India MEXT Scholarship Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | India MEXT Scholarship View Amount & Last Date | India MEXT Scholarship Registration & Login Portal | View Online Status & All Details |
Now Indian students can pursue or undertake a higher course of studies such as UG, PG and PhD after getting online registration offered under the MEXT Scholarship. Students will be able to get the scholarship amounts on the monthly basis in the YEN currency formats. The students will be completely exempted or reimbursed from paying the tuition fees.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about India MEXT Scholarship 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
MEXT Scholarship 2023
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) has launched the MEXT Scholarship so that the students who hope to receive UG, PG, and Doctoral studies in Japan will be able to pursue it. Students pursuing UG or PG will be considered eligible for getting scholarship assistance.
Japanese MEXT has launched the India MEXT Scholarship so that they will be able to provide financial or educational support to students who want to pursue their UG, PG, Doctoral and training studies and will be able to complete them after getting scholarship assistance. Students holding good academic records will be given 100% fee reimbursement.
Highlights Of MEXT Scholarship Scheme
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||MEXT Scholarship|
|Known as||India MEXT Scholarship|
|Launched By||Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT)|
|Delegated Areas||Education, Culture, Science & Sports|
|No. of Delegated Areas||4|
|National Level Portal||National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to students for pursuing higher education in Japan|
|Benefit||100% fee reimbursement will be provided on the monthly basis|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Beneficiary Categories||UG Students|
|No. Of Beneficiary Categories||3|
|Age Limit||17 to 35 Years|
|Scholarship Renewal||50% to 60% in the previous year’s examination|
|Attendance Record||75% Attendance Record|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Amount of benefit||117,000 Yen Per Month|
|Scholarship Amount Duration||UG = 5 years |
PG = 3 Years
PhD = 4 years
|Covered Degrees||BA to PhD|
|No. of Covered Degrees||3|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Office Address||Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)|
Objectives Of MEXT Scholarship
The main objective of launching the India MEXT Scholarship is to provide a portal by which the students hoping to receive higher or further studies in the Japanese country will be able to continue or pursue after getting scholarship assistance provided to them. This scholarship will also cover the examination and tuition fees.
Another objective of launching the India MEXT Scholarship is to assist students with scholarships for pursuing their further studies at Japan University for pursuing an MA or PhD degree. Scholarships will be provided for 5 years depending on the course that the student is pursuing. This scholarship will only be applied or provided to Indian students.
List Of Offered Degrees
The list of offered degrees are as follows:-
- UG or Bachelor Of Arts
- PG or Master Of Arts
- PhD or Postdoctoral Research
List of Offered Courses
The lists of offered courses are as follows:-
- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs (PhD)
- College of Technology Programs
- Specialized Training Programs
List Of Covered Areas
The list of covered areas are as follows:-
- Science & Technology
Major Field of Study
The Major fields of study offered by this scholarship are as follows:-
|Social Science||History||Civil Engineering|
|Law||Japanese Language||Architecture Chemical Studies|
|Politics||Economics Business Administration||Agriculture Studies|
|Pedagogy||Science Electric Studies||Hygienic Studies|
Amount Of Scholarship
The students pursuing any course of the program from the Japanese University will be given the scholarship amount after carrying out the selection procedure for the selection of eligible beneficiaries. Students will be given an amount of 117,000 Yen/ Month based on the written test passed by him/her. This scholarship amount will cover all other expenses.
The list of covered allowances are as follows:-
- Monthly Stipend Allowance
- Preparatory Allowance
- Traveling Expenses
- Accommodation Allowance
Degree Wise Scholarship Tenure
The scholarship tenure of each degree are as follows:-
Degree Wise Age Limit
The age limit defined for each degree holder are as follows:-
|UG Degree||Minimum = 17 Years |
Maximum = 25 Years
|PG Degree||Minimum = 18 Years |
Maximum = 35 Years
|PhD Degree||Minimum = 18 Years |
Maximum = 35 Years
The associated partners of MEXT are as follows:-
- Japan Sports Agency
- Agency For Cultural Affairs
- Japan National Commission For UNESCO
Benefits Of MEXT Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Students will be able to pursue their further studies after getting registration under the MEXT Scholarship.
- The longer scholarship duration will be valid for PhD degree.
- Students will be able to get a monthly stipend for living in Japan.
- This scholarship will cover the examination and tuition fees.
- The duration of the scholarship amount provided to the UG students will be from 4 to 5 years.
- Students holding a PhD degree will be given a scholarship for 4 years.
- Both Traveling Expenses and Accommodation Allowance will be given to the students.
- Applicants who possess excellent communication in English speaking or writing will have the advantage to get faster registration under the MEXT Scholarship.
- Lakhs of students will be able to fulfill their dreams of pursuing higher or further studies.
- Students will not have to compromise on their study dreams.
Features Of MEXT Scholarship
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology has launched the India MEXT Scholarship.
- This scholarship will only be applicable or provided to Indian students.
- This will apply to the students who want to pursue UG, PG, PhD and other higher courses from Japan.
- The educational qualification of the student will determine the course of duration for which the scholarship amount will be provided to him/her.
- An amount of 117,000 Yen Per Month will be given to the student in the form of a scholarship or monthly stipend.
- This scholarship amount will also cover the examination and tuition fees of the applicant.
- The student must belong to the age limit of 17 to 25 years in case he or she is pursuing a UG degree.
- For the PG degree, the age limit must be 18 to 35 years of age.
- Stipends will also be provided under the MEXT Scholarship to the students on the monthly basis.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
The applicants will need to possess the mentioned-below eligibility criteria for getting online registration under this scholarship:-
- The student must belong to the Indian Country.
- The applicant must have proficiency in the English Language.
- The students pursuing UG courses must be at least 17 years old and the maximum age limit is 25 years.
- The age of the PG Course applicant must be equal to 18 years.
- Students pursuing PhD degree must attain the age limit of 18 to 35 years.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- India MEXT Scholarship Application Form
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Educational Certificates
- Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport
- Scanned Copy of the Passport
- Statement of Purpose
- Academic Thesis
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume attested copy
Process To Apply Online Under MEXT Scholarship
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the MEXT Scholarship will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the MEXT Scholarship, then you may contact this mentioned below office address and telephone number:-
- Office Address
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- 3-2-2 Kasumigaseki,
- Tokyo 100-8959,
- Telephone Number:- +81-(0)3-5253-4111