New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships Check Scholarship Amount & Last Date | Registration & Login Portal | New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships Check Empanelled Universities & All Details |
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT), Government of New Zealand has launched the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships so that the citizens or students belonging to the commonwealth countries will be able to get the scholarship amounts provided in the NZD currency formats for pursuing studies from the universities located at New Zealand.
Through this article you will get all the information regarding the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2023 such as Objectives, Eligibility criteria, benefits, features and important documents, etc. beside with that, we will bring up to date with the step-by-step application procedures for applying online under this scholarship.
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
Now all those students who want to undertake PG degrees and PhD degrees in their course of consideration can undertake from the reputed New Zealand Universities after applying online under the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships. The student must belong to a commonwealth country. The course of study undertaken by the student must be listed as an eligible course under this scholarship.
With the active association of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade(MFAT), the Government of New Zealand and the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships have been launched covering a scholarship amount of NZD 3,000/- for the students pursuing MA and PhD degree in the listed course of studies.
Highlights Of New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship Schemes 2023
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship||New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships|
|Known As||New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship Schemes|
|Launched By||Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade(MFAT), Government of New Zealand|
|Delegated Ministries||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology |
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Head Office
Ministry of Human Resource Development
|No. of Delegated Ministries||3|
|Allocated Portal||New Zealand Foreign Affairs & Trade Portal|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to the Indian students|
|Benefit||Students will be able to pursue MA and PhD degrees|
|Applicable To||Citizens of commonwealth countries|
|Student Category||Students pursuing MA and PhD Degrees|
|Age Group||39 Years|
|Eligible Degrees||MA or PG Degree |
|No. of Eligible Degrees||2|
|Empanelled Universities||Auckland University of Technology|
University of Auckland
University of Canterbury
University of Otago
University of Waikato
Victoria University of Wellington
Southern Institute of Technology
Unitec Institute of Technology
Wintec-Waikato Institute of Technology
|No. of Empanelled Universities||11|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship Amount|
|Scholarship Renewal||Academic Excellence|
|Scholarship Transferral||Per Week Basis|
|Amount of benefit||Living Allowance = NZD 491/- Per Week Establishment Cost = NZD 3,000/-|
|Covered Allowances||Full Tuition Fees|
|No. of Covered Allowances||8|
|Selection Parameters||Academic Excellence|
Selection of Courses
|No. of Selection Parameters||5|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Tenure||1 Year (12 Months)|
|Last Date of Online Form Submission||15th April 2022|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Telephone Number||+64 4 439 8000|
|Office Address||Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Head Office 195 Lambton Quay|
Private Bag 18 901
Wellington 6160, New Zealand
|Email Id||[email protected]|
Objectives of New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
The major objective of launching the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships is to provide scholarships to students or citizens belonging to the commonwealth countries so that they will not have to sacrifice their educational dreams of pursuing college-based studies such as MA and PhD degrees. This scholarship will cover the major allowances provided to the student on the weekly basis.
Another objective of launching the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships is to provide financial help and support to the students who have received an admission letter or offer from the New Zealand University for pursuing MA and PhD degrees after applying. Students will be able to get the scholarship amounts after receiving an admission offer or letter.
The beneficiary who is going to apply for this scholarship will need to make sure that the age limit possessed by them is as per the age limit or group that has been specified by the selection body which means the applicant must be falling under the age group of 39 years.
The lists of eligible degrees are as follows:-
- MA Degree
- Ph.D. Degree
List of Eligible Courses
The lists of eligible courses are as follows:-
- Climate Change and the Environment
- Food Security and Agriculture
- Disaster Risk Management
- Renewable Energy
List of Empanelled Universities
The universities empanelled under this scholarship are as follows:-
|Auckland University of Technology||Lincoln University||Massey University|
|University of Auckland||University of Canterbury||University of Otago|
|University of Waikato||Victoria University of Wellington||Southern Institute of Technology|
|Unitec Institute of Technology||Wintec-Waikato Institute of Technology|
Last Date To Apply Online (Tentative)
The government has released the last date to apply online under the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships so that the students getting enrolled on this scholarship will be able to apply before the last date without facing any kind of server-hanging issues. The last date for online form submission is 15th April 2022.
List of Covered Allowances
The allowances covered under this scholarship are as follows:-
|Full Tuition Fees||Living Allowance|
|Establishment Cost||Medical Insurance|
|Travel Insurance||Airfare Ticket|
|Travelling Allowance||Research Allowance|
Rate of Scholarship
The scholarship amounts provided to the student are as follows:-
|Allowance Covered||Scholarship Amount|
|Accommodation||NZD 491/- Per Week|
|Establishment Cost||NZD 3,000/-|
The applications submitted by the student will first be scrutinized by the MHRD members according to the merit list. Then MFAT will carry out the selection process while considering the number of applications submitted. MFAT will conduct the psychological testing of students while considering the parameters for judging. Only 2 students out of the whole shortlisted students will be selected.
The selection of the student will be carried out on the basis of some parameters:-
- Academic Excellence
- Age Limit
- Selection of Courses
List of Eligible Countries
The lists of eligible countries are as follows:-
|Papua New Guinea||Rwanda||Samoa||Seychelles|
|Sierra Leone||Solomon Islands||South Africa||Sri Lanka|
|St Lucia||St Vincent||Swaziland||Tanzania|
Mandatory English Language Proficiencies Tests To Pass
The following tests are mandatory to pass:-
Minimum Marks Cut Off
The minimum marks cut off for each test are as follows:-
|Test||Minimum Marks Cut Off|
|TOEFL||Online Test = 90|
Written Test = 21
|PTE||50 to 58|
|CAE||169 to 176|
Benefits of New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Students will be able to get stand up on their own feet after getting the financial help and support offered under the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships.
- Students will be given or offered chances for exploring educational and employment opportunities.
- An amount of NZD 491/- Per Week will be provided to the students in the form of a living allowance.
- NZD 3,000/- will be provided to the students in the form of Establishment Cost.
- The scholarship amount provided to them will cover all the other expenses.
- Students can pursue MA and PhD degrees.
- Students will also be given a travelling allowance for travelling.
- Students can get admission to anyone out of the 11 universities or colleges empanelled under the New Zealand Government.
- One can apply online under the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships by 15th April 2022.
- Students who have passed the psychological test will be able to receive the scholarship amounts.
Features of New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2023
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade(MFAT), Government of New Zealand has launched the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Head Office will be delegated with the task of carrying out the scholarship operations in New Zeeland.
- The student must belong to the commonwealth country.
- The student must be undertaking or pursuing MA or PhD Degree.
- There are around 11 universities empanelled for providing admissions to the students who have been considered eligible for getting the scholarship amounts.
- Students will be given admission to those courses which have been listed as eligible for the students for carrying out their MA or PhD degree.
- Living or Accommodation Allowance will be given to the students on the weekly basis.
- The students will need to go through the selection procedure before applying.
- MHRD and MFAT will be delegated the task of carrying out the selection procedure.
- The last date to apply online under the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships on 15th April 2022.
- The students can visit the official website for getting more information.
For applying online under this scholarship, the applicant must possess the following criteria mentioned below:-
- The applicant must be an Indian.
- The student must be undertaking or pursuing an MA and PhD degree.
- The student must have received an admission offer or letter from the New Zealand University.
- The student must have passed BA Degree in any field.
- The age of the applicant must be equal to 39 years.
- The applicants must have passed the IELTS/PTE or TOEFL.
- The applicant must not be serving under the Military Force.
Some of the important documents required to apply online under this scholarship as per given below:-
- Educational Certificates
- DOB Certificate
- Letter of Referee
- Scanned Passport Size Photograph
- Proposed Plan of Study covering 500 words
- Mobile Number
- Working Email ID
Process To Apply Online Under New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the mentioned below points for getting contact details:-
- The applicant will need first to visit the official website.
- Now you will get land on the homepage.
- Look at the top right-hand side of your screen.
- Click on the link to Contact Us.
- The contact details will get displayed on your screen.
- Now you can go through the contact details mentioned on your screen.
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships, then you may contact this mentioned below office address, telephone number and email ID:-
- Office Address:-
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Head Office
- 195 Lambton Quay
- Private Bag 18 901
- Wellington 6160,
- New Zealand
- Telephone Number:- +64 4 439 8000
- Email ID:- [email protected]