Tibetan Scholarship Program 2024 Apply Online & Application Form | Tibetan Scholarship Program Check Eligible Countries & Last Date | Tibetan Scholarship Program Check Beneficiary Limit & Offered Fields | Tibetan Scholarship Program Check Ineligible Beneficiaries & Required Marks | Tibetan Scholarship Program Check Eligibility & All Details |
A total of 7 refugees will be selected; 6 applicants from India and 1 from Nepal so that they will be able to carry out the Tibetan Scholarship Program after getting online registration. The students can apply online for this scholarship before the last date or deadline. Students will be able to carry out Master’s degrees in various fields.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the Tibetan Scholarship Program 2024 like objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, and important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online for this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship, read this article till the end.
Tibetan Scholarship Program
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs has launched the Tibetan Scholarship Program so that the students coming from India and Nepal in the limited number will be able to undertake Master’s degrees in the offered fields after getting the scholarship amounts. The students will be able to carry out this degree for a duration of 2 years.
A total of 7 students or applicants will be selected so that they will be able to receive the scholarship amounts offered under the Tibetan Scholarship Program. Now the students can apply online for this scholarship before the last date which will be updated soon. The students will be able to carry out higher studies for which they are getting the scholarship amounts.
Highlights Of Tibetan Scholarship Program 2024
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship
|Tibetan Scholarship Program
|U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
|Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
|To provide scholarships to refugee students for carrying out studies
|The students will be able to get admission to the MA degree
|Citizens of Nepal and India
|Mode of Transfer
|Form of Benefit
|Till the completion of the program
|Monthly/Annually/One-Time Payment Basis
|NIC (National Information Centre)
|Last Date To Apply Online
|Will be updated soon
|Mode of Application
Department of Education
Central Tibetan Administration
Dharamshala – 176215H.P., India
Objectives Of Tibetan Scholarship Program
The major objective of launching the Tibetan Scholarship Program is to provide scholarship amounts to students who are refugee coming from India and Nepal that was forced to migrate from their home country. To such students, the US government has started providing scholarship amounts so that they will be able to pursue or carry out an MA degree for the duration of 2 years.
Another objective of launching the Tibetan Scholarship Program is to offer scholarship amounts who have received an admission offer or letter in order to carry out an MA or postgraduate degree for the duration of 2 years in the offered fields that have been offered to them for the undertaking. One can apply online for this scholarship before the last date in order to secure timely registration.
The below-mentioned countries will be considered eligible to apply online:-
The no of students that will be selected from each country are as follows:-
Letter of Admission Offer
It is only after receiving the admission offer or letter that the students coming from India and Nepal will be able to carry out degrees or studies. The students must have received an admission offer to pursue or carry out an MA degree for the duration of 2 years. Students can pursue this degree in any one field that has been offered to them.
Offered Fields of Study
A list of offered fields of study are as follows:-
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- International law
- Library Science and Information
- Public Health
- Intelligence Science
- International Relations
- Gender Studies
The list of delegated bodies is as follows:-
- The Tibet Fund (TTF)
- Central Tibetan Administration’s (CTA)
- Department of Education (DoE)
- Public Affairs Section
Minimum Marks Cut-Off
The students will also need to maintain minimum marks cut-off for getting admission to the next or next degree because solely fulfilment of the citizenship will not be the selection criteria alone that will mark their selection. The students will need to score at least 50% marks in the last year’s examination for a Bachelor’s degree.
The following beneficiaries will not be given scholarships to apply online:-
- Students undertaking M.Phil degrees
- Students pursuing Ph.D. degrees
Mandatory Tests To Pass
The following tests will be mandatory to pass:-
Tibet Scholarship Coverage
This scholarship will cover the below-mentioned allowances:-
- Tuition Fees
- Accommodation Allowance
- Monthly Stipend
Partnerships & Collaborations
The list of delegated partners that support this scholarship is as follows:-
- Tibet Fund
- US Tibet Committee
- Universities and Education Institutions
- Corporate Partners
- Tibetan Community Organizations
Some of the important information issued for the students is as follows:-
- Applicants must have been born after January 1, 1987 and must provide their birth certificate.
- During the pre-selection process, TSP applicants are not required to submit TOEFL scores.
- The TSP applicants will take the Institutional TOEFL test (ITP) after the General Written Test in Tibetan (GWTT).
- Once the required academic credentials and other criteria are fulfilled, the CTA’s DoE and Tibetan Scholarship Program Selection Committee will notify the respective applicants of the document verification process and the dates of the GWTT and TOEFL ITP tests.
- Multiple venues in India will be available for document verification, GWTT, and the TOEFL ITP test.
- The GWTT consists of multiple-choice questions and a section of translation, can be taken in Tibetan or English, and requires a minimum score of 30 out of 50.
- The top 30 applicants will be selected based on academic performance, and the passing of the GWTT and TOEFL ITP test.
- Final interviews will be held in Dharamsala and Kathmandu for applicants from India and Nepal, respectively.
- The final selection panel will select approximately six candidates from India and one from Nepal based on their total application and interview performance.
- The selected participants must score 85 out of 120 in the TOEFL ibt.
- In the event of a candidate not being able to participate in the program, alternate candidates will be called upon to take the TOEFL ibt test.
- The TSP Final Selection Panel will also develop a list of five alternate candidates from India and two from Nepal.
- Final selected participants are required to take the GRE or GMAT as determined by their field of study and the graduate program requirements.
Applicable Points System
The point system that will be applicable to the students for evaluating their academic performance is as follows:-
|Bachelor’s Degree Percentage
Benefits Of Tibetan Scholarship Program
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Both Indian and Nepal students will be able to carry out their abroad studies.
- There are around 15 fields that will be offered to the students to pursue.
- Students will be able to pursue 2 years of MA degree.
- Around 7 students will be able to carry out selection and scholarships.
- Students pursuing M.Phil and PhD degrees will not be given entrance.
- One can apply online before the last date to get timely registration.
- TSP has helped 480 Tibetan refugee students and professionals to attend top American universities like Harvard, Columbia, U.C. Berkeley, and NYU.
- This will make it accessible to a diverse range of applicants.
- One can apply online before the last date to get timely registration.
Features Of Tibetan Scholarship Program
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs has launched the Tibetan Scholarship Program.
- This scholarship will be given to the citizens of Nepal and India to apply online.
- Scholarships will be given to the students to pursue an MA degree for the duration of 2 years.
- A target of covering 7 students has been fixed.
- Final selected participants are required to take the GRE or GMAT based on their field of study and U.S. host institutions’ requirements.
- 6 students from India and 1 student from Nepal will be selected.
- The top 30 applicants (India) and final applicants (Nepal) were invited for interviews in Dharamsala and Kathmandu.
- Alternate candidates are encouraged to take the TOEFL ibt.
- Selection panel chaired by designated Public Diplomacy Officer at U.S. Embassies.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Tibetan Scholarship Program Eligibility Criteria
The students or applicants will need to attain the below-mentioned points for getting online registration:-
- The student must be a citizen of India and Nepal.
- The applicant must be a refugee forced to migrate to live in India or Nepal.
- He or she must have secured at least 55% in the BA degree exam.
- The student must have received an admission offer to pursue a 2-year MA degree.
- He or she must have qualified the tests such as TOEFL, GRE, or GMAT with the required scores or points.
Some of the important documents needed for applying online for this scholarship are as follows:-
- Short Essay
- Green Book
- Registration Certificate
- Academic Transcripts
- US Visa
- NOC ( No Objection Certificate)
Process To Apply Online Under Tibetan Scholarship Program
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the Tibetan Scholarship Program is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned-below points to get contact details on the portal:-
- In the first step, you will need to visit the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Click on the Contact button.
- The contact details will be displayed on the screen.
- Go through the contact details.
In case of any queries and questions regarding the Tibet Scholarship Program, the applicants can contact this office address, telephone no, and email ID to redress their doubts:-
- Office Address:-
- Department of Education
- Central Tibetan Administration
- Dharamshala – 176215H.P., India
- Telephone No:- +91-1892-222572
- Email Id:- email@example.com