Sikkim Scholarship Apply Online | Sikkim Scholarship Online Registration | Sikkim Scholarship Application Form | Sikkim Scholarship Online Application/ Payment Status | Sikkim Scholarship Last Date | Sikkim Scholarship Student List & All Details |
For securing the interests of students residing in Sikkim state, Sikkim Scholarship has been launched so that the students belonging to the underprivileged communities such as General, EBC, SC, ST and OBC categories will be able to get the scholarship amounts for pursuing or undertaking pre- and post-matric classes. Variable scholarships will be provided to the students.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about Sikkim Scholarship 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
Sikkim Scholarship 2023
Now students which means meritorious students belonging to the economically weaker sections of society can apply online under the Sikkim Scholarship so that they will be able to get scholarships directly transferred to their relevant bank account numbers. With this, the government is also provided with a portal for the facilitation of online registration applied for getting scholarships.
For fulfilling or securing the interest or dreams of the student hoping to get highly educated by pursuing a high level of education or further studies, the Government of Sikkim has launched the Sikkim Scholarship. There are around 10 scholarship schemes that have been launched under this government. This will reduce the chance of corruption due to the adoption of the DBT mode.
Highlights Of Sikkim Scholarship Scheme
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows: –
|Name Of The Scholarship||Sikkim scholarship|
|Launched By||Government of Sikkim|
|Allocated portals||Student Service Portal|
SSO Registration Portal
|No. of Allocated portals||2|
|Objective||To encourage students for pursuing a higher level of education|
|Benefit||Sikkim students will get educational services|
|Scholarships offered||Sikkim General Post Matric Scholarship|
Post Matric Merit Scholarship
Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC (Central) Students
Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students
Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students
CCB Scholarship Scheme
Founder’s Scholarship (SRM University – Sikkim)
Sikkim Nationals Scholarship (SRM University- Sikkim)
|No. of Scholarships||10|
|Applicable To||Citizens of Sikkim|
|Beneficiary Categories||SC, ST, OBC, EBC & General|
|No. of Beneficiary Categories||5|
|Student Types||Scholar & Hosteller|
|No. of Student Types||2|
|Eligible Classes||Classes from 1st to 12th|
|No. of Eligible Classes||12|
|Offered Degrees||Ug, Pg, PhD degrees|
|No. of Offered Degrees||3|
|Allotted Groups||Group 1 to Group 4|
|No. of Allotted Groups||4|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Amount of benefit||May be varying from one scholarship scheme to another|
|Scheme Type||State Government Scheme|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Office Address||Department of Information Technology|
Government of Sikkim
|Contact no.||+91 3592-202601/207426|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives Of Sikkim Scholarship Scheme
The primary objective of launching the Sikkim Scholarship is to provide financial funds or scholarships to students belonging to underprivileged communities so that they will be able to pursue their studies after getting the scholarship amounts. This will reduce the dropout rates among those students leaving out their classes.
Another objective of the Sikkim Scholarship Scheme is to facilitate the online registration of scholarship schemes enrolled by eligible beneficiaries. A separate portal has also been launched by the Sikkim government so that the students will not face any problems while applying for any kind of relevant scheme. Contact details will be uploaded on the portal so that a student will get further contact with the relevant authorities.
List Of Covered Scholarships
The list of covered scholarships are as follows: –
|Sikkim General Post Matric Scholarship||Post Matric Merit Scholarship|
|Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students||Post Matric Scholarship for OBC (Central) Students|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students||Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students||CCB Scholarship Scheme|
|Founder’s Scholarship (SRM University – Sikkim)||Sikkim Nationals Scholarship (SRM University- Sikkim)|
Subsidiary Scholarship Initiatives
The details of the subsidiary scholarships are as follows: –
|Scholarship||Form of Benefit||Beneficiaries||Amount of Benefit|
|Sikkim General Post Matric Scholarship||Students in the General category will be given scholarships||Students pursuing professional and non-professional courses||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students||Students belonging to the EBC category will be provided with a scholarship amount||Students secured 50% of the marks in the previous year’s examinations||Variable Assistance|
|Post Matric Scholarship for OBC (Central) Students||Students who fall under the section of Other Backward Classes will be provided with a scholarship amount||Students of classes 11th to PhD Degree||Variable Assistance|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students||Candidates from the SC community will be provided with a scholarship amount||Students of class 11th to PhD Degree||Variable Assistance|
|Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students||Students belonging to the Scheduled Tribe community will be provided with the amount of scholarship||Students of post-matriculation classes||Variable Assistance|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students||ST candidates will be provided with scholarships||Students of classes from 1st to 10th||Variable Assistance|
|Post Matric Merit Scholarship||Meritorious students will be given the scholarship amounts||Students securing 80% marks||Rs. 800/- to Rs. 2,000/- Per Month|
|CCB Scholarship Scheme||Meritorious students will be provided scholarships based on their performance||Students pursuing UG/PG in different courses||70% of the scholarship amount|
|Founder’s Scholarship (SRM University)||Fee reimbursement to the meritorious students||Students having 1st rank||50% to 100% of fee waiver|
|Sikkim Nationals Scholarship||Students of SRM University will be provided with scholarships||Students nominated by the HRDD||25% of waiver of the tuition fee|
Group Wise Classification Of Courses
The details of covered courses under each group are as follows:-
|Group I||UG/ PG (Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Fashion Technology, Management, Business, Finance Administration, Computer Science, Agriculture, Allied Sciences)Diploma Level Courses|
|Group II||Professional Courses |
Para Medical Studies
Hotel Management & Catering
|Group III||UG Courses|
|Group IV||Non-Degree Courses|
3 Year Diploma
Group Wise Scholarship Amount
The details of the scholarship amount provided to each group are as follows:-
|Group I||UG/ PG (Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Fashion Technology, Management, Business, Finance Administration, Computer Science, Agriculture, Allied Sciences)Diploma Level Courses||Scholar = Rs. 350/-|
Hosteller = Rs. 750/- per month
|Group II||Professional Courses |
Para Medical Studies
Hotel Management & Catering
|Scholar = Rs. 335/- per month |
Hosteller = Rs. 510/- per month
|Group III||UG Courses||Scholar = Rs. 210/- per month |
Hosteller = 400/- per month
|Group IV||Non-Degree Courses|
3 Year Diploma
|Scholar = Rs. 160/- per month |
Hosteller = Rs. 260/-
Application Enrollment Last Dates
The last dates of the application enrollment are as follows: –
|Sikkim General Post Matric Scholarship||Between July and August|
|Post Matric Merit Scholarship||Between July and August|
|Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students||Between July and August|
|Post Matric Scholarship for OBC (Central) Students||Between July and August|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students||Between July and August|
|Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students||Between July and August|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students||Between July and August|
|CCB Scholarship Scheme||Between June and July|
|Founder’s Scholarship (SRM University – Sikkim)||At the time of Admission|
|Sikkim Nationals Scholarship (SRM University- Sikkim)||At the time of Admission|
The issuing authority of each scholarship are as follows:-
Beneficiary Category Wise Annual Income Limit
The annual income limit for each beneficiary category are as follows:-
|Beneficiary Category||Annual Income Limit|
|General Category||Rs. 1.2 lakhs|
|EBC Category||Rs. 1 Lakh|
|OBC Category||Rs. 1 lakh|
|SC Category||Rs. 2.5 Lakhs|
|ST Category||Rs. 2.5 Lakhs|
The student or scholar must belong to that beneficiary category that has been fixed or set up by the selection body. The students who are going to apply for this scholarship will need to make sure that the student or applicant must be an SC/ST/OBC/EBC and General candidate otherwise the student will not be given any scholarship enrollment.
Delegated Student Types
The lists of delegated student types are as follows:-
The lists of eligible classes are as follows:-
|Class 1st||Class 2nd||Class 3rd|
|Class 4th||Class 5th||Class 6th|
|Class 7th||Class 8th||Class 9th|
|Class 10th||Class 11th||Class 12th|
The lists of offered degrees are as follows:-
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Postdoctoral Degree
Student Service Portal
The Government of Sikkim has launched and developed the Student Service Portal so that students will be able to access various scholarship services online by accessing this portal. Students can get information about various scholarships launched by Sikkim for the welfare of SC/ST communities. Here one can also check the disbursal of the scholarship amount to the beneficiary bank account.
Sikkim Government Service Portal (SGSP)
For providing convenient scholarship services to the students, National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) has formulated the State Government Services Portal (SGSP). Many facilities will be provided on this portal to the end-user such as application status, payment status, e-forms and manual & reports. This portal will provide accountability while providing information which creates a hassle-free environment that results in reducing administrative burden.
Facilitation Of Educational Opportunities
This scholarship initiative will emphasize providing educational opportunities to financially weak students at their doorstep. Now getting educational opportunities is one of the easy steps just a click second. Those students, who can’t afford to pay their admission fees, can pay their fees after getting applied under this initiative
Contribution Towards Nation’s Growth
By awarding the amount of scholarships to meritorious students, the government is contributing or putting an investment toward the nation’s development or growth. It is the most meritorious students who have the talent or skills to compete in a competitive society. They will be made capable of being getting competitive government jobs recruited by the governmental authorities
Benefits Of Sikkim Scholarship Scheme
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows;-
- Sikkim Scholarship will expand the educational as well as employment opportunities for the SC and ST community students.
- Students will be able to get enrollment under any one scholarship out of the 10 offered scholarship plans.
- Variable scholarships will be provided or granted to the student on the basis of the class undertaken by the student.
- Students undertaking post-matric classes will be able to get the scholarship amounts on the basis of group-wise delegated courses.
- Students securing 1st ranks will be given 50% to 100% fee reimbursement on admission to the requisite course.
- There will be a facilitation of educational opportunities or services.
- Students will also be able to get financial assistance based on their attendance record for example if a student has secured 75% of the minimum scholarship in his or her attendance record which is shown in their school’s record will be considered eligible to get financial assistance provided by the government.
- The students can also apply before the last date.
- Sikkim Scholarship Scheme will emphasize increasing the literacy rate of the Sikkim state.
- This will also reduce the Dropout rates due to the children who have left out their education in between the classes they are pursuing.
Features Of Sikkim Scholarship
Some of the features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The State Government of Sikkim has launched the Sikkim Scholarship Scheme.
- Only the students belonging to the SC, ST, EWS, EBC, OBC & BC communities will be allowed to get online registration under the relevant scholarship.
- There are around 10 kinds of scholarships launched or covered in the form of subsidiary scholarship initiatives.
- The scholarship will be transferred directly to the bank accounts of the eligible beneficiary with the use of DBT.
- A 25% tuition fee waiver will be provided to the eligible beneficiaries of the Sikkim Nationals Scholarship.
- A scholarship amount of Rs. 10,000/- will be provided to the general category students pursuing or undertaking post-matric classes.
- Scholarships will also be provided to the students for pursuing UG-level courses or college-level degrees such as undergraduate, postgraduate, post-doctoral studies and PhD level education.
- For getting registration under the Sikkim Scholarship students will need to visit the SSO portal of the Sikkim government.
- One can apply online under any subsidiary scholarship between the months of July to August.
- One can visit the official website of the SSO portal for gathering more information about this scholarship initiative.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below eligibility criteria for getting registration under this scholarship: –
|Sikkim General Post Matric Scholarship||The student must belong to the General category residing in Sikkim state pursuing post-matric or secondary classes or enrolling in professional or non-professional courses having an annual income limit of Rs. 1,20,000/-.|
|Post Matric Merit Scholarship||The students will need to secure 80% marks in the last year’s or the previous year’s examination.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students||The student must be a candidate of the EBC community enrolling in classes from 11th to PhD degree having an annual income limit of Rs. 1,00,000/-.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for OBC (Central) Students||The student must be pursuing or enrolling in post-secondary classes from 11th to PhD degree having an annual income limit of Rs. 1,00,000/-.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students||This scholarship will be provided to SC students only who are pursuing classes from 11th to PhD degree while attaining an annual income limit of Rs. 2,50,000/-.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students||The student must be an ST candidate enrolling to post matric classes from 11th to PhD degree in various courses of study or fields having an annual income limit of Rs. 2,50,000/-.|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship to ST Students||ST students must be pursuing pre-matric classes having an annual income limit of Rs. 2,50,000/-.|
|CCB Scholarship Scheme||The student must be pursuing UG/PG/Diploma/ITI course from a recognized institute and must secure at least 40% to 50% marks in the last year’s exam.|
|Founder’s Scholarship (SRM University – Sikkim)||The student must have secured 1st to 2nd division out of the class.|
|Sikkim Nationals Scholarship (SRM University- Sikkim)||The student must be nominated by the SRM University situated in Sikkim.|
Some of the required documents required to apply under this scholarship are as follows: –
- Aadhar card of the student is mandatory
- PAN Card
- Income certificate
- Educational Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- BPL Card
- Residence certificate issued by the competent authority
- Proof of bank account details
- Latest Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Course fee receipt
- College Registration number
Process To Apply Online Under Sikkim Scholarship
To get apply online under this scholarship scheme, the applicants will have to follow the mention below step by step procedure:-
- First of all the applicant will need first to visit and open the Official Website of the Sikkim government.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Look at the center side of your screen.
- Click on the link to Register Now.
- A registration page will get displayed on your screen where you will need to enter the required information as per the ask column.
- The entries which you will have to fill are as follows:-
- First name
- Last name
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Confirm password
- Captcha code
- Now click on the button Register so that your registration form will get successful without getting any problems.
- In this way, by following all the above-mentioned steps you will be able to get online registration under this scholarship scheme.
The applicants filled required to follow the mentioned below steps for getting SSO login under this portal:-
- First of all the applicant will need to visit and open the official website of the student service portal designed by the Sikkim government.
- Then you will be able to see the homepage on your screen where you will require to click on the button of SSO Login.
- In this way, the SSO login page will get displayed on your screen where you will need to make some entries on the ask column such as:-
- Then in the last step, you will need to click on the button login.
- After that you will login to the portal.
Getting contact details
For getting contact details on the portal you will need to follow the mentioned below step-by-step procedure:-
- Visit and open the official website of the student service portal designed and developed by the Sikkim government.
- Then you will be able to get land on the homepage where you will need to click on the menu bar.
- Now click on the option or link to Contact Us.
- After clicking this link you will be able to get the contact details displayed on your screen.
In case any queries or questions asked out coming to your mind regarding Sikkim Scholarship then you can contact these mentioned below office address, contact numbers and email IDs:-
- Office Address
- Department of Information Technology
- Government of Sikkim
- Annexe 1,
- Top Floor,
- Kazi Road,
- Gangtok ,
- Contact No:-: +91 3592-202601/207426
- Email ID:- [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]