Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Check Amount & Last Date | Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Registration & Login Portal | Check Online Status & All Details |
Now students who are pursuing or undertaking college-based degrees can apply online under the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship for getting the fellowship amount of Rs. 50,000/- on the monthly basis. This fellowship has been actively launched with the collaboration of IIM Bangalore and the Ministry of Skill Development. There are around 9 IIMS delegated with the tasks or providing scholarships.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about this fellowship like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process to apply online for this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship, read this article till the end.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023
The Ministry of Skill Development has launched the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship for providing an amount of fellowships to students undertaking UG or PG degree courses in professional courses. This fellowship will provide them with help and support for completing their current studies. Each month, the student will be able to get an amount of Rs. 50,000/- in the form of a fellowship.
Students who are pursuing or undertaking 1st and 2nd-year degree of college-based degrees will be able to get fellowship amounts of Rs. 50,000/- to Rs.60,000/- after getting online registration offered under the MGNF. This fellowship amount will be provided to each eligible fellow on the monthly basis.
Highlights Of Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Fellowship||Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship|
|Launched By||Ministry of Skill Development|
|Collaborated By||IIM Bangalore|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Allocated Portal||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore Portal|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to the students for pursuing professional courses in the UG and Pg degree|
|Benefit||Students will be able to get paid their fees|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Eligible Degrees||UG & PG Degrees|
|No. of Eligible Degrees||2|
|Age Limit||21 to 32 Years|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Attendance Record||70% Attendance Record|
|Fellowship Transferral||Yearly Basis|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Application Fee Charges||Rs. 500/-|
|Last Date of Online Form Submission||27th March 2023|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship Amount|
|Fellowship Amount||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 60,000/-|
|Fellowship Duration||2 Years|
|Selection Parameters||Entrance & Written test performance|
|No. of Selection Parameters||2|
|Office Address||Indian Institute of Management,|
India – 560076
|Phone Number||+91-80- 26993000 / 26582450|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives Of Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023
The main objective of launching the MGNF is to bring talented and competent development leaders who will be able to understand the ecosystem of skill development and will also be able to improve the district administration with the help of skill development program delivery. There will be a creation of a cadre of individuals.
Another objective of launching the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship is to offer an amount of Rs. 50,000/- on the monthly basis to the students pursuing college-based study so that they will be able to carry out their studies till the completion of the course duration without suffering from any kind of financial instabilities.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Timelines
The timelines of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Fresh Opening of Registration Forms||13th February 2023|
|Last Date of Online Form Submission||27th March 2023|
|Conduction of Written Entrance Test||18th July 2023|
|Conduction of Interview Test||2nd to 4th week of May 2023|
|Commencement of Result||Mid-July 2023|
The student or applicant will need to possess that beneficiary category that has been set up or fixed by the selection body. The student or applicant who is going to get online registration for this scholarship will need to know in advance that this scholarship will only be applicable to students who are carrying out 1st or 2nd year of college-based degrees.
The student or applicant will also need to ensure that the age limit prescribed by the government for the selection of eligible beneficiaries, must be obtained or possessed by the student while making registration on the portal. The student must fall under the age group of 21 Years to 30 Years.
The lists of eligible degrees are as follows:-
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
The lists of eligible subjects for applying online under this fellowship are as follows:-
- Social Science
The fellowship given to the fellow will get changed in the 2 years after the completion of 1 year of fellowship amount. In 1st year, a fellowship amount of Rs. 50,000/- will be granted and after the completion of 1st-year, a fellowship amount of Rs. 60,000/- will begin provided to them.
The students will be able to receive the fellowship amount for that duration or amount of time or period that has been set up or fixed by the selection body for the disbursement of fellowship amounts. All those students who are undertaking UG degrees and PG degrees from that college will be given the fellowship amount for the duration of 2 years.
Award of Certificate
Students who have completed their degree from the recognized university will also be given the award of certificate by the IIM Visakhapatnam but for this, the students will need to complete the degree along with getting the fellowship amounts. The name of the certificate will be “Certificate in Public Policy and Management” which will be given or awarded to each eligible fellow.
MGNF Phase Details
The phase details of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Phase||Fellows Granted Fellowships|
|Phase 1||69 Fellows|
|Phase 2||661 Fellows|
Application Enrollment Charges
There are some provisions fixed by the government on the application enrollment which will have to be paid out to the applicant while submitting the form on the portal. The student or applicant will be liable to pay an amount of Rs. 500 in the form of a registration fee or charges. He or she can use the net banking method for getting paid out their charges.
List Of Delegated IIMs
The lists of delegated IIMs are as follows:-
|IIM-Ahmadabad||IIM Nagpur||IIM Bangalore|
|IIM Jammu||IIM Kozhikode||IIM Lucknow|
|IIM Ranchi||IIM Udaipur||IIM Visakhapatnam|
List Of Selection Parameters
Some of the selection parameters fixed by the selection body are as follows:-
- Commitment Towards Work
- Passionate For Skill or Rural Development
- Skill of Adaptability
- Skill of Perseverance
The exam pattern and details are as follows:-
|Question Type||Objective Type Questions|
|Total Question Asked||100 Questions|
|Sections Covered||General Awareness|
|Marks Given for Correct Answers||+3 marks|
|Deducted marks for wrong answers||-1|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
The program structure will be carried out on the basis of 4 academic modules consisting of 13 days as per follows:-
|Academic Module||Academic Teaching||Workshop||Orientation/Exam & Evaluation||Duration|
Components of Academic Structure
The components of this structure are as follows:-
|Broad Areas||Weightage (Indicative)|
|Public Policy & Economic Development||20%|
|Skills, Livelihoods & Entrepreneurship||25%|
Benefits Of Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship will provide financial assistance to the students for pursuing college-based studies.
- Students will be given the fellowship amounts in the form of a monthly stipend.
- An award of the certificate will also be provided to the fellows upon the completion of the degree.
- The student will need to possess the age limit which has been specified by the selection body.
- Applicants will be able to get the fellowship amounts on the monthly basis for the duration of 2 years.
- Around 69 fellows have been granted fellowships in phase 1.
- No marks will be deducted for the unattempted questions.
- This fellowship amount provided to the students will cover major allowances.
- The students will need to apply online under the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship before the last date.
- Students who have qualified for the written and interview test will be able to get fellowship amounts.
Features Of Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The Ministry of Skill Development has launched the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship.
- This fellowship will only be provided to students falling under the age group of 21 to 30 years.
- The student must be undertaking a professional course of studies.
- Students will need to get enrollment or admission to the courses which have been considered eligible.
- The rate of fellowship will be Rs. 50,000/-.
- “Certificate in Public Policy and Management” that will be given or awarded to each eligible fellow after the completion of their degree.
- The duration of the fellowship will be 2 years covering 24 months.
- The students will need to conduct the objective-type questions.
- Submission of Rs. 500/- in the form of an application charge is a must.
- The scholars will be urged to apply online under the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship before the last date.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this scholarship: –
- The student must be a permanent resident of India.
- The student must be pursuing UG or PG degree in the professional course.
- The student must be pursuing studies from the mentioned following IIM states:-
- The age of students must be between the age group of 21 to 30 years.
- The student must be pursuing a PG degree in major subjects such as Engineering, Law, Medicine and Social Science, etc.
- The student must have acquired 3 years of working experience in the non-profit sector for the welfare of rural regions.
- The student must have some proficiency in the official language used by the state in which he or she lives.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Educational Certificates
- Fee Receipt
- Recommendation Letter
- Annual Income Certificate
- Bank account details
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Working Email ID Address
- Active Mobile Number
Process To Apply Online Under Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
As this fellowship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship, then you may contact this mentioned below office address, phone number and email ID:-
- Office Address
- Indian Institute of Management,
- Bannerghatta Road,
- India – 560076
- Phone No:- +91-80- 26993000 / 26582450
- Email ID:- [email protected]