OWWA Scholarship Program 2024 Apply Online & Registration Form | OWWA Scholarship Program Check Amount & Selection Parameters | OWWA Scholarship Program Check Age limit & Beneficiary Limitation | General Weighted Average Check Benefits & Features | General Weighted Average Check Eligibility & All Details |
Financial help and support will be awarded to the students belonging to the Filipino country by which they will be able to carry out further studies. For this, the students or applicants will need to apply online for the OWWA Scholarship Program. This scholarship will also be provided to the citizens of the Filipino country.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the OWWA Scholarship Program 2024 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, Important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online for this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
OWWA Scholarship Program
The Department of Labour and Employment has launched the OWWA Scholarship Program so that Overseas Workers from Filipino countries will be able to get or receive scholarship amounts for pursuing baccalaureate courses from an accredited university. One can apply online before the last date. Scholarships will be awarded to the students on an annual basis.
A scholarship amount of PHP 60,000/- will be granted to the students wanting to carry out baccalaureate courses after getting an online registration offered under the OWWA Scholarship. The top 400 students who have passed the entrance examination will be granted the scholarship amounts. On an annual basis, the students will be given scholarships.
Highlights of OWWA Scholarship Program 2024
The highlights of this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name Of The Scholarship
|OWWA Scholarship Program
|Overseas Workers Welfare Administration Scholarship
|Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, Department of Labour and Employment
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
|To award scholarships to the wards of OFW OWWA members
|Beneficiaries will be able to carry out baccalaureate degree
|Citizens of Filipino
|Wards of OFW OWWA members
|Mode Of Transfer
|DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
|Good Academic Records
|Amount of Benefit
|National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date of Online Form Submission
|Will be updated soon
|Mode of application
|OWWA Central Office
F.B. Harrison St, Pasay, Metro Manila
8891-7601 to 24
Objectives Of OWWA Scholarship Program
The major objective of launching the OWWA Scholarship is to provide a scholarship amount of PHG 60,000/- to the citizens of Filipino by which they will be inspired or enabled to pursue a four or five-year baccalaureate degree. This scholarship will be provided to each eligible student as per the beneficiary limitation.
Another objective of launching the OWWA Scholarship Program is to fulfil the desires of students wanting to undertake further studies but not being able to do so due to financial instabilities. After applying online for this scholarship, the students will be able to get scholarship amounts. A target of covering around 400 top students has been set up.
This scholarship will be provided or given to the students based on beneficiary category for which the students will be selected for carrying out further studies. This scholarship will be applicable to the dependents of OFW OWWA members wanting to undertake a baccalaureate degree belonging to the citizenship of Filipinos.
The age of the student or beneficiary will also be taken into consideration at the time of carrying out the selection procedure. Students will need to attain the age limit. Students falling under the age group of 21 to 30 years will be able to get scholarships as well as selection. This will be the second selection parameter.
OWWA Scholarship Program Amount
Whenever the selection procedure has been carried out or completed by the selection body, the disbursement of scholarship amounts among the selected or shortlisted students will be started. Each student will be given or granted a scholarship amount of PHP 60,000/- that will be granted on an annual basis.
OWWA Scholarship Program Coverage
This scholarship will cover the below-mentioned allowances:-
- Tuition Fees
- Living Expenses
- Book Grants
- Educational Expenses
OWWA Scholarship Program Last Date
As this scholarship has been recently launched, the last date to apply online for this scholarship has not been updated yet through the use of social networking sites. Whenever the last date of online form submission is launched, we will update you through this article by which you will be able to get registration.
Only a limited no of students will be shortlisted or selected for carrying out scholarship amounts. Students will be able to get scholarships based on beneficiary limitations. Around 400 top students will be selected who have cracked the DOST national examination which means 400 scholarships will be disbursed annually.
There are 2 selection parameters as per follows:-
- Monthly Income
- General Weighted Average
Income generated from the source of income or earnings will be taken into consideration at the time of the selection procedure by the selection body for determining financial stability. The worker should be earning $600/- Per Month. Otherwise, the scholarship amount will not be given to his or her dependent.
General Weighted Average
The General Weighted Average will be the other or second selection parameter that will provide or assure the selection of an eligible beneficiary. Students will also need to secure a minimum cut-off General Weighted Average of 80% in all academic and non-academic subjects during the last school year.
Benefits Of OWWA Scholarship Program 2024
The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:-
- Students will be able to carry out baccalaureate degrees for a duration of 4 to 5 years.
- This will secure the interests of OFW OWWA members.
- OFW OWWA members will be able to admit their child or son/daughter to the college.
- This will provide them with some form of financial stability.
- The grant empowers women scientists by providing financial support for their research-related activities, promoting gender equality in the scientific community.
- The grant contributes to building a more inclusive and diverse research community in India by facilitating the participation of women scientists in cutting-edge research.
- Researchers have the opportunity to present their work at conferences, collaborate with experts, and gain exposure to advancements in their field, enhancing their career development.
- Each year, the students will be given scholarships.
- Around 400 students will be able to get scholarships annually.
- One can apply online before the last date to get timely registration.
Features Of OWWA Scholarship Program 2024
The features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, Department of Labour and Employment has launched the OWWA Scholarship.
- This scholarship is also known as the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration Scholarship.
- This scholarship will be provided or awarded to the citizens of Fillipino.
- The grant covers various allowances, including travel expenses, subsistence allowance, residence allowance, and contingency allowance, ensuring comprehensive financial support for researchers.
- By facilitating international mobility, the grant offers researchers the opportunity to broaden their professional network, attend conferences, and gain exposure to cutting-edge research worldwide.
- The application process is conducted online through the SERB portal, making it accessible for interested women scientists. The process involves detailed research proposals and letters of acceptance from host institutions.
- Dependents or wards of OFW OWWA members will be given scholarship amounts.
- A scholarship amount of PHP 60,000/- Per Annum will be granted to the students for carrying out baccalaureate degrees.
- For getting more information, the students can visit the official website.
OWWA Scholarship Program Eligibility Criteria
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply for this scholarship:-
- The applicant must be a citizen of a Filipino country.
- He or she must be a member of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration.
- The age limit of dependent or ward of OFW OWWA members must be 21 to 30 years.
- The OFW OWWA member must be earning an amount of $600/- every month.
- The ward must have attained a General Weighted Average of 80% in all academic and non-academic subjects during the last school year.
Some of the important documents required to apply online under this scholarship as per given below:-
- OFW Membership Record
- One valid I.D. of the OFW and the Authorized Representative
- Proof of Relationship to OFW Member
- OFW Birth Certificate
- OFW Certificate of No Marriage Record
- Dependent’s Birth Certificate
- Dependent’s Form 137 / Certified True Copy of Form 138 / Transcript of Records
- Certificate of Good Moral
- Medical Certificate
- Sworn Statement
- Contract salary of OFWAccomplished ODSP Application Form
Process To Apply Online Under OWWA Scholarship Program 2024
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the OWWA Scholarship Program is launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.
Getting Contact Details
The applicants will need to follow the below-mentioned points to apply online for this scholarship:-
- Visit and open the official website.
- On the homepage, click on the Menu Bar.
- Then, click on the Contact Link.
- The contact details will be displayed on your screen.
- Now you can see the contact details.
In case of queries and questions come to your mind regarding the OWWA Scholarship Program, then you may contact this mentioned below office address and telephone number:-
- Office Address:-
- OWWA Central Office
- F.B. Harrison St, Pasay, Metro Manila
- 8891-7601 to 24
- Telephone No:- (02) 1348