Abel Visiting Scholarship Apply Online & Registration Form | Abel Visiting Scholarship Check Amount & Last Date | Abel Visiting Scholarship Check Features & Benefits | Abel Visiting Scholarship Check Selection Procedure & Age Limit | Abel Visiting Scholarship Check Eligibility & All Details |
The Abel Visiting Scholarship is a program that provides financial support and resources for international mathematicians to visit and collaborate with other mathematicians at the Niels Henrik Abel Board in Oslo, Norway. The scholarship aims to promote and advance mathematics research, particularly in developing countries, by facilitating academic exchanges and encouraging interdisciplinary collaborations. One can apply online before the last date.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the Abel Visiting Scholarship 2023-2024 like purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, important documents, etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process to apply online for this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship, read this article till the end.
Abel Visiting Scholarship
The International Mathematical Union, Germany has launched the Abel Visiting Scholarship so that talented mathematicians coming from developing countries will be able to work closely with their host institution and engage in academic activities. They will be given an opportunity to stay in Norway. Through this program, scholars will be able to gain valuable insights, expand their networks, and contribute to knowledge advancement in their respective areas of expertise.
The Abel Visiting Scholarship helps mathematicians by paying for their travel, accommodation, and living expenses while they stay in Norway. It also lets them use research facilities and work with experts. Scholars are invited to share their work and take part in meetings and events. This program is open to mathematicians from all areas and aims to support different people and perspectives.
Highlights Of Abel Visiting Scholarship
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||Abel Visiting Scholarship|
|Launched By||International Mathematical Union, Germany|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Objective||To create opportunities for collaboration, exchange of ideas, and sharing of expertise among Mathematicians|
|Benefit||Mathematicians will be able to do research|
|Applicable To||Citizens of Developing Countries|
|Eligible Degree||PhD Degree|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Scholarship Transferral||2 Installments|
|Amount of benefit||Variable Assistance|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||Varies|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Office Address||International Mathematical Union Secretariat|
10117 Berlin, Germany
|Phone Number||+49 30 2037 2430|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Objectives of Abel Visiting Scholarship
The main objective of the Abel Visiting Scholarship is to provide a platform for mathematical scholars from developing countries to enhance their research skills and expand their knowledge. The program aims to create opportunities for collaboration, exchange of ideas, and sharing of expertise. By bringing together scholars from different backgrounds, it fosters mutual learning and contributes to the growth of the global mathematical community.
Another objective of launching the Abel Visiting Scholarship is to promote the advancement of mathematics in developing countries and foster the exchange of knowledge and ideas across borders. This initiative helps to bridge the gap between mathematicians in different regions, creating a global network of scholars working together towards the common goal of advancing mathematical research and education. This will also promote the adoption of Maths subject in the research field.
Abel Visiting Scholarship Timelines
The timelines of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Visit period for Fall 2023
- September 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023
- Timeline: Fall 2023
- Visit period for Spring 2024
- January 1, 2024 – April 30, 2024
- Timeline: Spring 2024
- Visit period for Summer 2024
- May 1, 2024 – August 31, 2024
- Timeline: Summer 2024
This scholarship will only be provided to the applicants or candidates applying online for this scholarship on the basis of the beneficiary category that has been fixed by the selection body. This scholarship can only be undertaken by mathematicians belonging to developing countries on the basis of a strong track record in research and a clear plan for collaboration during the visit.
The applicants or mathematicians will also need to possess or attain the age limit for which this scholarship has been launched in order to provide scholarship as well as selection to the students. The age limit of each applicant must be under the age group of 35 years at the time of registering online to the portal.
Annual Income Limit
It is also on the basis of the annual income limit set up or fixed by the selection body that sometimes the selection of the applicant is assured but in this case, the scholarship does not have a strict annual income limit. Financial support is based on individual circumstances, ensuring that deserving candidates are not excluded due to financial constraints.
The budget amount discharged or allotted by the government to fund this scholarship can depend on various factors such as:-
- Destination Country
- Duration of the Visit
- Individual Needs of the Scholar
Abel Visiting Scholarship Selection Procedure
A rigorous and competitive selection procedure will be carried out for the selection of an eligible beneficiary. The selection committee will evaluate each application based on the applicant’s research achievements, the potential impact of the visit, and the suitability of the host institution. The aim is to ensure that the scholarships are awarded to candidates with the highest potential for academic and professional growth.
Abel Visiting Scholarship Covered Allowances
The list of covered allowances is as follows:-
- Travel Costs (economy class airfare)
- Public Transport Costs (surface transport by rail or bus)
- Taxi Fares (maximum four, on submission of receipts)
- Hotel Costs (maximum one night for arrival and departure)
- Visa Fees
- Travel Insurance Charges
- Basic living cost for the first month (daily allowance based on living cost of visiting country/city)
- Accommodation cost in the host country (hotel allowed if no guesthouse or rented flat available, maximum 4 weeks)
- Accommodation costs during public holidays in the host country (basic living costs not provided during institution closure, but accommodation costs can be paid)
Payment & Documentation Requirements
The initial payment required for accommodations, travel insurance, visa fees, transportation to the airport, and 50% of the estimated living expenses before departure. The remaining living costs will be covered by a second payment after the visit. In order to receive the second payment, the individual must submit a report, pictures, and all invoices to the IMU Secretariat.
Members of Selection Committee
The members of the selection committee are as follows:-
- A chairperson is chosen by the IMU EC
- A member is chosen by the CDC
- A member is chosen by the IMU EC
Important Terms & Conditions
Some of the important terms & conditions issued for the applicants are as follows:-
- Only candidates who have not been selected are eligible to re-apply for the program.
- Mathematicians from Africa are encouraged to apply for the IMU Simons African Fellowship Program, which offers approximately 10 scholarships per year.
- It is important to note that if you are applying for the IMU-Simons African Fellowship, you cannot simultaneously apply for the Abel Visiting Scholar Program.
- Applications for the program must be submitted at least four months prior to the desired starting date.
- The maximum age limit can be extended by three years.
- The extension is applicable to individuals with a broken career pattern.
- Applicants must provide a reason for the broken career pattern in their application.
- Encouragement for applications from women mathematicians.
Financial Support for International Scholars
The Abel Visiting Scholarship offers significant financial support to international scholars, enabling them to conduct research in mathematics at a renowned institution. Scholars are provided with a monthly stipend as well as coverage for travel expenses, accommodation, and health insurance. This financial support ensures that scholars can fully focus on their research without the worry of financial constraints, facilitating a productive and immersive experience.
Access to Renowned Institutions & Experts
Recipients of the Abel Visiting Scholarship gain access to some of the world’s most prestigious institutions in the field of mathematics. This includes opportunities to interact with leading experts in their respective fields, attend seminars, workshops, and conferences, and collaborate on research projects. Such exposure provides valuable networking opportunities and fosters intellectual growth, facilitating the exchange of ideas and knowledge.
Enhanced Research & Academic Development
This scholarship will provide scholars with uninterrupted time dedicated to their research endeavors. This dedicated time, away from their usual academic responsibilities, allows scholars to delve deeply into their chosen area of study. The scholarly environment and resources provided by the host institution further enhance the scholars’ ability to conduct high-quality research, contributing to their overall academic development.
Benefits of Abel Visiting Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Mathematicians will be able to develop further.
- Applicants will be able to carry out research in the Maths field.
- It is for the duration of 1 month, that they will be able to stay in Norway.
- It fosters mutual learning and contributes to the growth of the global mathematical community.
- This will bridge the gap between mathematicians in different regions, creating a global network of scholars working together.
- One can apply online before the last date for getting timely registration.
Features of Abel Visiting Scholarship
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Mathematicians coming from Developing countries can apply online for Abel Visiting Scholarship.
- This scholarship will provide opportunities for networking and mentorship with professionals in the field of economics and finance.
- Access to exclusive events, workshops, and conferences related to the study of economics and finance will be provided.
- This will provide the required support for research projects and internship placements.
- The payment of this scholarship will be done in 2 installments.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
Abel Visiting Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online:-
- The applicant must belong to a developing country.
- He or she must be a mathematician.
- The age limit must be 35 years.
- He or she must hold a position in a university/ research institution.
- The Mathematician must not yet be a full professor but contracted by a university/college.
Some of the important documents to apply online under this scholarship are as follows:-
- CV or Resume
- Recent publications (max. 3 pages each)
- Research statement for the visit
- Official invitation
- Letter of recommendation
- Ph.D. certificate
- Statement about current employment status/position in the home institution
- Budget estimation
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Proof of matching funds from the host institution (for research visits longer than a month)
Process To Apply Online Under Abel Visiting Scholarship
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online for this scholarship:-
- The applicant will need first to visit the Official Website.
- The main page will get displayed on your screen where you will need to click on the Login link.
- The login page will get displayed.
- Click on the Register link.
- A new page will get displayed where you will need to enter your Email address and Username.
- Now click on the Create New Account button.
- Your account will get generated.
- Now do log in.
- Then apply for this scholarship.
To Do Login
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to do login:-
- Visit and open the official website.
- Now you will get land on the main page where you will need to click on the Login link.
- The login page will get displayed where you will need the asked login credentials such as:-
- Now click on the Log In button.
In case if you have any doubts or questions regarding Abel Visiting Scholarship, then you can contact the mentioned below office address, phone number, and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- International Mathematical Union Secretariat
- Hausvogteiplatz 11A
- 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Phone No:- +49 30 2037 2430
- Email ID:- [email protected]