JNU Scholarship 2023 Apply Online & Application Form | JNU Scholarship Benefits & Eligibility | JNU Scholarship Check Amount & Last Date | JNU Scholarship Portal Login & Registration | JNU Scholarship Check Online Status & All Details |
Students undertaking MA, M.Phil and PhD, and MCA degrees from the Jawaharlal Nehru University will be given variable scholarships on the monthly basis under the JNU Scholarship. There are around 8 subsidiary scholarships that will be provided to the students in the form of subsidiary scholarship initiatives. This scholarship will cover the major allowances.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the JNU Scholarship 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
JNU Scholarship 2023
The Jawaharlal Nehru University has launched the JNU Scholarship covering 8 types of subsidiary scholarship initiatives that will provide variable scholarship amounts to the students on the basis of the degree opted by the student in the offered field of subject or course by the university. Students will be able to receive the scholarship amount on the monthly basis.
Now the students pursuing degrees or studies from the JNU can apply online under the JNU Scholarship for getting the scholarship amounts offered to them in the form of financial help and support. There will be 8 kinds of different scholarships that will be provided to the students for applying as per their choice of requirement.
Highlights Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||JNU Scholarship|
|Known As||Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship|
|Launched By||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Allocated Portal||Jawaharlal Nehru University Portal|
|Covered Scholarships||Merit-cum-Means Scholarship|
Ford Foundation Scholarship
Prof. Ramesha Rao Scholarship and Travel Grant
Prof. Nurul Hasan Scholarship
Jawahar Bhawan Trust Scholarship
Prof. MJK Thavaraj MCM Scholarship
Prof. Gouri Shankar Singhal Merit Scholarship
|No. of Covered Scholarships||8|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to the students studying at Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Benefit||Financial assistance will be given to meritorious students belonging to the poor backgrounds|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Annual Income Limit||Rs. 2,50,000/-|
|Scholarship Renewal||50% to 60% in the previous year’s examination|
|Attendance Record||75% Attendance Record|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Amount of benefit||Variable|
|Covered Allowances||Maintenance Allowance|
|No. of Covered Allowances||4|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||–|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Office Address||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi 110067
|Email Id||cs[email protected]|
Objectives Of JNU Scholarship
The main objective of launching the Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship is to provide social security provisions and financial assistance to students who want to pursue further studies at this university but are not able to do so due to financial issues. To such students, the government will start providing scholarship amounts based on their merit performance.
Another objective of launching the JNU Scholarship is to provide variable scholarship amounts on a monthly transferral basis so that the students undertaking courses or degrees such as MA, M.Phil and PhD, and MCA will be able to pursue it till their completion period without suffering from the lack of financial funds.
List Of Covered Scholarships
The list of covered scholarships are as follows:-
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||Ford Foundation Scholarship|
|Prof. Ramesha Rao Scholarship and Travel Grant||Tendulkar Scholarship|
|Prof. Nurul Hasan Scholarship||Jawahar Bhawan Trust Scholarship|
|Prof. MJK Thavaraj MCM Scholarship||Prof. Gouri Shankar Singhal Merit Scholarship|
Subsidiary Scholarship Initiatives
The details of subsidiary scholarships are as follows:-
|Scholarship||Form of Benefit||Beneficiaries||Amount of Benefit|
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||The student with a good academic record will be given scholarship assistance||Students having a parental income of Rs. 2.50/- lakhs||Variable Assistance|
|Ford Foundation Scholarship||Students studying at the School of International Studies will be provided with a scholarship amount||Students pursuing Master’s degree||Rs. 700/- per month|
|Prof. Ramesha Rao Scholarship and Travel Grant||Travel Grant will be provided to the students who have received higher grades in the Cancer Biology||Students pursuing M.Phil and PhD||Rs. 30,000/- per month|
|Tendulkar Scholarship||Two students from different Centres of the School of Social Sciences will be provided with a scholarship amount||Students studying at social science schools||Rs. 400/- per month|
|Prof. Nurul Hasan Scholarship||College-level students will be given scholarship awards||Students of MA., MSc and MCA||Rs. 1500/- per month|
|Jawahar Bhawan Trust Scholarship||Students pursuing PG will be able to get scholarship assistance||Students pursuing MA and MSc||Rs. 1000/- per month|
|Prof. MJK Thavaraj MCM Scholarship||Students pursuing college-level degrees will be given financial assistance||Students of MA in Economics in the 1st Year||Rs. 300/- per month|
|Prof. Gouri Shankar Singhal Merit Scholarship||Students pursuing degrees in the Sanskrit language will be given scholarship incentive||Students pursuing MA in Sanskrit||Maintenance Allowance|
List of Eligible Degrees
The lists of eligible degrees are as follows:-
- MA Degree
- MCA Degree
- M.Phil Degree
- PhD Degree
- MSc Degree
Delegated Centres or Bodies
The following centers or bodies will be delegated:-
- School of International Studies
- School of Life Sciences
- Centers of School of Social Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
The scholarship will cover the mentioned below allowances:-
- Maintenance Allowance
- Tuition Fee
- Travel Expenses
- Contingency Grant
The selection parameters of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Academic Performance
- Merit Record
- Previous year’s examination Result
- Attendance Record
Reduction In Corruption Issues
The government will reduce corruption issues by introducing Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) for providing scholarship amounts to eligible beneficiaries. Scholarships will only be provided to those students who have linked their bank account numbers with their aadhar numbers. Adoption of the DBT system can reduce corruption or malpractices among the fraudulent.
Annual Income Limit
The course of study or degree undertaken by the student will not only sufficient for the student for getting the scholarship amount. The student will also possess the annual income limit which has been fixed by the selection body. The annual income limit of the eligible beneficiary must be equal to Rs. 2,50,000/-
Benefits Of JNU Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Students will be able to get admission to JNU with the help of scholarship amounts offered under the Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship.
- Scholarships will be provided to the students each month.
- The students will be able to get this scholarship amount for that duration or time period which has been fixed.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 700/- will be provided to the students for pursuing MA degree from the School of International Studies.
- Students pursuing a Master’s degree in the Economics subject or field will be granted Rs. 300/- on the monthly basis.
- Students securing academic records or excellence will be given the selection first.
- The annual income of the student’s family must be equal to Rs. 2,50,000/-.
- The scholarship amount provided to the student will cover the major allowances such as maintenance allowance, travel grants and contingency allowance.
- The students can apply for the JNU Scholarship before the last date.
- There are around 4 centers or schools delegated for providing admissions.
Features Of Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The University of Jawaharlal Nehru has launched the JNU Scholarship.
- There are around 8 kinds of scholarships that have been launched as a subsidiary initiative under this scholarship.
- Students studying at this university will be able to get scholarships first for pursuing further studies.
- Students will be given a scholarship allowance for pursuing higher education from the same university.
- Variable assistance will be provided to the beneficiary based on the scholarship scheme for which the student has applied.
- Students pursuing MA in Economics in the 1st Year will be given a scholarship amount of Rs. 300/- on the monthly basis.
- Eligible Beneficiaries of the Jawahar Bhawan Trust Scholarship will be provided Rs. 1000/- per month in the form of scholarships getting transferred to their relevant bank account numbers.
- For getting registration under the Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship, students will need to visit the official website.
- Students pursuing M.Phil and PhD will be provided with a scholarship amount of Rs. 30,000/- per month under the Prof. Ramesha Rao Scholarship and Travel Grant.
- For getting more information, one can visit the official website.
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below eligibility criteria for getting registration under this scholarship: –
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||The student must be a permanent citizen of India studying in post-matric classes while securing a good merit record and having an annual income of Rs. 2.5/- lakhs.|
|Ford Foundation Scholarship||Students pursuing an MA from the School of International Studies will be given scholarships.|
|Prof. Ramesha Rao Scholarship and Travel Grant||The student must be pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D in the field of cancer biology while securing grade A in the cancer biology field.|
|Tendulkar Scholarship||Students must be studying at the School of Social Sciences.|
|Prof. Nurul Hasan Scholarship||Students must be pursuing M.A./M.Sc./MCA enrolled in the 1st or 2nd year.|
|Jawahar Bhawan Trust Scholarship||Students must be pursuing a Master’s degree in the Arts and Science field and enrolled in the 5th semester.|
|Prof. MJK Thavaraj MCM Scholarship||Students must be pursuing MA in Economics subject from the School of Social Sciences|
|Prof. Gouri Shankar Singhal Merit Scholarship||This Scholarship will only be eligible to those students who are pursuing MA in the Sanskrit language enrolled in the 1st semester.|
Some of the required documents required to apply for this scholarship are as follows: –
- Father’s Income Certificate
- Mother’s Income Certificate
- Latest Income Tax Return of mother
- Latest Income Tax Return of father
- JNU students I’d card
- Registration Number
Process To Apply Online Under JNU Scholarship
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure is required to apply online under the JNU Scholarship will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned-below points for getting contact details on the portal:-
- The applicant will need first to visit the official website.
- Now you will be able to see the homepage on your screen.
- Scroll through the page until you will reach the bottom side.
- Then click on the link to Contact Us.
- The relevant contact details will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the contact details mentioned on your screen.
In case any queries and questions come to your mind regarding the JNU Scholarship, then you may contact this mentioned-below office address, phone number and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- New Mehrauli Road,
- New Delhi 110067
- Phone Number:- 011-26742575
- Email ID:- [email protected]