National Merit Scholarship 2023 Benefits & Features | National Merit Scholarship Check Offered Rewards & Beneficiary Categories | National Merit Scholarship Check Stipend Rate & Competition Rounds | National Merit Scholarship Check Winner List & Documents | National Merit Scholarship Check Eligibility & All Details |
National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) has launched the National Merit Scholarship so that the students wanting to carry out the scholarship after passing the merit-based test will be able to do so. Students who qualify for this test are known as National Merit Scholars. This scholarship will be applicable to high school graduating seniors.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the National Merit Scholarship 2023 like objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, and important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship, read this article till the end.
National Merit Scholarship
All those students who have qualified or passed the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) will be granted variable stipend rates offered under the National Merit Scholarship. After qualifying for this test, the students are recognized as semifinalists and then they get nominated as a finalist. Students who are planning to enroll in full-time college degrees will also be considered eligible to apply online.
Students who have qualified or passed the National Merit Scholarship will be named National Merit Scholars and will be categorized into the competition rounds of Semifinalist and Finalist. Before applying, students will need to go through the syllabus and exam details in order to sit in the examination hall at the time of carrying out this exam.
Highlights Of National Merit Scholarship 2023
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||National Merit Scholarship|
|Launched By||National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC)|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Allotted Portal||National Merit Portal|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to students on the basis of merit performance|
|Benefit||The students will be able to get scholarships|
|Applicable to||Citizens of USA|
|Beneficiary Categories||High School and College Students|
|No. Of Beneficiary Categories||2|
|Mode of Transfer||DBT|
|Payment Mechanism||E-Payment Mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Rewards|
|Offered Rewards||Letter of Commendation, Certificate of Merit, and Stipends|
|No. Of Offered Rewards||3|
|Stipend Rate||$500/- to $2,000/- Per Annum|
|Transferable Type||Yearly Basis|
|Host Site||NIC (National Information Centre)|
|Competition Rounds||Semifinalist & Finalist|
|No. Of Competition Rounds||2|
|Last Date To Apply Online||Will be updated soon|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 45 Minutes|
|Office Address||National Merit Scholarship Corporation|
1560 Sherman Avenue,
|Phone No||(847) 866-5100|
Objectives Of National Merit Scholarship
The major objective of launching the National Merit Scholarship is to create a national pool of talents where the students with distinctive academic excellence or merits will be able to get the scholarship amounts after passing or qualifying for the examination test provided to them. The students can go through the exam syllabus in order to prepare themselves.
Another objective of launching the National Merit Scholarship is to provide a portal or interface where the school and college enrolling students will get an opportunity for competing with their competitors while showing their skills, aptitude, and knowledge after conducting this test named Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT).
This scholarship will be applicable to the below-mentioned beneficiaries:-
- High School Senior Students
- Students enrolling in colleges on a full-time basis
The following skills will be required by the students at the time of participation:-
- Critical Reading Ability
- Mathematics Problem-Solving Ability
- Writing Ability
PSAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of this test is as follows:-
|Name of Test||PSAT ( Preliminary SAT)|
|Sections Covered||Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (Reading) |
Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (Writing & Language)
|Exam Duration||2 Hour 45 Minutes|
|Total Asked Questions||139 Questions|
Section Wise Exam Duration
The exam duration provided for each section is as follows:-
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (Reading)||60 Minutes|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (Writing & Language)||35 Minutes|
|Maths (No Calculator)||25 Minutes|
|Maths (Calculator)||45 Minutes|
|Total Exam Duration||2 Hours 45 Minutes|
Section Wise Asked Questions
The following no. Of questions will be asked in each section:-
|Section||Total No. Of Asked Questions|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (Reading)||47|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (Writing & Language)||44|
|Maths (No Calculator)||17|
There are 2 competition rounds as per follows:-
The students who have been categorized under the competition levels of Semifinalist and Finalist will get the offered rewards that will be given to them after winning this scholarship test based on their merit performance. The students will also be offered or given stipends on an annual basis. The rate of the stipend will range from $500/- to $2,000/-.
The following rewards will be offered to the winners:-
- Letter of Commendation
- Certificate of Merit
National Merit Scholarship Winners List
The list of winners of this scholarship is as follows:-
|John C. Malone||1959|
|Evelynn M. Hammonds||1971|
|Lisa P. Jackson||1979|
|B. Alvin Drew||1980|
|M. Night Shyamalan||1988|
|Howard Steven Friedman||1989|
Benefits Of National Merit Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The students will be able to get the scholarship amounts on the basis of merit performance.
- Both school and college-going students will be considered eligible to apply online.
- This will develop and expand the student’s knowledge, skills, and aptitude.
- Each winner will be given or awarded stipend amounts on an annual basis.
- The students can go through an exam or test syllabus for appearing in this test or exam.
- This scholarship will also be reserved for African-American students.
Features Of National Merit Scholarship
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) has launched the National Merit Scholarship.
- This scholarship will be provided to the citizens of the USA.
- The high school seniors and college enrolling students will be able to get online registration.
- The rate of the stipend will be $500/- to $2,000/- which will be given to the winners on an annual basis.
- A total of 2 Hours and 45 Minutes will be given to the students at the time of carrying out the exam.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
National Merit Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The students will need to possess the below-mentioned eligibility criteria for getting registration:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of the USA or the US.
- He or she must be a high school senior student.
- The student enrolling in the college degree on a full-time basis will also be considered eligible.
- The student must have appeared in the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT).
- He or she must have qualified for the competition rounds.
Some of the important documents need for checking names in the scholarship are as follows:-
- Completed Application Form
- Recommendation Letter
- Letter of References
- High School Reports
- Academic Transcripts
- Essay Submission
Process To Apply Online Under National Merit Scholarship
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the National Merit Scholarship will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
To Apply For Scholarship Renewal Form
The following steps will need to be followed by the students for applying for the scholarship renewal form:-
- Visit and open the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, look under the section For Scholars.
- Click on the link to Online Scholarship Renewal (OSR).
- A new page will get displayed on your screen.
- Here you will need to fill out the form proceeding with 5 step forms:-
- Step 1 – WelcomeStep 2 – RequirementsStep 3 – QuestionnaireStep 4 – Review
- Step 5 – Confirmation
- Then click on the Submit Button.
In case you are having any doubts or queries regarding the National Merit Scholarship, then you may contact the below-mentioned office address, and phone no:-
- Office Address:-
- National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- 1560 Sherman Avenue,
- Suite 200,
- Illinois 60201-4897
- Phone No:- (847) 866-5100