Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child 2023 Benefits & Features | Check Fellowship Amount & Duration | Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child Check Cancellation & Age Relaxation | Check Excluded Allowances & All Details |
The University Grants Commission has launched the Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child so that single girl students or children will be able to get or receive the fellowship amounts for pursuing or undertaking Ph.D. degrees in the various courses or fields recognized by the university. The fellowship amount will be provided to the students in the form of a one-time payment system.
Through this article you will get all the information regarding SJSGC such as objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features and important documents, etc. beside with that, we will bring up-to-date step-by-step procedures to apply online under this fellowship.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child
Now the single girl child or students will be able to pursue a Ph.D. degree or postdoctoral studies after getting the fellowship amounts under the Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child. This fellowship will cover the fellowship amount, contingency grant and escort reader allowance, etc. The student must be pursuing a full-time degree or course.
Fellowship amount of Rs. 31,000/- to Rs. 35,000/- every month will be granted and the contingency grant on an annual basis will be given to the single girl student under this fellowship. Age relaxation will be given or provided to the students belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC and PWD.
Highlights of Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child
The highlights of this fellowship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Fellowship||Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child|
|Launched By||University Grants Commission|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Objective||To provide higher courses of education to the girls|
|Benefit||Single girl students will be able to carry out studies|
|Applicable to||Citizens of India|
|Beneficiary Category||Girl Students|
|Student Category||Students pursuing PhD degrees|
|Offered Field of Studies||Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Engineering & Technology|
|No. Of Offered Field of Studies||5|
|Fellowship Duration||5 Years|
|Mode of Transfer||DBT|
|Payment Mechanism||E-Payment Mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship Amount|
|Amount of Benefit||Variable|
|Covered Allowances||Fellowship, Contingency and Reader Allowance|
|No. Of Covered Allowances||3|
|Excluded Allowances||Mess, Water, Electricity & Medical Charges|
|No. Of Excluded Allowances||4|
|Transferable Type||Monthly Basis|
|Host Site||NIC (National Information Centre)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Last Date To Apply Online||Will be updated soon|
|Office Address||University Grants Commission (UGC) Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,|
New Delhi – 110002
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives of Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child 2023
The main objective of launching the Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child is to provide a higher course of studies to the girl students so that they will be able to get equal places or positions in society as the men get. The adoption of higher studies or education among single girl students will get promoted.
Another objective of launching SJSGC is to provide fellowship amounts and contingency grants to the students carrying out Ph.D. degrees from the universities that have been approved by the UGC body. Students will be given the fellowship amounts for the stipulated amount of time or duration.
This fellowship will only be provided to that applicant or beneficiary who has met the requirements of the beneficiary category. The student must be a single girl child or a student enrolling in the Ph.D. degree in any course or stream on a full-time or regular basis. The girl must not have any siblings.
Offered Field of Studies
The following field of study will be offered to the students:-
- Humanities and Social Sciences
The following beneficiaries will be considered ineligible:-
- Male Students
- Girl Students pursuing distance learning courses
- Girl students having 1 or more siblings
- Students carrying out research on a part-time or distance mode basis
The concept of age relaxation can’t be denied or neglected in case the fellowship that has been launched is provided to disadvantaged groups. The girl students will also be given an age relaxation of 5 years if she belongs to underprivileged communities such as SC, ST, OBC and PWD. The maximum age can be 45 years.
The following allowances will not be paid to the students:-
- Mess Charges
- Water Charges
- Electricity Charges
- Medical Charges
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Coverage
This fellowship will cover the following allowances:-
- Fellowship Amount
- Contingency Grant
- Reader Allowance (In Case of PWDs)
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Amount
The rate of fellowship are as follows:-
|Fellowship||JRF = Rs. 31,000/- Per Month |
SRF = Rs. 35,000/- Per Month
|Contingency Grant||Humanities and Social Sciences = Rs. 10,000/- Per Annum |
Science, Engineering, and Technology = Rs. 12,000/- Per Annum
|Reader Allowance||Rs. 3,000/- Per Annum|
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Tenure
Once the student or beneficiary will get selected for getting or receiving the fellowship amounts, she will be able to get the fellowship amount for the stipulated amount or duration for which the fellowship duration has been fixed. Each and every eligible beneficiary will be given or offered the fellowship amount for the duration of 5 years covering 60 months.
Termination of Fellowship
The fellowship amount can be terminated in the following cases:-
- In case it founded, that the student has claimed the fellowship amount by adopting fake or fraud efforts.
- By providing misleading details on the applicant’s registration form.
- Students violating the rules and regulations.
- In the case of founding plagiarism.
Inclusion Of HRA
The HRA-named House Residence Allowance will be paid directly to the girl student in case she has made her arrangements to stay or accommodation for living on her own basis. The student will also be given the HRA if she is not able to get an accommodation facility, then the host institution will provide her with the hostel facility.
Benefits of Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child
The benefits of this fellowship are as follows:-
- Girl students will be able to pursue PhD degrees from recognized universities on a full-time basis.
- Age relaxation will be provided to the girl students belonging to the reserved categories.
- SJSGC will be provided to the students on a monthly basis and a contingency grant will be given to them on an annual basis.
- The girls will be able to get the fellowship amounts for the duration of 5 years.
- HRA will also be provided to the girl student in case she is not able to avail of the hostel facilities for herself.
- Students can get holidays on the basis of leaves granted to them.
Features of Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child
The features of this fellowship are as follows:-
- The UGC (University Grants Commission) has launched the Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child.
- This fellowship is also known by another name that is SJSGC.
- Only one single girl child out of the family will be given the fellowships.
- The girl must be pursuing Ph.D. degrees from UGC-approved universities.
- The rate of fellowship will be Rs. 31,000/- for JRF and Rs. 35,000/- for SRF which will be provided to them on the monthly basis.
- On an annual basis, the students will be granted contingency grants which will vary according to the subject or course of field selection.
- The rate of reader allowance will be Rs. 3,000/- per annum.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child Eligibility Criteria
The students will need to possess the mentioned below eligibility criteria for getting an online registration under this fellowship:-
- The student must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must be a single girl child.
- She must be carrying out a Ph.D. degree on a full-time basis.
- The offered fields will be Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Engineering & Technology.
- The maximum age limit of the student can be 40 to 45 years of age as per the age relaxation rules.
Some of the important documents need to apply online for this fellowship are as follows:-
- Affidavit of Rs. 100/- stating that the student is a single girl child of her family
- Stamp paper duly attested by the DM / First Class Magistrate
- Annexure I
Process To Apply Online Under Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child
As this fellowship has been recently launched no such information has been received regarding the application procedure to apply online under the Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child, as soon as any information will be launched regarding the application procedure, we will update you through this article, otherwise, the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below steps for getting contact details:-
- Visit the official website first.
- On the homepage, look at the right-hand side of your screen.
- Click on the link to Contact Us.
- The contact details will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can see the contact details.
In case if you have any doubts or questions regarding Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child, then you can contact the mentioned below office address and telephone number and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
- New Delhi – 110002
- Telephone Number:- 011-23604446
- Email ID:- [email protected]