will be able to pursue them after getting registration under the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Students will be able to develop their potential leadership skills.
- Fellowship renewal is possible in case the student has satisfied the eligibility criteria.
- This will provide opportunities for the students to explore their career interests in the Canadian country.
- Fellowships will be given on an annual basis.
- This fellowship will be provided to the student for the duration of 2 years.
- There are around 70 Fellowships which will be offered to the scholars.
- Meritorious and talented students will be given fellowships first.
- One can apply online under the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship before the last date to get timely registration.
Features Of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The Canadian Government has launched the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- This fellowship will be provided to students pursuing Postdoctoral and Professional Health Degree Programs.
- Fellowships will be given on the merit performance of the student shown on their records.
- The fellowship amount will be given at one time.
- A fellowship amount of $ 70,000/- will be given on a yearly basis.
- A fellowship will be given for a tenure of 2 years.
- There are around 70 fellowships which will be offered to the scholars.
- One can get registration under the Health research, Natural sciences, Engineering and Social sciences or Humanities.
- The last date to apply online under the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship will be updated soon.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to possess the mentioned-below eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this fellowship:-
- This fellowship will be applicable to both the citizens of Canada and others.
- Students must be pursuing Ph.D. or health professional programs.
- The student must be pursuing research in the areas of Health research, Natural sciences, Engineering and Social sciences or Humanities.
- Those students will not be given any fellowship allowance who are already getting fellowship amount under the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- The fellowship amount will be given for 1 time in a lifetime.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this fellowship are as follows:-
- A passport photocopy of the student
- Last year’s diploma and educational certificates
- English language proficiency certificate attested copy
- Two letters of recommendation
Process To Apply Online Under Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
As this fellowship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned-below points to get contact details on the portal:-
- Visit the official website first.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Then scroll through the page until you reach the bottom side of your screen.
- Click on the link to Contact Us.
- Now the contact details will be displayed on your screen.
- In this way, you will be able to see the contact details.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, then you may contact this mentioned office address and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- 160 Elgin Street,
- 9th Floor
- Address Locator
- Ottawa ON K1A 0W9
- Email Id:- email@example.com